Showing results 1 to 25 of 97
Search took 0.80 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: rolandisimo
Forum: Unicycling January 15th 09, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By rolandisimo
Evolution of Balance - Team Rollercoaster

Hi, we have made it out of the jungle and have the Pacific ocean in our
sights. Just as we left the jungle, and got into cellphone range, we
did an interview with Public Radio International's (PRI)...
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By rolandisimo
Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

The 1-axle thing might increase our theoretical damage, but I think the
slower speed thing makes it actually much less.

As others have mentioned, cycle damage to trails is often just a
yelling point...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By rolandisimo
Pictures of your latest ride

steveyo;1164658 wrote:
Ro -
Is that pic from the north shore of the Chagras at Gamboa? That's
where the natives will ferry us across in their boats? Are those the
boats?

Yes, that's the...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 10:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By rolandisimo
Unicycles on the plane (long instructions)

I've had a 29 or 24" uni along for plane rides a 1/2 dozen times over
the last year. The first time I boxed it up and the box fell apart so I
abandoned that and just checked it without any wrapping....
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 09:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By rolandisimo
Pictures of your latest ride

Caught a little bit of jungle single track today in Panama as I set up
some logistics for our upcoming Evolution of Balance ride ('more detail
at our blog here'...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 81
Posted By rolandisimo
Best Photos of 2008

Roland and Steveyo on Tongue Mt. overlooking Lake George, Adirondacks,
NY
[image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3062/2790587595_1a6619efaa.jpg]

Steveyo on day 5 of RTL
[image:...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By rolandisimo
Schlumpf shifting techniques

I'm now always shifting with my heel, no more ankle-bone action.

The pegs on the pedals make it tricky to rotate your foot and nab the
button. If you're having trouble you might try some...
Forum: Unicycling December 11th 08, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By rolandisimo
My new KH/Schlumpf 36!!!

Cool!
I'm on the road this week but have all the parts waiting for me at home
to build my 36guni. Can't wait!
ro

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 8th 08, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By rolandisimo
Muni race, Schenectady NY, Sunday 30Nov

The MTBr's are putting a lot of work into the course and it gets better
ever time. That jump was new, the vid was the first time I went over it.
I got a bit more air later. The landing is smooth so...
Forum: Unicycling December 6th 08, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By rolandisimo
Muni race, Schenectady NY, Sunday 30Nov

cool vid!
I want to go back and just practice going over that jump!
ro

--
rolandisimo
rolandisimo's Profile:...
Replies: 11
Posted By rolandisimo
Muni race, Schenectady NY, Sunday 30Nov

cool, 4 munis in the race, I think that will be the most we've had at
this series. Means someone will be off the podium. ;)
ro

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 29th 08, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 53
Posted By rolandisimo
KH / Schlumpf Geared 24" mountain unicycling

Ok Corbin,
Thanks a lot. I was just about to put my money down on a 36er frame to
move my hub into and now you've got me thinking I should put it in a 24
instead.

As one of the few that have...
Forum: Unicycling November 28th 08, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By rolandisimo
Muni race, Schenectady NY, Sunday 30Nov

We are up to 3 munis in this race, with a possible 4th.
ro

--
rolandisimo
rolandisimo's Profile:...

dude, that sucks
I know your pain, my geared hub is in for repairs now too - mine took 6
months to break.

ro

--
rolandisimo
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 08, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I'm finally getting the hang of WW after quite a bit of practice. There
is a lot of good advice in this thread and elsewhere. However, there
are 3 things that helped me that I have not seen...
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 08, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By rolandisimo
Muni race, Schenectady NY, Sunday 30Nov

Ride off the turkey this Sunday. I just signed up and expect a few more
local munis will too. This is a 2hr race around a surprisingly great
course. Most laps wins. We've gone to enough of these...
Forum: Unicycling November 19th 08, 12:23 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By rolandisimo
London Coker Tour(ism)

Cool, this is a great idea, for any town
Ro

--
rolandisimo
rolandisimo's Profile:...

Ride the 125's for a while, then switch back to the 150's and they'll
feel huge! I just did that tonight, felt great (especially geared up).
I can't imagine something larger than 150's being...
Forum: Unicycling September 30th 08, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By rolandisimo
Uppermidwest/Minnesota Winter

you guys are all nuts!

--
rolandisimo
rolandisimo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13769

Thanks, fixed that.
They still do the 5-Boro Bike Tour, in May I think. There were some
uni's in it last year (American Mojo). That ride is shorter than
100miles, but adds Staten Island to the...
Forum: Unicycling September 9th 08, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 107
Posted By rolandisimo
unflatering riding pics.

Here's a rather unflattering one I took of a fellow long-distance rider
making some adjustments.
[image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3253/2841226098_6e259ddfb9.jpg]

--...
Forum: Unicycling September 9th 08, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By rolandisimo
Century Ride of 9.7.08 (and massive UPD)

The other Uni's have given this a good write up so I'll just add my
perspective, and a bit more detail about my last miserable 20 miles.

Also 'a few pictures up on flickr'...
Forum: Unicycling September 5th 08, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 36
Posted By rolandisimo
Riding in Amsterdam

Writing with short report on an excellent week of riding in the
Netherlands.

I brought my 29Guni which was a great wheel for the trip. Easy to take
on the plane (checked it as luggage, without a...
Forum: Unicycling September 4th 08, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By rolandisimo
NYC Century Ride (Sept 7, 2008)

I've got my Bib and should be all set for Sunday. Right now they have
Hurricane Hanna rumbling through the area on Saturday, I hope its out
of the way by Sunday.

Start time is 6am, right, do we...
Forum: Unicycling September 2nd 08, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By rolandisimo
Race to the Top of VT, unicyclist spotted

Hey, great picture.

There were at least 3 unis in the race and I heard Geoff beat the other
two by 20min and that his mother was a mountain goat!

This ride makes the paves hill-climbs seem tame. ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 97