Showing results 1 to 25 of 271
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Corvus Corvax
Forum: Mountain Biking December 7th 09, 08:29 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Corvus Corvax
Hipsters Discussing Cyclocross

On Dec 4, 12:38*am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
From my friend Simon, the penultimate hipster:

Also: Your friend Simon is the "penultimate" hipster? You mean he's
the second to last...
Forum: General December 7th 09, 08:29 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Corvus Corvax
Hipsters Discussing Cyclocross

On Dec 4, 12:38*am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
From my friend Simon, the penultimate hipster:

Also: Your friend Simon is the "penultimate" hipster? You mean he's
the second to last...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 7th 09, 08:26 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Corvus Corvax
Hipsters Discussing Cyclocross

On Dec 4, 12:38*am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
From my friend Simon, the penultimate hipster:

http://www.xtranormal.com:80/watch/5684963/

Too funny.

As a matter of fact, I have...
Forum: General December 7th 09, 08:26 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Corvus Corvax
Hipsters Discussing Cyclocross

On Dec 4, 12:38*am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
From my friend Simon, the penultimate hipster:

http://www.xtranormal.com:80/watch/5684963/

Too funny.

As a matter of fact, I have...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 10th 09, 06:12 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Corvus Corvax
GPS communication & locator device

On Feb 9, 3:37*pm, Anthony DeLorenzo
wrote:

I'm not sure where you're getting your information about tree cover...

From reviews like this one, which reports 21%...
Forum: Techniques February 10th 09, 06:12 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6

wrote:

I'm not sure where you're getting your information about tree cover...

From reviews like this one, which reports 21%...
Forum: Techniques February 8th 09, 12:39 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Corvus Corvax
GPS communication & locator device

On Feb 6, 7:30*pm, Anthony DeLorenzo
wrote:

For example, if I were deep in the bush with a major mechanical, I
would not want to risk having SAR called out to...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 8th 09, 12:39 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

For example, if I were deep in the bush with a major mechanical, I
would not want to risk having SAR called out to...
Forum: Techniques February 5th 09, 06:57 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Corvus Corvax
GPS communication & locator device

On Jan 30, 2:48*pm, " wrote:

Key Features:
With the SPOT Satellite Messenger, you and your loved ones have peace
of mind knowing help is always within...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 5th 09, 06:57 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.tech

On Jan 30, 2:48*pm, " wrote:

Key Features:
With the SPOT Satellite Messenger, you and your loved ones have peace
of mind knowing help is always within...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 1st 08, 08:45 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 5
Posted By Corvus Corvax
RR: Colorado Trail (Part 4)

On Jul 1, 1:42*pm, Bill Sornson wrote:

Thanks, Matt. *I was VERY fortunate, really -- helmet cracked in
numerous places, plus even my sunglass frame was scraped all to hell
Forum: Mountain Biking July 1st 08, 12:33 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 5
Posted By Corvus Corvax
RR: Colorado Trail (Part 4)

On Jun 30, 7:46 pm, Bill Sornson wrote:

My ISP dropped Usenet access a week ago, and reading via Google Groups
is not only boring but frustrating (can't tell who wrote what),...
Forum: Mountain Biking July 1st 08, 12:19 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 3
Posted By Corvus Corvax
RR: Colorado Trail (Part 5)

Days 6 and 7: Continental Divide

I pitch my tent on Kenosha Pass. I have gotten pretty well acclimated
to 7,000 feet, but at 10,000 I am winded by the smallest activity. My
legs are totally shot,...
Forum: Mountain Biking June 30th 08, 11:53 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 5
Posted By Corvus Corvax
RR: Colorado Trail (Part 4)

Days 4 and 5: South Park

One thing about bike touring is that it arouses sympathy in just about
everybody you meet. The road to Goose Creek is navigable by car, and
there are a few other campers at...
Forum: Mountain Biking June 29th 08, 06:10 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 4
Posted By Corvus Corvax
RR: Colorado Trail (Part 3)

Day 3: A bivouac in Hell

The Hayman fire in 2002 was the largest fire in Colorado history,
burning 140,000 acres of forest and destroying 133 homes. I have been
in old burn zones many times before,...
Forum: Mountain Biking June 28th 08, 05:22 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 0
Posted By Corvus Corvax
RR: Colorado Trail (Part 2)

Day 2: Luck

There is a scene in the old Clint Eastwood movie "The Eiger Sanction",
when the climb has gone totally to hell, death is in the air, and
Clint looks at a fellow climber and says: "We'll...
Forum: Mountain Biking June 28th 08, 02:47 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 0
Posted By Corvus Corvax
RR: Colorado Trail (Part 1)

"We all make powerful models of the future. The world we imagine seems
as real as the one we've experienced. We suffuse the model with the
emotional values of past realities. And in the thrall of...
Forum: Mountain Biking May 1st 08, 03:43 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 13
Posted By Corvus Corvax
Where'd everybody go?

On Apr 29, 6:29*pm, MattB wrote:

Sadly, as a group we couldn't ignore the trolls. A few old timers are
still here but it seems many have moved on.
Spokejunkies has a...
Forum: Mountain Biking April 7th 08, 12:00 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 3
Posted By Corvus Corvax
Q for the Colorado Folks

On the off chance that any of the Colorado contingent is still
checking in around he

I'm going to be in Boulder in early June, and it looks like I'll have
a free week to kick around on the bike...
Forum: Mountain Biking April 2nd 08, 03:03 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By Corvus Corvax
RR: Phoenix

On Mar 30, 11:52 pm, wrote:
http://www.spokejunkies.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7223

JD

Nice.

CC
Forum: Social Issues February 14th 08, 06:48 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 10
Posted By Corvus Corvax
Mountain bike accident postpones Shakespeare play

On Feb 14, 9:00 am, "
wrote:

Banter Banter Banter...you smile with hate at others misfortunes...
Darwinism would be great if you just dropped off the...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 14th 08, 06:48 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

wrote:

Banter Banter Banter...you smile with hate at others misfortunes...
Darwinism would be great if you just dropped off the...
Forum: Social Issues February 13th 08, 01:43 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike, rec.bicycles.soc, rec.backcountry,ca.environment, sci.environment
Replies: 10
Posted By Corvus Corvax
Mountain bike accident postpones Shakespeare play

On Feb 12, 8:26 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

Didn't you mean "nose-planting"?

That's the spirit! How about:

MACDUFF
What three things does mountain biking especially...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 13th 08, 01:43 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike, rec.bicycles.soc, rec.backcountry,ca.environment, sci.environment
Replies: 10
Posted By Corvus Corvax
Mountain bike accident postpones Shakespeare play

On Feb 12, 8:26 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

Didn't you mean "nose-planting"?

That's the spirit! How about:

MACDUFF
What three things does mountain biking especially...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 13th 08, 12:20 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 8
Posted By Corvus Corvax
Hey CC, cold enough for ya?

On Feb 12, 4:40 pm, Scott Gordo wrote:

I don't think that I can comprehend -40.

I saw temperatures like that a few times when I lived in Montana, with
wind chills below...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 271