Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.91 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: pmhilton
Forum: Recumbent Biking November 1st 06, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.backcountry,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 18
Posted By pmhilton
NGM is: Real Names vs. User Names

Eugene Miya wrote:
me to time makes for a more interesting group.

That's a rather boring passive way to look at news groups.
That's said by a person who has no concept of what a moderated...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 31st 06, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 13
Posted By pmhilton
MTB plug on NPR this morning

S Curtiss wrote:
"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

Did you say something?

This is as close to a rhetorical question as MV can get; the usual and
apparent rhetorical...
Forum: Social Issues October 31st 06, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 11
Posted By pmhilton
MTB plug on NPR this morning

S Curtiss wrote:
"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

Did you say something?

This is as close to a rhetorical question as MV can get; the usual and
apparent rhetorical...
Forum: Social Issues October 27th 06, 02:36 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 24
Posted By pmhilton
Equal Access to Our Parks

Jeff Strickland wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

At least I said something. You said NOTHING.

Forum: Mountain Biking October 27th 06, 02:36 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 30
Posted By pmhilton
Equal Access to Our Parks

Jeff Strickland wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

At least I said something. You said NOTHING.

Forum: Mountain Biking October 25th 06, 02:19 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 98
Posted By pmhilton
Mountain Bikers Destroy Rainforest Area as Large as a FootballField!

Roberto Baggio wrote:
I had to reply to this again, after perusing some of your other posts.

The time-honored track record will bear out that you are attempting
rational discourse with an...
Forum: Social Issues October 25th 06, 02:19 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 87

Roberto Baggio wrote:
I had to reply to this again, after perusing some of your other posts.

The time-honored track record will bear out that you are attempting
rational discourse with an...
Forum: Social Issues October 24th 06, 02:42 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 24
Posted By pmhilton
Equal Access to Our Parks

Jeff Strickland wrote:

When I first asked if you were stupid, it was a rhetorical question.
Now, it sounds like a silly question.

I don't need to explain "rhetorical", do I?

Forum: Mountain Biking October 24th 06, 02:42 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 30
Posted By pmhilton
Equal Access to Our Parks

Jeff Strickland wrote:

When I first asked if you were stupid, it was a rhetorical question.
Now, it sounds like a silly question.

I don't need to explain "rhetorical", do I?

Forum: Mountain Biking October 24th 06, 01:18 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 30
Posted By pmhilton
Equal Access to Our Parks

jason wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:

Show me or shut up, LIAR.

Forum: Social Issues October 24th 06, 01:18 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 24
Posted By pmhilton
Equal Access to Our Parks

jason wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:

Show me or shut up, LIAR.

Forum: Social Issues October 8th 06, 03:03 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 34
Posted By pmhilton
Mountain bikers are out to "experience nature"? Not on your life!

wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:

Bicycles are a wonderful invention, and completely appropriate
transportation tools on paved roads, which is where they should...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 8th 06, 03:03 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 35

wrote:
Mike Vandeman wrote:

Bicycles are a wonderful invention, and completely appropriate
transportation tools on paved roads, which is where they should...
Forum: Social Issues September 12th 06, 10:04 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 79
Posted By pmhilton
58-year-old Dies while Mountain Biking!

Fole Haafstra wrote:

You also express no human decency, compassion, or respect in such matters.

He expresses none because he apparently has none. This level of callous
brutality - even...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 12th 06, 10:04 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 114

Fole Haafstra wrote:

You also express no human decency, compassion, or respect in such matters.

He expresses none because he apparently has none. This level of callous
brutality - even...
Forum: Social Issues September 8th 06, 07:02 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 79
Posted By pmhilton
58-year-old Dies while Mountain Biking!

John Everett wrote:

Dear PH:

Haven't you realized yet that arguing with idiots is pointless?

Yep. Attempting rational discourse with an irrational being is
Forum: Mountain Biking September 8th 06, 07:02 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

John Everett wrote:

Dear PH:

Haven't you realized yet that arguing with idiots is pointless?

Yep. Attempting rational discourse with an irrational being is
Forum: Social Issues September 4th 06, 07:25 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 79
Posted By pmhilton
58-year-old Dies while Mountain Biking!

Mike Vandeman wrote:

But it didn't. He didn't die from running marathons. He died from
MOUNTAIN BIKING. Face the facts!

Even though he died DURING mountain biking, there is no proof that he...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 4th 06, 07:25 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

Mike Vandeman wrote:

But it didn't. He didn't die from running marathons. He died from
MOUNTAIN BIKING. Face the facts!

Even though he died DURING mountain biking, there is no proof that he...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 4th 06, 07:21 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 114
Posted By pmhilton
58-year-old Dies while Mountain Biking!

Mike Vandeman wrote:
It's OBVIOUS!

Your opinion that a given conclusion is obvious is very nearly worthless
as an assumption uless some form of mental rigor is brought to bear. In
this...
Forum: Social Issues September 4th 06, 07:21 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

Mike Vandeman wrote:
It's OBVIOUS!

Your opinion that a given conclusion is obvious is very nearly worthless
as an assumption uless some form of mental rigor is brought to bear. In
this...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 4th 06, 02:34 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 114
Posted By pmhilton
58-year-old Dies while Mountain Biking!

Artoi wrote:
In article ,
Mike Vandeman wrote:

More evidence that mountain biking's alleged "health benefits"...
Forum: Social Issues September 4th 06, 02:34 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 79
Posted By pmhilton
58-year-old Dies while Mountain Biking!

Artoi wrote:
In article ,
Mike Vandeman wrote:

More evidence that mountain biking's alleged "health benefits"...
Forum: Social Issues September 4th 06, 02:27 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Replies: 21
Posted By pmhilton
The Myth of the Sustainable Lifestyle

Mike Vandeman wrote:
living things are part of the world.

That's the first intelligent thing you've said in years!

Then you ignore or blithely sidestep the next, inevitable stage.

All living...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 4th 06, 02:27 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment