Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Trent W. Buck
Forum: Australia May 6th 14, 02:04 AM Posted to aus.cars,aus.bicycle
Replies: 36
Posted By Trent W. Buck
Bicycle license

"Tomasso" writes:

"Noddy" wrote in message ...
On 02/05/14 8:37 PM, F Murtz wrote:

Don't like to use the word...
Forum: Australia May 5th 14, 04:01 AM Posted to aus.cars,aus.bicycle
Replies: 36
Posted By Trent W. Buck
Bicycle license

F Murtz writes:

There was a study on hi viz clothing for bicycles in England which
found that it did not change the vehicle bike clearances.

See...
Forum: Australia May 5th 14, 03:55 AM Posted to aus.cars,aus.bicycle
Replies: 36
Posted By Trent W. Buck
Bicycle license

D Walford writes:

With a visible number cyclists could be identified when they break the
road rules, couldn't have cyclists obey the road now could we.

My old Kronan...
Forum: Australia May 5th 14, 03:47 AM Posted to aus.cars,aus.bicycle
Replies: 36
Posted By Trent W. Buck
Bicycle license

D Walford writes:

They have already knobbled cycle use with mandated helmets (which some
think good) but bicycle use dropped when it was introduced,

If that's...
Forum: Australia April 3rd 14, 08:39 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 32
Posted By Trent W. Buck
Southern cross drive accident

On 2014-04-01, James (aka Bruce)
I don't think bike paths are as safe as...
Forum: Australia April 2nd 14, 01:25 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 32
Posted By Trent W. Buck
Southern cross drive accident

James writes:

Riding on the road in Melbourne on my "racing" bike, I get maybe one
puncture per year, but I avoid wet weather riding when possible, as this
is the...
Forum: Australia March 26th 14, 12:55 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By Trent W. Buck
"women's" mtbs

What is the deal with those bikes you see -- mostly MTBs -- that have a
top rail that's neither parallel to the ground (thus, strong) nor low
enough to actually step through?

The only explanation I...
Forum: Australia March 24th 14, 01:43 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 32
Posted By Trent W. Buck
Southern cross drive accident

Stuart Longland writes:

40kg of bicycle + 90kg of rider doesn't stop *that* quickly.

Wow, and I thought my steel bike was heavy at 22kg.

So ringing a bell was...
Forum: Australia March 24th 14, 01:35 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 32
Posted By Trent W. Buck
Southern cross drive accident

news13 writes:

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 10:13:36 +1100, Trent W. Buck wrote:

And because a bike/ped collision is safer for everyone than a bike/car
Forum: Australia March 21st 14, 12:13 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 32
Posted By Trent W. Buck
Southern cross drive accident

Stuart Longland writes:

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 20:29:02 +1100, F Murtz wrote:

Was this where an alternative bicycle track exists ?

I'm not familiar with the...
Forum: Australia February 8th 14, 10:20 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By Trent W. Buck
slippery saddle?

So last week I noticed I had (somehow) managed to shear through one of
the rails of my Brooks B67 saddle.

Today, I replaced it with a brand new B67. The first one came with the
bike, and presumably...
Forum: Australia November 19th 13, 04:28 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By Trent W. Buck
bulbs to LEDs

(Trent W. Buck) writes:

Zebee Johnstone writes:

One thing I didn't expect, is that it flickers a bit even at speed,
whereas with a bulb that was...
Forum: Australia November 14th 13, 12:20 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By Trent W. Buck
bulbs to LEDs

Zebee Johnstone writes:

One thing I didn't expect, is that it flickers a bit even at speed,
whereas with a bulb that was only noticable when the bulb was only
just...
Forum: Australia November 13th 13, 03:04 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By Trent W. Buck
bulbs to LEDs

Zebee Johnstone writes:

In aus.bicycle on Wed, 07 Aug 2013 11:10:14 +1000
Trent W. Buck wrote:
Zebee Johnstone writes:
The...
Forum: Australia August 13th 13, 08:00 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By Trent W. Buck
bulbs to LEDs

On 2013-08-13, James (aka Bruce)
Ah, well that's good. Perhaps the light...
Forum: Australia August 12th 13, 07:43 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By Trent W. Buck
bulbs to LEDs

James writes:

On 06/08/13 18:41, Trent W. Buck wrote:
I suspect the responses are all gonna be "I hate dynamos! Batteries are
not that hard, just HTFU" so I...
Forum: Australia August 7th 13, 02:10 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By Trent W. Buck
bulbs to LEDs

Zebee Johnstone writes:

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 06 Aug 2013 18:41:15 +1000
Trent W. Buck wrote:
I have a Gazelle Toer Populair from about 2010, which...
Forum: Australia August 6th 13, 09:41 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By Trent W. Buck
bulbs to LEDs

I have a Gazelle Toer Populair from about 2010, which has hub powered
lights. And I like that. I don't have to remember to swap the
batteries once a week. I don't even have to remember to turn it...
Forum: Australia March 20th 13, 07:52 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Trent W. Buck
Roads are dangerous = need more bike farcilities

James writes:

Educate drivers and riders better on rules, regulations and rights.

I'd like a mandatory defensive driving component for auto licenses. My
insurer...
Forum: Australia February 8th 13, 02:43 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 20
Posted By Trent W. Buck
So do all your bicycle guys after the Ipad and touchcreens and **** still believe the Americans went to the moon?

writes:

I am just wondering [because] Australia, Brasil, and America are the
only countries in the world where fluoride is put in the municipal
water.

This is...
Forum: Australia August 2nd 12, 05:39 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By Trent W. Buck
FAQ?

Does this group still have an FAQ?
I can't see one in the last few thousand posts (the rest have expired away).
http://www.thehippy.net/Cycling/a_b_faq.htm is dated 2005, and the main
link is busted.
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21