Showing results 1 to 25 of 215
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: nimblelight
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 35
Posted By nimblelight
1 foot wheel walk. need tips

Rowan;1164959 wrote:
Leaning slightly forwards is the right thing to do

I would like to note that it most definitely feels like you're leaning
backwards, not only because of the drag effect in...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By nimblelight
unicyclist in tv-spot

He's fairly good, but he kept crank-grabbing things he could have
obviously just hopped onto:confused::confused::confused:

--
nimblelight

It doesn't really matter, because I am an afoodist who...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 39
Posted By nimblelight
BC Discussion Thread

madmattunipro;1163212 wrote:
For those wanting a bc with a frame and seat, why not just take an old
uni and remove the cranks, then all you have to do is weld a peg on each
side of the frame....
Forum: Unicycling January 4th 09, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 90
Posted By nimblelight
This Week I'll...(commitment thread)

uni man;1161573 wrote:
i don't no what im doing wrong but it seems that my either slips of the
crank or my heel gets stuck in the spokes. btw ive been riding for 2
years.

Get griptape and...
Forum: Unicycling January 3rd 09, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By nimblelight
15-16 year old riders - click this

Bah, I don't have to post in this thread.

Ah, too late:rolleyes:

--
nimblelight

It doesn't really matter, because I am an afoodist who unicycles for
food.
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By nimblelight
BC Wheel Rubbing on Leg when Mounting

SamGoodburn;1162948 wrote:
When ever I try to to skate mount it rubs againts my jeans so much I
cant get any where. I have plates.

Can you legwrap on a regular uni? The side/side balance...
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By nimblelight
Broken Schlumpf Crank

critter;1161637 wrote:
Mine were the 152s. I'm thinking about 150/125 combo. My guess is that
you don't like them since you got that nice collection.

I also have 114mm qu-ax cranks, 89mm...
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By nimblelight
BC Wheel Rubbing on Leg when Mounting

littleman;1162398 wrote:
Are you practicing the skate mount?

He'd better not be, if your leg is rubbing doing the skate mount
there's some nasty dismount potential with the bc acting as a lever...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By nimblelight
Broken Schlumpf Crank

skilewis74;1161529 wrote:
I didn't think they made a 165mm crank. I thought the only sizes they
made were 102, 127, 150, & 170mm.

Actually, you're right. I took a second look at my crank...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By nimblelight
09 Torker jokes

SHAY_CAM;1118129 wrote:

Torker 09 in its raw form

The philosopher's stone?

--
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11

There are very few true uni "pros" outside the performance groups. Even
Kris Holm has a second job:p

I know what you mean, though, and most of the people on this forum are
very supportive. There...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 21
Posted By nimblelight
Broken Schlumpf Crank

I like the prowheels. They're pretty much the best square taper cranks
I've ridden for pretty much anything. No GUni experience yet, though:(

They have reasonable standing room for flatland, lots...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By nimblelight
Today I... (brag thread)

I got a rolling transition into standup glide first try:)

--
nimblelight

'Front page unicycle article'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72686).
Organizing an event/club in...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By nimblelight
09 Torker jokes

knighty;1161238 wrote:
his reign of terror has begun. now praise our new leader

Yup, here's the link: 'The Great '09 Torker has Arrived'
(http://brandscycle.com/itemdetails.cfm?id=3981)

All...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By nimblelight
Happy New Year RSU!

I have one less hour than Tyler:(

--
nimblelight

'Front page unicycle article'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72686).
Organizing an event/club in Colorado or want to check for...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By nimblelight
2 weeks of snow- then blue sky

Into the blue;1160350 wrote:
Mike, as always, you make everyone on the forum insanely jealous of
where you live, you b*stard.

I'd be jealous, but I'd rather just walk out my front door.:)

--
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 911

hungry4uni;1155984 wrote:

30315

That still doesn't look like a KH street to me. It's more curved, so
I'm thinking more along the lines of a nimbus gel.
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 162
Posted By nimblelight
Flat Discussion Thread

Actually, it might hinder you a bit to start both feet on cranks when
you begin trying combos into rolling wraps, but it isn't much different
either way.

Static wraps are probably easier with both...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 162
Posted By nimblelight
Flat Discussion Thread

Just be sure do the first wrap with the back foot so you can learn
rolling wraps later. After that, it's really not so hard, I got
seatwraps consistent about as quickly as 180 unispins.

EDIT: Yes,...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By nimblelight
What does rain do to your unicycle?

The oil keeps it from oxidizing, so it stays nice and shiny!(and
reactive, ready to make some sodium oxide through displacement instead)

--
nimblelight

'Front page unicycle...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By nimblelight
Feet under pedals?

I've tried it before and it's really tricky keeping both pedals under
tension.

--
nimblelight

'Front page unicycle article'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72686).
Organizing...
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By nimblelight
What does rain do to your unicycle?

Governor;1159810 wrote:
I really don't know what the frame is made of

:p:p:p

--
nimblelight
Forum: Unicycling December 29th 08, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By nimblelight
What does rain do to your unicycle?

It depends--Is your frame made of lightly oiled sodium?

--
nimblelight

'Front page unicycle article'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72686).
Organizing an event/club in...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By nimblelight
Christmas Unicycle Competition

This year our tree was 6 inches tall and made of gingerbread. Do you
want me to put frosting on my uni? It's a bit hard and dry now so I
don't think it would work very well.

--...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By nimblelight
Today I... (brag thread)

I failed miserably at backflips but got much better at tucking
frontflips and can now sorta land on my heels(non uni)

I also got a rolling wrap to crankroll:rolleyes:

--
nimblelight

'Front page...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 215