Showing results 1 to 25 of 53
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pat
Forum: General March 30th 07, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 35
Posted By Pat
is cottage cheese good cycling food/fuel?

take potassium and magnesium for the cramps. not dairy. Personally, the only
milk I drink is soy milk. Maybe I shouldn't say "drink" because I put it on
cereal.

Pat in TX
Forum: General March 30th 07, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 21
Posted By Pat
how do you help sweat from getting in your face while riding?

Halo headbands. problem solved. it's that easy.

next question?

Pat in TX
Forum: General March 26th 07, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 33
Posted By Pat
Folding bicycles with fenders/mud guards ?

The specific complaints I heard (and had wondered about) were that the
front fender stops at the fork. I was told the front wheel throws a
dirty spray up and forward, which blows back onto him...
Forum: General March 26th 07, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 33
Posted By Pat
Folding bicycles with fenders/mud guards ?

My wife and I have matching Bike Friday New World Tourists. They
don't come stock with fenders, but they are an option.

However, I wasn't impressed by the design, from what I could tell...
Forum: Techniques March 23rd 07, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By Pat
Rolls saddle?

I just scored a nice NOS blue one on eBay. Blue matches my bike! An
although it is a known fact that red bikes are faster, I like blue.

If I really like this saddle as much as I think I do,...
Forum: Techniques March 22nd 07, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Pat
Recognising Bianchi's frame

Tomasz Jurek---you HAVE contacted Bianchi with this request, right?
Forum: General March 13th 07, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By Pat
House

Maybe you shouldn't read such heavy stuff as "TV Guide." It leads you
astray.
Forum: General March 13th 07, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By Pat
House

Excuse me I took right off the TV Guide. How am I wrong? He did at first
anyway. Did you expect me to recount the whole show for you? I have it
in a computer file if anyone wants...
Forum: General March 12th 07, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By Pat
House

"nash" wrote in message
Did anyone catch the episode of House where he refuses to treat a bicycle
racer because he believes...
Forum: General March 12th 07, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Pat
Wishing for spring

them home -- it was over 50 each afternoon.

Wish it would turn to spring. Wish I could put away the heavy and
medium pairs, at least.

Pat

It's spring here. Come on down!

Pat in TX
Forum: General March 11th 07, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 333
Posted By Pat
Best states (west of great lakes) for cycling

Michigan has a ten-cent bottle deposit law. Many of us resident riders
notice that flats are more prevalent in unenlightened commonwealths,
and it's fun to collect and cash them in near state...
Forum: General March 11th 07, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 333
Posted By Pat
Best states (west of great lakes) for cycling

Yeah or if the cop is bored enough from doughnuts and needs something to
keep them awake and sees a cyclist without a helmet and thinks well it's
stupid but it gives me something to...
Forum: General March 10th 07, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 333
Posted By Pat
Best states (west of great lakes) for cycling

Arizona, California, Illinois, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Montana,
Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin
all have mandatory helmet laws in part or the whole of...
Forum: Techniques March 9th 07, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Pat
Most outrageous advert claim

'Better acceleration'...for 'only' $1100....sigh

Oh. And here I thought this was going to be for one of those "natural male
enhancement" products.....
Forum: General March 9th 07, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Pat
what size of tires does a 10 speed bicycle use?

..
both of my tires have been replaced but they keep going flat.

You need to go to your local bicycle shop and cultivate a relationship with
the guys there. They will know the tires you need AND...
Forum: General March 9th 07, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 333
Posted By Pat
Best states (west of great lakes) for cycling

I am giving very serious consideration to re-locating and this is
important to me. So the questions is for those that have lived in areas
west of the Great Lakes, which states provide the best...
Forum: General March 7th 07, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 41
Posted By Pat
Versatile folding bikes: request for honest and trusted opinions

Ritchey Breakaway, not these goofy teeny wheeled bicycles.

In order to ride a Bike Friday or something similar, a person has got to be
impervious to peer pressure. If you had tried a Bike...
Forum: General March 6th 07, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 41
Posted By Pat
Five Boro Bike Ride in NYC

I am trying to figure out how to pull together a trip to New York City to
take part in this bike ride. Lodging seems to be the biggest problem,
because I don't know how to find it (near the start?...
Forum: General February 16th 07, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 93
Posted By Pat
Customer had a problem with our service

You could curl up with a good dictionary and begin researching the
meaning of "civil behavior." Also look up "sense of humor."

After a few hours of study, you may still not get it, but...
Forum: General February 16th 07, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 93
Posted By Pat
Customer had a problem with our service

I KNOW you're not playing with a full deck. Your deck has a chip on its
shoulder.
Pat in TX

That is not true; Cathy is simply reading things from a different
perspective. It simply...
Forum: General February 16th 07, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By Pat
POLL: College Bike Regs

Gals dig a folder.

Assuming you are talking about bicycles.....tell us more.

Forum: Rides February 15th 07, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 1
Posted By Pat
Hotels for riders in DC?

I'm going to be riding into Washington, DC via the C&O Canal trail, then
catching Amtrak back home. The train leaves at 4:30 PM from Union
Station. I'd like to catch a hotel and shower to...
Forum: General February 15th 07, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By Pat
POLL: College Bike Regs

"Mike A Schwab" wrote Get a nice folding bicycle with bag. Dahon is the
most popular among
the Chicago Folding Bicycle Society. Folds in 45 seconds, then bag it
and take it in. Hang in...
Forum: General February 14th 07, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By Pat
College Bike Regs

My son is shopping for a college to attend. Some years ago I visited
my brother at Brigham Young University and was astounded to see dozens of
bikes rusting at a rack in mid-winter because...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 53