Showing results 1 to 25 of 245
Search took 0.76 seconds.
Forum: UK May 11th 09, 09:11 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 61
Posted By [email protected]
Tiredness concerns

On 9 May, 11:39, Danny Colyer wrote:
Yup. *It wasn't clinically high, but I discovered that it was
consistently higher than ideal, with a systolic pressure of around...
Forum: UK May 8th 09, 09:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 61
Posted By [email protected]
Tiredness concerns

On 26 Apr, 22:57, jim wrote:
I find that I am getting more and more weary on the bike, and feel less
and less energetic. I can do the ride okay, but it is very steady and
slow....
Forum: UK August 4th 08, 10:19 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
More arrow counting

On 3 Aug, 23:12, "Clive George" wrote:
Got a good quiver full today - but does 6 up and 9 down mean we were
slacking and doing it the wrong way? Descent from the top of...
Forum: UK July 31st 08, 02:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Bicycle raised average height of french

A snippet from today's guardian cycling column which amused me:

"In France, where the bicycle is said to have raised the average
height of the population by reducing the number of marriages...
Forum: UK July 23rd 08, 03:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Commuting to work and back...

On 2008-07-17, Paul Boyd wrote:

(I really, really must start cycling in again, but now it's 12-ish...
Forum: UK July 4th 08, 03:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Six weeks in France

On Jun 19, 10:25*am, "Trevor A Panther"
wrote:
Just got back home from 6 weeks cycling in France.

It was probably the worst trip of the last several years and...
Forum: UK June 30th 08, 03:45 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
"UK minister backs call for more traffic police to protect cyclists"

"In an unexpected development at a meeting today of the Parliamentary
Transport Select Committee’s inquiry on road safety Britain’s
Transport Minister Jim Fitzpatrick MP backed calls for more...
Forum: UK June 24th 08, 12:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
Calculating Money Saved via Cycling

On Jun 23, 11:06*pm, (Jim Ley) wrote:
You've neglected the cost of the extra calories used to fuel your body
for the journey

You're assuming a need to eat extra calories to...
Forum: UK June 18th 08, 08:18 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 615
Posted By [email protected]
(Non-) Use of cycling facilities

On Jun 18, 8:05*pm, judith wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:55:21 GMT,

(Shaun) wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 19:35:54 +0100, judith...
Forum: UK June 18th 08, 07:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
RR: Exmouth Exodus

On Jun 18, 7:25*pm, Alison wrote:
wrote:

.

Met a couple of Stewartry Wheelers at the halfway stop, Simon Brooke's
club.

Nice...
Forum: UK June 18th 08, 08:26 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Best seat

On Jun 16, 8:50*am, "Nigel Cliffe" wrote:
Rob Morley wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 22:08:14 +0100
Topref wrote:

I need a new seat on my...
Forum: UK June 17th 08, 02:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 210
Posted By [email protected]
Does the Daily Mail hates Cyclists?

On Jun 16, 7:22*pm, Steve C wrote:
A five year old was knocked over in Cheltenham and badly injured by a
person on a bike. I first saw the story on the Daily Mail's web...
Forum: UK June 17th 08, 02:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 210
Posted By [email protected]
Does the Daily Mail hates Cyclists?

On Jun 17, 1:12*pm, "Dave" wrote:
I have had a look on overhead photos and cannot figure out exacly where it
happened.

From the published photo you can see a...
Forum: UK June 15th 08, 05:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
RR: Exmouth Exodus

Danny Colyer started his ride report for last year's Exmouth Exodus
"Well, that might have been fun on a warm, moonlit summer night. " And
that's almost what we had last night.

General impressions...
Forum: UK June 11th 08, 06:37 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 67
Posted By [email protected]
Why aren't disabled cyclists treated the same as disabledmotorists?

On Jun 11, 5:26*pm, JNugent wrote:
Ekul Namsob wrote:
JNugent wrote:
But why would a *disabled* person want a VAT-free *bicycle* when they
could get...
Forum: UK June 5th 08, 06:06 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
How was your commute?

On Jun 4, 8:00*pm, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:
Failed to run over the baby rabbits that wouldn't move until the last
moment.

Had a badger leap out in front...
Forum: UK May 28th 08, 05:24 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Wheel Size

On May 28, 5:10*pm, gargoyle47 wrote:
After cleaning the tyres I have deteced: *700 x 38C * 28 *x *1 5/8 *x
1 1/2
Performing the circumference test using ground...
Forum: UK May 28th 08, 03:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Question about MTB back wheel

On May 28, 11:43*am, Rob Morley wrote:
On Wed, 28 May 2008 10:08:51 +0100

Paul Boyd wrote:
Duncan Smith said the following on 27/05/2008 21:04:

Forum: UK May 23rd 08, 03:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Flashing front light in daytime.

On May 23, 2:21*pm, Rob Morley wrote:
On Fri, 23 May 2008 13:03:27 +0100

Nick wrote:
I was stuck in traffic in my car at about 8.30 this...
Forum: UK May 23rd 08, 03:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Nick wrote:
I was stuck in traffic in my car at about 8.30 this...
Forum: UK May 12th 08, 11:34 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Routes through New Forest.

On May 11, 8:44*am, Gaz wrote:
Hi all. I want to cycle from Dibden Purlieu to Lymington. The sustrans
route goes to Brockenhurst then you have to find your own way...
Forum: UK May 9th 08, 11:28 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
"Police hunt bike riding flasher"

I was amused by this local story - flashing while on a bike sounds
like quite an achievement to me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/7388412.stm

"A man exposed himself to a woman...
Forum: UK May 2nd 08, 08:29 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Cadence for very little

On May 1, 8:50*pm, Jim Price wrote:
Today I got an Aldi £5 cycle computer - this may work better with others
and indeed others have done it with other computers. The Aldi...
Forum: UK May 1st 08, 08:42 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 218
Posted By [email protected]
Road Rage

On Apr 30, 9:42*pm, (Alan Braggins) wrote:

There's also "the horn in this unfamiliar car is on a stalk where my
usual car has a screenwash switch, and I forgot". I've...
Forum: UK April 29th 08, 06:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Pino on Ebay

On Apr 29, 2:49*pm, Tim Hall wrote:
I see there's a Pino up for grabs on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260233817422#des...

Not...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 245