Showing results 1 to 25 of 80
Search took 0.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pdougherty
Forum: Unicycling May 16th 08, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Pdougherty
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

well, I was riding yesterday and one girl said that what I was doing was
the "most awesome" thing she had ever seen.

And later on I was riding a few telephone poles that were put on their
side and...
Forum: Unicycling March 19th 08, 11:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By Pdougherty
Today I... (brag thread)

Ducttape wrote:
I would guess you fell.... learn to idle... then when someone sticks
something in your wheel you can idle and not fall off and maybe even
idle and shift sideways until the...
Forum: Unicycling March 19th 08, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By Pdougherty
Today I... (brag thread)

tistom wrote:
Today I got my first 'wheres the other wheel' comment. But it vexed me
because one of them (the three 11 year old girls) tried to knock me of
my unicycle.:(

I hate when they...
Forum: Unicycling March 18th 08, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
n36
Posted By Pdougherty
n36

Most likely they will be back in stock the same time the nightriders
come back and UDC says they are expected to be available again end of
March. not sure of a specific date but that's what they had...
Forum: Unicycling March 17th 08, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,562
Posted By Pdougherty
Today I... (brag thread)

today i actually worked on rolling hops rather than just attempting to
do them and after some time I got fairly comfortabel with them.

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 14th 08, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By Pdougherty
Cool picture from today ^_^

UniDudeDX wrote:
whats that suposed to mean?

It's his picture that was taken today that he would like to share with
unicyclist. not a post your cool pictures from today thread.

--
Forum: Unicycling March 13th 08, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 840

Nimbusnut wrote:
Too bad she's too short to reach the pedals.

Is that camouflage? That's awesome. How did you do it?

This thread has digressed....
Forum: Unicycling March 13th 08, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Pdougherty
is a 16 to small

I'd say go with a 20 inch because I had no problem riding a 20 inch when
I was smaller than 5 feet. You may need to cut the seatpost down but
that's all.

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 11th 08, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 77
Posted By Pdougherty
I'm thinking of giving up.

Divebomber wrote:
I tend to have a stop and go motion, rarely smooth. I usually fall with
the unicycle going behind me.

Glad you understood what I was trying to say. Definitely work...
Forum: Unicycling March 11th 08, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 77
Posted By Pdougherty
I'm thinking of giving up.

one other little piece of advice.

When pedaling, try to pedal in a smooth, certainly the key word is
smooth, motion. What i mean by that is, the pedaling "stroke" if you
will, should have no highs...
Forum: Unicycling March 10th 08, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Pdougherty
Got Last Nimbus Trials 20"

I'm about 5 foot 4 and ride with a 300mm seat post so it may be fine for
you. But if it is too big, just cut it down.

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 10th 08, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 77
Posted By Pdougherty
I'm thinking of giving up.

Don't give up!!!!! If you're using a railing, it's a possibility that
you are too dependent on that railing and have a "death grip" on it
while riding, try to either, ride totally independent of the...
Forum: Unicycling March 10th 08, 11:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Pdougherty
Can learning on old, crappy unicycle to start be counterproductive?

gkmac wrote:
Yes...

- attached to bearings which could either be super smooth turning,
or rather resistive.
- mounted with cranks that could be solid, or wobbly.
- driven by...
Forum: Unicycling March 10th 08, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 49
Posted By Pdougherty
60 cm sidehop competition!

Even though there is a winner I'm still game to accomplish 60cm.

--
Pdougherty
Pdougherty's Profile:...

I hope when the night riders come back they don't go that fast.

--
Pdougherty
Pdougherty's Profile:...
Replies: 14
Posted By Pdougherty
Can learning on old, crappy unicycle to start be counterproductive?

A wheel is a wheel....Isn't it?

--
Pdougherty
Pdougherty's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16060

I need to get crankflips.

--
Pdougherty
Pdougherty's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16060
View this thread:...
Forum: Unicycling March 6th 08, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Pdougherty
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Lately I have really been wanting that comment. I used to get it all the
time but I didn't have the guts to say something like "nah, I just push
it around to look cool." so I would like to give them...
Forum: Unicycling March 6th 08, 12:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Pdougherty
New cranks loosen every 5 minutes?

kington99 wrote:
That refers to the pedal thread, not the thread on the crank bolt.

oh ok. Sorry about that

--
Pdougherty
Forum: Unicycling March 6th 08, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By Pdougherty
New cranks loosen every 5 minutes?

I was reading information off a piece of paper that came with my
unicycle recently and it said that the left crank is a counter
clockwise thread. Would that do anything for you...

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 6th 08, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2,626
Posted By Pdougherty
Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Well, I was at a robotics competition over the weekend. (check the FIRST
robotics thread)

so I was riding around and a group of kids behind me said something
rather loudly behind me that went like...
Forum: Unicycling March 6th 08, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Pdougherty
which hand to hold the saddle? trials riders mostly

For me it's left foot forward while holding the saddle with my right
hand. whether SI or SIF i've never been comfortable with my right foot
forward.

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 5th 08, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Pdougherty
Do you raise your seat when SIF hopping

Nope. Just kept it where it always was...

--
Pdougherty
Pdougherty's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16060
View...
Forum: Unicycling March 3rd 08, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Pdougherty
nightriders out of stock

I noticed that today also.

--
Pdougherty
Pdougherty's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16060
View this thread:...
Forum: Unicycling February 28th 08, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By Pdougherty
To upgrade or not to upgrade??? (my cranks)

I'm riding the stock 125's on my nimbus trials at the moment. when I
upgrade to moments I'm not sure if I'm going to go with 137's or 125's
because I ride about half a mile just to get to where I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 80