Showing results 1 to 25 of 153
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jon Bendtsen
Forum: UK August 24th 09, 07:19 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 21
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
Who's higher in people's perception, cats or cyclists?

raamman wrote:
On Aug 24, 11:04 am, ComandanteBanana
wrote:
Think about it: You can never use HATE SPEECH against cats or they
call it "animal cruelty;" but you...
Forum: Social Issues August 24th 09, 07:19 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
Think about it: You can never use HATE SPEECH against cats or they
call it "animal cruelty;" but you...
Forum: UK August 5th 09, 07:16 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 61
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
Do you enjoy the ride on the road, or just survive it?

ComandanteBanana wrote:
Originally Posted by cyclezealot
"There are laws here that says, motorists can't pass bicycles within
1.5 meters. They hit you they are violating that rule. we think...
Forum: Recumbent Biking August 3rd 09, 02:53 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 2
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
Rode yesterday 25 miles and today rode 34 miles but now I hearabout this news!

ru4linux2 wrote:
On Aug 1, 11:37 pm, "Randall Kehrt" wrote:
To All,

Some sad news from Louisville, KY.

A bicyclist participating in a triathlon
at...
Forum: Recumbent Biking August 2nd 09, 03:18 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 2
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
Riding a trike or quad ON the beach

Barclay wrote:
I've ridden and raced recumbents for 10 years, currently ride a
Lightning R84.. Now I'm moving to the beach and want to know if
there's some kind of trike or perhaps quad-cycle,...
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 17th 09, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 1
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
Is there such a thing as an ideal trike?

Hi

So far everyone has assumed that the trike would have the rear wheel
driven by the pedals. But what if it was the front wheel that was
driven by the pedals, like a Cruzbike?

Does that change...
Forum: Techniques June 17th 09, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 116
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
Is there such a thing as an ideal trike?

Hi

So far everyone has assumed that the trike would have the rear wheel
driven by the pedals. But what if it was the front wheel that was
driven by the pedals, like a Cruzbike?

Does that change...
Forum: Techniques June 16th 09, 09:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 116
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
Is there such a thing as an ideal trike?

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Jon Bendtsen" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:
"Bernhard Agthe" wrote in message
Forum: Techniques June 15th 09, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 116
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
Is there such a thing as an ideal trike?

Andre Jute wrote:
On Jun 15, 3:46 pm, Bernhard Agthe wrote:
Hi,

Andre Jute wrote:
Thinks for those links, Doug. I went and had a another good hard look
at the...
Forum: Techniques June 15th 09, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Bernhard Agthe" wrote in message
[...]
The only obvious drawbacks to a delta a

- large turning...
Forum: Techniques June 15th 09, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 116
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
Is there such a thing as an ideal trike?

Bernhard Agthe wrote:
Hi,

Andre Jute wrote:
Thinks for those links, Doug. I went and had a another good hard look

Ack.

at the deltas and they're still not for me, despite what...
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 13th 09, 07:09 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 7
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
Research on Tire Inflation Problems and Loss of Air

Opus wrote:
On Jun 13, 6:49 am, Jon Bendtsen wrote:
snip
An article I read said a racing car team was using straight nitrogen in
their tires, for two reasons....
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 13th 09, 07:08 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 7
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
Research on Tire Inflation Problems and Loss of Air

Erness Wild wrote:
It's not just about air with oxygen around the tire, it's about air with
oxygen UNDER PRESURE, that is the issue. The article that originally
caught my attention was this...
Forum: Recumbent Biking June 13th 09, 07:49 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 7
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
Research on Tire Inflation Problems and Loss of Air

Erness Wild wrote:
Mervyn Carter wrote:
In article of Tue, 9 Jun 2009, Jon Bendtsen writes
i dont think it makes any noticeable difference.

Am I mistaken, or do I remember reading...
Forum: Techniques May 27th 09, 07:57 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 355
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
The perfect recumbent?

Nate Nagel wrote:
Phil W Lee wrote:
Nate Nagel considered Tue, 26 May 2009 18:10:10
-0400 the perfect time to write:

Phil W Lee wrote:
Michael Press...
Forum: Techniques May 27th 09, 07:55 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 355
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
The perfect recumbent?

Nate Nagel wrote:
Phil W Lee wrote:
Michael Press considered Mon, 25 May 2009
18:11:12 -0700 the perfect time to write:

In article...
Forum: Techniques May 26th 09, 08:49 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 355
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
The perfect recumbent?

Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
Jon Bendtsen wrote:

Richard Riley wrote:
Jon Bendtsen writes:

Richard...
Forum: Techniques May 25th 09, 07:39 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 355
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
The perfect recumbent?

Richard Riley wrote:
Tom Sherman °_° writes:

Richard Riley wrote:
Tom Sherman °_° writes:

Richard...
Forum: Techniques May 25th 09, 05:39 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 355
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
The perfect recumbent?

Richard Riley wrote:
Jon Bendtsen writes:

Richard Riley wrote:
Jon Bendtsen writes:

Richard Riley wrote:
"Edward Dolan"...
Forum: Techniques May 25th 09, 05:15 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 355
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
The perfect recumbent?

Richard Riley wrote:
Jon Bendtsen writes:

Richard Riley wrote:
"Edward Dolan" writes:

"Doc O'Leary" wrote...
Forum: Techniques May 25th 09, 09:56 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 355
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
The perfect recumbent?

Richard Riley wrote:
"Edward Dolan" writes:

"Doc O'Leary" wrote in message
Forum: Techniques May 25th 09, 08:30 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 355
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
The perfect recumbent?

Doc O'Leary wrote:
In article ,
(Tom Keats) wrote:

[cuuuuut]

And yet, interestingly, the time most aggressive riders get fully out...
Forum: Techniques May 24th 09, 08:36 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 355
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
The perfect recumbent?

Tom_Sherman wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:
"Tom_Sherman" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:
Forum: General May 18th 09, 09:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 34
Posted By Jon Bendtsen
Recumbent Bicycle made from a Tree Trunk Pic

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Tom_Sherman" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:
"Tom_Sherman"...
Forum: General May 18th 09, 08:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,ba.bicycles,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Tom_Sherman" wrote in message
[...]

The visibility issue is minor to...