Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 8.71 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: raamman
Forum: Techniques June 2nd 13, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By raamman
Effect of doping on 1 hour time trial

On Jun 2, 2:05*am, Dan O wrote:
On Jun 1, 10:53 pm, Dan O wrote:

On Jun 1, 10:44 pm, Dan O wrote:

On Jun...
Forum: Techniques May 15th 13, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 42
Posted By raamman
Towards a zero maintenance bike

On May 14, 5:39*pm, Andre Jute wrote:
On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:13:53 PM UTC+1, davethedave wrote:
However I'd take a derailleur system on my next bike. The...
Forum: Techniques May 14th 13, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By raamman
Actual Tech: Quick Links

On May 14, 1:22*am, Jay Beattie wrote:
On May 13, 6:46*pm, raamman wrote:

On May 11, 11:15*am, Jay Beattie wrote:

Forum: Techniques May 14th 13, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By raamman
Actual Tech: Quick Links

On May 11, 11:15*am, Jay Beattie wrote:
For some unknown reason, I bought a Shimano chain. *What a pain in the
ass with the single-use pin. *I assume there is an...
Forum: Racing May 14th 13, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By raamman
Lance – The real scandal

On May 13, 11:04*am, steve wrote:
It seems to me that the real scandal is not that Lance doped but that
none of the leaders of WADA, UCI or any other organization involved...
Forum: Techniques May 5th 13, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 175
Posted By raamman
IS CYCLING SAFE? by Andre Jute

life itself is not safe, make the most out of it while you can
Forum: Techniques April 20th 13, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By raamman
Measuring Loaded Rim Height - Unassisted?

On Apr 19, 7:33*pm, Dan O wrote:
On Apr 19, 9:40 am, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:

I going to try getting serious about the 15% rule: where a tire is
Forum: Racing April 16th 13, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By raamman
Levi Leipheimer

On Apr 16, 2:24*am, Randall wrote:

I was reading Levi's affadavit and was unaware just how extensive his
doping past was. Levi deserves to be shunned from the sport....
Forum: Racing April 14th 13, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 12
Posted By raamman
now I understand...

On Apr 14, 11:31*am, Cicero_Venatio wrote:
On 4/14/2013 6:11 AM, Randall wrote: Yes it's quite sad that Lance played the cycling this joke on the
cycling community for...
Forum: Racing April 14th 13, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By raamman
Levi Leipheimer

On Apr 13, 2:29*am, Randall wrote:
I am surprised that Levi haa not been hired by another team yet. Levi is still a great rider and would make good lt or a domestique at...
Forum: Techniques March 31st 13, 08:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By raamman
Really Weird Bicycle.

On Mar 30, 9:56*am, Ningi wrote:
On 30/03/2013 04:12, raamman wrote:

On Mar 29, 9:53 pm, Ningi wrote:

I...
Forum: Techniques March 30th 13, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By raamman
Really Weird Bicycle.

On Mar 29, 9:53*pm, Ningi wrote:

I was referring to Obree's world record attempt bike which looks ideally
suited for its purpose.

Pete-

why head...
Forum: Techniques March 29th 13, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By raamman
Really Weird Bicycle.

On Mar 29, 1:28*pm, Phil W Lee wrote:
Ningi considered Fri, 29 Mar 2013
16:36:51 +0000 the perfect time to write:

On...
Forum: Techniques March 29th 13, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By raamman
Really Weird Bicycle.

On Mar 28, 11:16*am, Ningi wrote:
On 28/03/2013 02:05, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

I think this would be uncomfortable to ride for any length of time. I a;so...
Forum: Techniques March 29th 13, 05:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By raamman
Really Weird Bicycle.

On Mar 27, 11:38*pm, Dan Becker wrote:
On 3/27/2013 9:05 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

I a;so
wonder how the rider can see what's ahead when his head is down on the...
Forum: Techniques February 16th 13, 06:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By raamman
Mayberry Police Blotter

On Feb 16, 12:07*am, Dan O wrote:
The local newspaper disappeared some months ago, but I still look for
it every time on my way out of the store, and tonight, there on...
Forum: Techniques February 12th 13, 10:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By raamman
Fixed Gear + One Wheel + Mountain = Fun Rides?

On Feb 9, 5:23*pm, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Just came across these.

Interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUZuyMVdVcc&feature=player_embedded#!

Forum: Techniques February 5th 13, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 54
Posted By raamman
What happened here

On Feb 5, 2:30*pm, Phil W Lee wrote:

My father had a similar experience.
It seems that wheels depart the vehicle at least as often as a result
of overtightening as...
Forum: Racing January 25th 13, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By raamman
Happy Belated Birtday, Jan 20. 2013

On Jan 24, 10:40*pm, Davey Crockett wrote:
JOSEF FISCHERhttp://cyclinghalloffame.com/riders/pics/fischer_j%20medium.jpg

Josef Fischer was born on this date in 1865. He...
Forum: Racing January 23rd 13, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By raamman
So What are thaey gonna do with Lance's 7 non WINS

On Jan 22, 11:42*am, Fred Flintstein
wrote:
On 1/21/2013 8:37 PM, Phil wrote:

* I mean what will the history books show? Just a big gap for those 7 years...
Forum: Racing January 22nd 13, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By raamman
So What are thaey gonna do with Lance's 7 non WINS

On Jan 21, 9:37*pm, Phil wrote:
*I mean what will the history books show? Just a big gap for those 7 years almost as if the tour was not run? They really cant show that Lance...
Forum: Racing January 21st 13, 07:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 5
Posted By raamman
Says it all really

On Jan 20, 4:47*pm, atriage wrote:
In the autumn of 1993, Greg LeMond and his wife, Kathy, were sitting at
home in the suburbs of Minneapolis, when they received a visit from
Forum: Techniques January 21st 13, 07:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 54
Posted By raamman
ARMSTRONG

On Jan 20, 10:31*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:

I remember reading that the "legal" limit for hematocrit is or was
50%. *And the one time I asked my doctor for all the details...
Forum: Techniques January 20th 13, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 54
Posted By raamman
ARMSTRONG

On Jan 20, 7:03*am, J.B.Slocomb wrote:

What I find interesting is that although the Drug Tsars stated several
times that he was a doper they never brought him to trial...
Forum: Techniques January 20th 13, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 54
Posted By raamman
ARMSTRONG

On Jan 19, 7:33*pm, "Tom $herman"
wrote:

It seems for now that the UCI is not naming new TdF winners. *Certainly
some of the second place finishers (e.g. Jan...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500