Showing results 1 to 25 of 85
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Beej Jorgensen
Forum: Mountain Biking September 8th 09, 05:41 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
Another Mountain Biker in a Coma!

Mike Vandeman wrote:
Meanwhile, the "fun" sport of mountain biking continues unabated....

That must be a bit of a bummer, given how much energy you've put into
it. Have...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 2nd 09, 06:38 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 4
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
FATAL: Yakima man dies in mountain biking mishap

Mike Vandeman wrote:
Would that make a difference?

It would only make a difference if you were primarily interested in
preventing mountain biking accidents.

-Beej
Forum: Mountain Biking August 3rd 09, 04:35 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 6
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
Introduction

Mike Vandeman wrote:
Why are all mountain bikers called "avid"? Can't you guys think of any
other adjectives, maybe more honest, like "stupid", or "addicted", or
"brain...
Forum: Mountain Biking May 26th 09, 09:20 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 4
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
Shocking Ride

Mike wrote:
I looked around real quick and found I was riding under some high
voltage power lines ( 49°28'10.71"N 7°37'12.80"E).

It's absolutely possible to charge...
Forum: Mountain Biking May 8th 09, 07:24 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
RR: Tilden Park

Yesterday I decided I should get up off my lazy butt and ride for a
change (I'd only been hiking a few times a week.) So I kicked the tires
and wiped the dust off the seat, and away I went up to...
Forum: Mountain Biking April 26th 09, 07:15 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 5
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
Equal Access to Our Parks

Mike Vandeman wrote:
I am very concerned about the arbitrary and discriminatory
management of Oakland's parks. I like to practice bulldozer racing
(also known as "bulldozer...
Forum: Mountain Biking April 23rd 09, 06:04 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 11
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
Replacing Front Forks - Recommendations?

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:33:13 -0700 (PDT), Mike
What's that old saying -- "Those who can't - teach."

BS.

I like teaching, but...
Forum: Mountain Biking April 22nd 09, 08:45 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 11
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
Replacing Front Forks - Recommendations?

Mike Vandeman wrote:
Then why am I allowed to teach computer science? Idiot.

Where do you teach, Mike?

-Beej
Forum: Mountain Biking April 3rd 09, 04:15 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 15
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
Deforestation a real problem that cowards shy away from.

Mike Vandeman wrote:
All dead trees, of course. Idiot.

This is better than TV. Mike, you're definitely on my list of
"characters to put in a sitcom".

-Beej
Forum: Mountain Biking March 31st 09, 05:28 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 15
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
Deforestation a real problem that cowards shy away from.

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 15:36:48 -0700 (PDT), Kayak44
wrote:
Anyhow, no mountain-bike trail has had any impact on global...
Forum: Mountain Biking March 31st 09, 03:44 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 8
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
Mountain Biker Goes Missing In Desert

Kayak44 wrote:
On Mar 30, 8:07*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Evolution in action....

How is some guy getting lost and then found "evolution in...
Forum: Mountain Biking March 26th 09, 06:00 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 7
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
Mountain Biker Breaks Into Car

Opus wrote:
I don't ride more in town is people in cars that vary from usually
nice (about 50%) to stupid and/or ignorant (about 30 maybe 40%)

In my town it seems like 80%...
Forum: Mountain Biking March 22nd 09, 10:23 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 3
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
"The Inner Circle Conglomerate Of Poaching Cyclists"

Mike Vandeman wrote:
And I didn't even have to make it up myself!

Well, it is Sunday, the day of rest.

-Beej
Forum: Mountain Biking March 21st 09, 08:52 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 22
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
"An Amazing[ly Stupid] Mountain Biker Is Dead"

wrote:
You left out the rationale for the other 17%.

They just happened to accidentally obey the law in front of the
observers. The minute they got around the corner, they...
Forum: Mountain Biking March 20th 09, 04:15 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 19
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
Mountain Biker Robs a Bank

Mike Vandeman wrote:
No surprize there. Breaking the law is commonplace for mountain
bikers.

They really need to stop putting banks on the Pacific Crest Trail!

-Beej
Forum: Mountain Biking March 19th 09, 07:57 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 71
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
ANOTHER Dead Mountain Biker

Mike Vandeman wrote:
If you had bothered to look at it, you would have known that I worked
to stop highway construction, probably while you were (1) in diapers
or (2)...
Forum: Mountain Biking March 19th 09, 07:56 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 1
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
Mountain Bikes Continue to Decline in Sales

Mike Vandeman wrote:
One of the more interesting stories is that a man named Craig Calfee,

Wow, Mike--that is an uncharacteristically friendly post. Well done.
It is a...
Forum: Mountain Biking March 8th 09, 09:06 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 22
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
"An Amazing[ly Stupid] Mountain Biker Is Dead"

Mike Vandeman wrote:
Beej Jorgensen
Thank God you're not on my side, Mike.

I AM on your side.

It's funny that you're right, but in a quite ironic...
Forum: Mountain Biking March 8th 09, 02:33 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 22
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
"An Amazing[ly Stupid] Mountain Biker Is Dead"

Mike Vandeman wrote:
Evolution at work....
An Amazing Mountain Biker Is Dead
[...]Four days later he was found hanged by a bedsheet in his cell.

Thank God you're not on my...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 17th 09, 08:34 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 8
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
How Mountain Bikers Treat Other Trail Users

Mike Vandeman wrote:
wrote:
Do you think equestrians (that are riding horses) should be allowed
where they were riding when they came across the...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 17th 09, 05:14 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 8
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
How Mountain Bikers Treat Other Trail Users

Mike Vandeman wrote:
I was not aware bikes were on these trails and didn't see any signs to
tell me that.....first bike that popped around the corner spooked my
normally...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 9th 09, 09:27 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 50
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
How the Typical Environmentalist Treats Horses Damaging Trails

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 03:26:44 -0800 (PST), Kayak44 wrote:
Maybe we should also restore polio while we're at it.

Yes, of course. But humans are too...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 9th 09, 09:25 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 12
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
Why Do Mountain Bikers ALWAYS Lie?

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 18:08:02 +0000 (UTC), Beej Jorgensen
You weren't calling him a liar because he disagreed with you.

Only because he...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 6th 09, 06:08 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 12
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
Why Do Mountain Bikers ALWAYS Lie?

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 06:01:15 +0000 (UTC), Beej Jorgensen
wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
Calling anyone that...
Forum: Mountain Biking February 6th 09, 06:01 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 12
Posted By Beej Jorgensen
Why Do Mountain Bikers ALWAYS Lie?

Mike Vandeman wrote:
Calling anyone that disagrees with you on the facts a liar

I have never done that. [...] So that makes YOU a liar.

Well, unless he agrees with you on...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 85