Showing results 1 to 25 of 65
Search took 2.74 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Hugh
Forum: Unicycling December 15th 08, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Hugh
got the 20" ... practice going good

It's kinda funny how unicycling has gotten me to do stuff I would
normally not do. It is about the only exercise I get and it is
definitely the only exercise I enjoy. It has gotten me up early in...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 08, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Hugh
Hand Injuries Common in Muni? Or is just me?

I've had an injury to my hand:

http://tinyurl.com/5gnc5u

The main cause of my injury was getting my pinky finger caught in
between the slats of a foot bridge as I tumbled off of it after...
Forum: Unicycling November 2nd 08, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Hugh
A quick bang before today's ride!

I had a rim that unbeknownst to me had flared out a little bit. When I
put in some air, it seemed a little weird. Started examining it and saw
that the tube had squeezed out and even though I had...
Forum: Unicycling October 13th 08, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Hugh
Weekly Progress report

McNerdius,

If nothing else, I am encouraged by one statement you made:

"I'll get there though."

That one phrase will be enough to get you riding. As long as you keep
working at it, you definitely...
Forum: Unicycling July 31st 08, 07:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Hugh
Learning to Unicycle as performance art...

I would submit that art and unicycles are similarly absurd and pointless
in their utility. But both exist for the pleasure of the people who
partake in them. However, unicycling has the added...
Forum: Unicycling July 28th 08, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Hugh
Sif

Try lowering your seat some. If you have the seat up high, it is
difficult to pull it out front.

--
Hugh

--
Hugh
MUC Member

Thanks for posting the article. I was surprised to see that I was in
the NAUCC video (at least my backside) 1:23-1:29.

--
Hugh

--
Hugh
MUC Member

peleschramm wrote:
hmmm... Im trying to register but It's all like: "The server rejected
the sender address. The server response was: 451 4.3.2 Please try again
later" When I attempt to pay....
Forum: Unicycling April 27th 08, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By Hugh
Post if your going to naucc!

I have booked flights, car and hotel so only thing left is to figure out
how to get the unicycles there.

--
Hugh

--
Hugh
MUC Member

I weigh around 215 lbs (probably 220 with Camelbak loaded) and hop on my
Torker LX, but I wouldn't ride off any drops bigger than a curb. The
torker has held up fine for almost two years, though I...
Forum: Unicycling April 16th 08, 06:17 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 22
Posted By Hugh
Is uphill muni really this difficult or am I just

A lot of good feedback on here. My 2 cents is that practice is the key.
The more you try, the better your technique will get and the more
successes you will have. Last summer I could not do much on...
Forum: Unicycling April 10th 08, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 122
Posted By Hugh
What's the biggest injury that you incured unicycling (sorry ;)?

wheres_your_other_wheel wrote:
I was trying a varial roll because raphael asked me iff i could do them
and i
said i didnt no so i went in my garage and on my first attempt the
pedal and...
Forum: Unicycling April 9th 08, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 136
Posted By Hugh
Uni magazine issue 4

I am pretty patient and will wait. But I would like to know that they
still plan to mail it and continue to produce it. At this point, I
don't know whether they have closed up shop or are just...
Forum: Unicycling April 6th 08, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Hugh
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Got a few comments today riding around downtown Memphis.

One guy said "hey you got back with only half your bike!". I replied,
"Yep, it's a tough neighborhood".

Overheard a guy talking to a girl...
Forum: Unicycling March 26th 08, 06:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Hugh
I conquered the unicycle!

I had a similar learning experience in that I was an owner for years
before I became a rider. But I would put it up for years at a time in
between my attempts.

With regard to your legs getting...
Forum: Unicycling March 9th 08, 07:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Hugh
Can learning on old, crappy unicycle to start be counterproductive?

I think it is more important that the unicycle be a good fit, than
weather it is old or junky. It took me a long time to learn to ride
and I think the main problem was the seat was too low for me. ...
Forum: Unicycling March 5th 08, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Hugh
Active Unicycle Clubs

Since I suspect that there is always new traffic through this forum, I
thought it might be a good idea to create a thread where people could
post information for their unicycle clubs.

So with that...
Forum: Unicycling February 5th 08, 08:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 36
Posted By Hugh
when did u get your second uni?

Well, just to skew the results the other way a little bit, I got my
second unicycle about 10 years after my first. But got my 3rd only 6
months after my 2nd.

1st Uni - 3/16/1996 - Schwinn 20"
2nd...
Forum: Unicycling January 28th 08, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Hugh
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Some friends and I were riding a trail around a local lake when some
b*kers rode past us. One of them said, "Now that's the ultimate single
speed". I caught up to them a minute later since the chain...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 07, 06:38 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Hugh
bleeding the Maguras

And if a person rarely uses their brakes except for maybe when he is
leaning on his unicycle, how often would said person need to bleed his
brakes?

Is the bleeding needed due to fluid leaking out of...
Forum: Unicycling November 9th 07, 06:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Hugh
1 foot riding

I sympathize with you, REM48. It took me weeks before I could get my
foot off the pedal. I remember trying to work up to it by putting no
pressure on the pedal with one foot, but no matter what I...
Forum: Unicycling November 9th 07, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Hugh
Help find Statistics on Unicycling?

Maybe you can find statistics on other activities like skateboarding or
something similar. Then find out how many people go to a national
event versus how many people just participate in the...
Forum: Unicycling November 6th 07, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Hugh
Stags and staggering

harper wrote:
The quiz should read:

What has always had 13, except from May 1, 1795 to July 3, 1818 when it
had 15, but has gone from 13 to 15 to 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28,
29, 30,...
Forum: Unicycling November 5th 07, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Hugh
What's a good $100-200 unicycle for a heavier person?

penguini wrote:
Well I don't plan on doing any drops. It's mostly just something for me
to do to get exercise like riding around the community and such. Thanks
for all the info.

I also...
Forum: Unicycling October 20th 07, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Hugh
anybody here!?

Rubix, I'm looking forward to seeing how much you have improved since
your last visit. BTW, we will be meeting indoors on Thursdays starting
in November at First Congregational Church. Check the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 65