Showing results 1 to 25 of 41
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JCrowe
Forum: Techniques January 4th 09, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By JCrowe
Let a thousand backyard breweries flower Sleeper product

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
That said, the best thing I drank this year may be a bottle of Fuller's
Vintage Ale.

Full disclosu I like my beer strong (8-10%) and complex.

If you like...
Forum: Techniques November 8th 08, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 51
Posted By JCrowe
Stretching before hard exercise

wrote:
On Nov 7, 6:22 pm, wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/6neoxx

Well... People have been talking about doing light activity to get
Forum: Techniques November 6th 08, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By JCrowe
Freewheel removal woes revisited......

wrote:
Jim Crowe wrote:

A while back I detailed the woes of removing an old SunTour Winner
Pro from a wheel. I finally got it off using chain vicegrips...
Forum: Techniques November 5th 08, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 27
Posted By JCrowe
Freewheel removal woes revisited......

Hi Folks,

A while back I detailed the woes of removing an old
SunTour Winner Pro from a wheel. I finally got it off
using chain vicegrips after removing the pawls from the
body. Sad to destroy...
Forum: Techniques October 15th 08, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By JCrowe
Freewheel removal woes

Hi Folks,

I have a set of wheels built on 1980 Campy Record hubs..36
hole. The front wheel repack was smooth. When I attempted to get
the Suntour Winner Pro four prong freewheel off, it snapped...
Forum: Techniques September 22nd 08, 04:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By JCrowe
bearing balls - 101

jim beam wrote:
since there appears to be myth and ignorance surrounding bearing balls
in bike circles, here is a quickie fact summary:

My question is why are ball bearings considered for...
Forum: General September 2nd 08, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,chi.general
Replies: 232
Posted By JCrowe
about f'ing time (bike rule enforcement)

Frank Krygowski wrote:
Q: Is there anything in the U.S. Constitution enumerating driving as
a right?

A: No.

To be pedantic, there are two flaws in your statement. First,
automobiles...
Forum: General August 18th 08, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 362
Posted By JCrowe
The idiocy of Tom Sherman

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
On Aug 18, 3:37 pm, Espressopithecus (Java Man)
wrote:
In article f9180274-3a84-46da-9ffe-b5ae8cf03f88
Forum: Racing August 18th 08, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 394
Posted By JCrowe
The idiocy of Tom Sherman

wrote:
In article f9180274-3a84-46da-9ffe-b5ae8cf03f88
Forum: Techniques August 18th 08, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 355
Posted By JCrowe
The idiocy of Tom Sherman

wrote:
In article f9180274-3a84-46da-9ffe-b5ae8cf03f88
Forum: UK August 18th 08, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 355
Posted By JCrowe
The idiocy of Tom Sherman

wrote:
In article f9180274-3a84-46da-9ffe-b5ae8cf03f88
Forum: Techniques August 9th 08, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By JCrowe
Freewheel questions

Hi John,
On 2008-08-08, JCrowe wrote:

You can still find new freewheels but I doubt they are of the
same quality as most Suntours were.
Forum: Techniques August 8th 08, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By JCrowe
Freewheel questions

Tom Reingold wrote:
On Aug 7, 8:32 pm, Mars wrote:
I have a 1987 Suntour 6 speed freewheel with 2 problems. Today I
noticed that the cogs feel a little loose - if I hold...
Forum: General August 4th 08, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 40
Posted By JCrowe
best ride songs

recycled wrote:

"Shawn" wrote in message

"Ramble On" Led Zep

I should have included an LZ in my list.

Forum: Techniques July 31st 08, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 237
Posted By JCrowe
TdF and recumbents

Clive George wrote:
"JCrowe" wrote in message
Clive George wrote:
I've not seen pros getting off and walking in...
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 31st 08, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 228
Posted By JCrowe
TdF and recumbents

Clive George wrote:
"JCrowe" wrote in message
Clive George wrote:
I've not seen pros getting off and walking in...
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 31st 08, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 228
Posted By JCrowe
TdF and recumbents

Clive George wrote:
I've not seen pros getting off and walking in the Alps or Pyrenees - I've
seen it on climbs in the UK though...

Out of academic interest, where? I've cycled fully loaded...
Forum: Techniques July 31st 08, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 237
Posted By JCrowe
TdF and recumbents

Clive George wrote:
I've not seen pros getting off and walking in the Alps or Pyrenees - I've
seen it on climbs in the UK though...

Out of academic interest, where? I've cycled fully loaded...
Forum: Recumbent Biking July 31st 08, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 228
Posted By JCrowe
TdF and recumbents

Peter Clinch wrote:
wrote:

Do you know if any recumbents climb those European grades?

If you make a trike with low enough gearing your climbing limit is tyre
Forum: Techniques July 31st 08, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 237
Posted By JCrowe
TdF and recumbents

Peter Clinch wrote:
wrote:

Do you know if any recumbents climb those European grades?

If you make a trike with low enough gearing your climbing limit is tyre
Forum: Techniques July 31st 08, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 54
Posted By JCrowe
Possible to build a 27" wheel with a Shimano freehub?

steve wrote:
If you would like to use a nicer 27" rim than the CR-18 I would
recommend the Velocity synergy or dyad. If you want the dyad, though,
you will have to call to see if you can get...
Forum: Techniques July 17th 08, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By JCrowe
Missing link reliability

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
Gabriele Russo wrote:
My Ultegra 9 sp. chain needs to be changed (and sprocket accordingly).
What do you think of the reliability of a chain with the missing link...
Forum: General July 13th 08, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By JCrowe
Old Age Ouch

Hi Bill, et al,
Bill Sornson wrote:
So I'm out on my coastal bike ride today, and decide to add enough
miles to equal my years (upcoming birthday). Heading south from
Carlsbad, I chat with a...
Forum: General June 30th 08, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By JCrowe
Article - Bikes for the commute: New models more comfortable,reliable for riding to work

Peter Davis wrote:
On Jun 30, 1:26 pm, DennisTheBald wrote:
On Jun 30, 10:58 am, Ablang wrote:

Bikes for the commute: New models more...
Forum: Techniques June 22nd 08, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By JCrowe
Brooks B17

!Jones wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 18:15:08 -0700 (PDT), in rec.bicycles.tech
Woland99 wrote:

I went out and bought one -
B17 Special

Personally, I ride a...