Showing results 1 to 25 of 286
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: p.k.
Forum: UK August 30th 07, 01:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 45
Posted By p.k.
More leniency on motorists

David Hansen wrote:

The maximum for this crime was put up to ten years some time ago. I
have a vague impression that it has been raised again BICBW.

details...
Forum: UK August 30th 07, 11:06 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 45
Posted By p.k.
More leniency on motorists

cupra wrote:
Tom Crispin wrote:
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:00:06 +0100, " cupra"
wrote:

I'm also in favour of driving licence bans for crimes and
Forum: UK August 26th 07, 04:54 PM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1,086
Posted By p.k.
Criminals on TV

ŽiŠardo wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 19:41:56 +0100, Conor
said in :

Have you ever looked at...
Forum: UK August 24th 07, 02:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By p.k.
Where are those statistics?

Mark T wrote:
believe the per hour data swaps the two around.

Per hour: the average cyclist risk is about 2.3 times the average pedestrian
risk

pk
Forum: UK August 23rd 07, 05:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 33
Posted By p.k.
A case for pedestrian helmets?

Ace wrote:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:40:24 +0100, "p.k."
wrote:

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

What physical measure do you suggest?

in many of the villages...
Forum: UK August 23rd 07, 04:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 33
Posted By p.k.
A case for pedestrian helmets?

David Hansen wrote:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:46:49 +0100 someone who may be Paul Boyd
usenet.is.worse@plusnet wrote this:-

From the BBC website:

Forum: UK August 23rd 07, 04:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

What physical measure do you suggest?

in many of the villages we drove through in France a few weeks ago, there
was:

# decorative planting by the roadside

# a...
Forum: UK August 23rd 07, 04:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 33
Posted By p.k.
Should have used a car!

Matt B" "matt.bourke wrote:

Was he impartial? Can you give us more details - a news report
perhaps. Was a sausage involved?

no but the car was an old banger

er, I'll get mi coat!
Forum: UK August 20th 07, 04:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
c2c
Posted By p.k.
c2c

wrote:

Thanks for the reassurance, but I still feel a bit worried. It's a
blow out from overheating that bothers me - really don't fancy that
happening on the front...
Forum: UK July 25th 07, 03:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By p.k.
Another wire at neck height

Ace wrote:
Are you trying to argue that stretching a wire at neck-height across a
cyclepath could _not_ be deemed as intention to do serious harm?

Deeming is not the name of the game - the game...
Forum: UK July 25th 07, 12:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By p.k.
Another wire at neck height

Ace wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:44:10 +0100, "p.k."
wrote:

Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , Nigel
Forum: UK July 25th 07, 11:44 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By p.k.
Another wire at neck height

Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , Nigel
') wrote:

Beacause it's harder to prove. if the charge is GBH then the harm...
Forum: UK July 25th 07, 08:39 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By p.k.
Another wire at neck height

Ace wrote:
murder.

If I intend to cause someone GBH and kill them, it is murder. If I
only succeed in GBH it is GBH not murder!

But why not attempted murder? Still seems to me that it...
Forum: UK July 25th 07, 12:10 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By p.k.
Another wire at neck height

Martin Dann wrote:
p.k. wrote:
Simon Brooke wrote:
I think that's right. It's reckless behaviour which might reasonably
be expected to kill. If it did kill it would be murder. So if...
Forum: UK July 24th 07, 10:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 31
Posted By p.k.
Another wire at neck height

Simon Brooke wrote:
I think that's right. It's reckless behaviour which might reasonably
be expected to kill. If it did kill it would be murder. So if it
doesn't, attempted murder looks like...
Forum: UK July 24th 07, 10:10 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By p.k.
Rim Failure

wrote:
..

Didn't cause a problem with a back wheel, I find the prospect of the
same thing happening with a front wheel rather scary.

Back wheel would be eqaully scary...
Forum: UK July 24th 07, 08:31 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 39
Posted By p.k.
Rim Failure

Noel wrote:

It all looked rather weird so I yanked the wheel backwards to free it
and get a better look but when I did that the top half of the rim
itself started peeling and curling away! I...
Forum: UK July 19th 07, 01:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 49
Posted By p.k.
How dangerous are rabbits?

Marc Brett wrote:
Richond Park has a perticularly wonderful downhill bordered by
rabbit-infested bracken on either side. When our daughter was
bike-seat-sized, I whizzed down it, and of course...
Forum: UK July 17th 07, 06:18 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By p.k.
Solicitors - recommendations appreciated

David Lloyd wrote:
Came off my bike on Thursday evening, on a quiet country lane which
had judt been resurfaced by a loose coating off small gravel
chippings applied to thin liquid asphalt. A...
Forum: UK July 5th 07, 08:32 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 184
Posted By p.k.
What would it take for the Police take action.

Trevor A Panther wrote:

I am not a rabid anti motorist -- after all I drive a car ( less and
less every year) but it is not just the dangerous driver but the
thoughtless, "I didn't see you"...
Forum: UK July 1st 07, 05:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 97
Posted By p.k.
Rhyl verdict out

p.k. wrote:
Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , p.k.
') wrote:

JNugent wrote:
I have to admit to some surprise that...
Forum: UK July 1st 07, 04:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 97
Posted By p.k.
Rhyl verdict out

Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , p.k.
') wrote:

JNugent wrote:
I have to admit to some surprise that the experts...
Forum: UK July 1st 07, 12:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 97
Posted By p.k.
Rhyl verdict out

JNugent wrote:
I have to admit to some surprise that the experts concluded what they
did conclude - because it's instinctively counter-intuitive and I
claim no expertise in the detail of such...
Forum: UK July 1st 07, 12:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 97
Posted By p.k.
Rhyl verdict out

Simon Brooke wrote:

Exactly. Three bald tyres.

The fact that others has skidded at the same position on the same day
would seem to suggest that the *any* test would fail.

How many of...
Forum: UK July 1st 07, 01:40 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 97
Posted By p.k.
Rhyl verdict out

Simon Brooke wrote:

Not at all. Manslaughter does not require any intention, merely gross
negligence. This case was gross negligence.

From the CPS web site:

###
GROSS NEGLIGENCE...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 286