Showing results 1 to 25 of 407
Search took 0.98 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike Kruger
Forum: Social Issues November 13th 07, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,chi.general
Replies: 22
Posted By Mike Kruger
Roll the Tollway (Illinois)

Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:

Did they stop you at the far end as well? The troopers stopped us
for about 15 minutes at U.S. 6 ramp and then let us go again never
saying why we were...
Forum: General November 13th 07, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,chi.general
Replies: 22
Posted By Mike Kruger
Roll the Tollway (Illinois)

Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:

Did they stop you at the far end as well? The troopers stopped us
for about 15 minutes at U.S. 6 ramp and then let us go again never
saying why we were...
Forum: Rides November 13th 07, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc,chi.general
Replies: 22
Posted By Mike Kruger
Roll the Tollway (Illinois)

Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:

Did they stop you at the far end as well? The troopers stopped us
for about 15 minutes at U.S. 6 ramp and then let us go again never
saying why we were...
Forum: Rides November 12th 07, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 22
Posted By Mike Kruger
Roll the Tollway (Illinois)

Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:
http://pages.ripco.net/~jwn/tmp/rollthetollway.jpg showed that my
Garmin Topo map software is more than a little out of date... I
bought it 2 years ago max and...
Forum: Social Issues November 12th 07, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 22
Posted By Mike Kruger
Roll the Tollway (Illinois)

Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:
http://pages.ripco.net/~jwn/tmp/rollthetollway.jpg showed that my
Garmin Topo map software is more than a little out of date... I
bought it 2 years ago max and...
Forum: General November 12th 07, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 22
Posted By Mike Kruger
Roll the Tollway (Illinois)

Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:
http://pages.ripco.net/~jwn/tmp/rollthetollway.jpg showed that my
Garmin Topo map software is more than a little out of date... I
bought it 2 years ago max and...
Forum: General November 9th 07, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By Mike Kruger
Mass Chaos and Confusion TdH Stage Three

wrote:

Having just earned myself the right to sit in a com car I'm not going
to jeopardize that right by trying to figure out what I can and cannot
write...
Forum: General November 7th 07, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 54
Posted By Mike Kruger
Performance's response

landotter wrote:
On Nov 6, 1:22 pm, Ozark Bicycle
wrote:
On Nov 6, 12:31 pm, DennisTheBald wrote:

On Nov 5, 3:11 pm,...
Forum: General November 6th 07, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike Kruger
Karma Cycle

Brian Huntley wrote:
On Nov 5, 12:41 am, Zoot Katz wrote:

Seeing a forsaken bicycle reunited with the person who loved it first
gladdened my spirit. I felt blessed...
Forum: Rides November 5th 07, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike Kruger
Planning for 2008 bike season kick off

René Auger wrote:
I live in canada, province of quebec, near Montréal, and would like to
streach the duration of my biking season.

I would like to begin early, say first pedal strokes in...
Forum: General November 3rd 07, 01:29 PM Posted to alt.fan.cecil-adams,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 376
Posted By Mike Kruger
Fat people? Less gas!

DougC wrote:

I have read in one print magazine that the cause of obesity in most
first-world countries is not usually lack of exercise, but an
imbalanced diet. Many of the persons studied...
Forum: General November 3rd 07, 02:49 AM Posted to alt.fan.cecil-adams,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 376
Posted By Mike Kruger
Fat people? Less gas!

wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
Mike Kruger wrote:
According to a study by Charles Courtemanche, an additional $1 per
gallon in real...
Forum: General November 3rd 07, 12:56 AM Posted to alt.fan.cecil-adams,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 376
Posted By Mike Kruger
Fat people? Less gas!

According to a study by Charles Courtemanche, an additional $1 per gallon in
real gasoline prices would reduce U.S. obesity by 15 percent after five...
Forum: General November 1st 07, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Kruger
New Helmet Mount Lamp Design

"SMS ???. ?" wrote in message
For an inexpensive helmet lamp, buy an 12 volt, 25 watt RV light bulb at
Home Depot...
Forum: General October 28th 07, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Kruger
Nationwide bike tour club?

wrote:
A couple years ago, while looking for a tour to do, I came across a
website that was apparently some sort of a nationwide bike club that
did a couple dozen tours...
Forum: General October 27th 07, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike Kruger
Former Quarterback Invents New Helmet

A former college quarterback has invented a football helmet with a radical
new design.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/27/sports/football/27helmets.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&th&emc=th

'Rather than...
Forum: General October 26th 07, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By Mike Kruger
Rain Jacket removal survey

Claire wrote:
Can you remove a rain jacket while riding?

D. I can not remove a rain jacket while riding

Never tried, and don't intend to.
Forum: General October 25th 07, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 42
Posted By Mike Kruger
NYT article on Paris rent-a-bike program

Bob wrote:
On Oct 22, 10:43 pm, "Mike Kruger" wrote:

Thanks, Bob. Yes, my tax reference was purely local. I'm letting you
and B.S. deal with national...
Forum: General October 25th 07, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike Kruger
Cassette Quality

Jorg Lueke wrote:
Recently I measured my chain and at 10 links it was 10 3/32" so I
decided to replace it. After doing this it slips on gears 6,7
obviously they were impacted by the stretched...
Forum: General October 23rd 07, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 42
Posted By Mike Kruger
NYT article on Paris rent-a-bike program

Bob wrote:
On Oct 21, 10:00 pm, wrote:
Mike Kruger writes:

Forum: General October 21st 07, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 42
Posted By Mike Kruger
NYT article on Paris rent-a-bike program

Tom Sherman wrote:
landotter? wrote:
On Oct 21, 11:18 am, "Mike Kruger" wrote:

Yes, winter will be a good testing ground for this social
experiment. I...
Forum: General October 21st 07, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike Kruger
log diameter jumpted

ilaboo wrote:
any idea on the largest diameter log that i can go over?--full
suspension mtb trek y26--6 inches is largest log sofar but want to
try larger--67 years old so i dont want to break...
Forum: General October 21st 07, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 42
Posted By Mike Kruger
NYT article on Paris rent-a-bike program

http://travel.nytimes.com/2007/10/14/travel/14Journeys.html?ei=5087&en=a06dc28897b8e4d8&ex=1208145600&adxnnl=1&mkt=travelphoto&adxnnlx=1192982431-MnPlkkHWtqmfIz9SisrR3A

Notable is this: " installed...
Forum: General October 20th 07, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By Mike Kruger
How to add more stuff to handlebars---one approach

Tom Sherman wrote:
SMS aka Steven M. Scharf wrote:
I found this photo on-line and thought that it was an interesting
approach: "http://www.billcotton.com/Ikea%20light.jpg"

Where is the...
Forum: General October 20th 07, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 64
Posted By Mike Kruger
3W Cree LED Flashlight from Lowe's

still me wrote:
On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 06:44:26 -0500, Tom Sherman
wrote:

stillme,
I think that some posters to this thread are talking about upright
bicycles,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 407