Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter Howard[_4_]
Forum: Techniques December 1st 13, 06:54 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
Chainline and pedal alignment for old Cannondale

User Bp wrote:
John B. wrote:

Bottom bracket "brackets"? You mean the cups? If so you can't switch
them. One is R.H. thread the other L.H.

Well, not quite. It's...
Forum: Techniques November 26th 13, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
Chainline and pedal alignment for old Cannondale

User Bp wrote:
My old Cannondale AA series bike needed a new drivetrain (rings,
cogs, chain and maybe derailers). There's nothing discernibly
wrong with the frame and other components, so it's...
Forum: Techniques November 22nd 13, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
The Force Strikes Back

James wrote:
On 22/11/13 08:18, Phil W Lee wrote:
"Peter Howard" considered Thu, 21 Nov 2013
10:30:39 +1000 the perfect time to write:

Forum: Techniques November 21st 13, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 22
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
Glasses and Rain

davethedave wrote:
As Mr Jay Beattie mentioned somewhere up there ?

"with the rain on my glasses and on-coming head lights, I can't see a
f****** thing on my way home from work."

Being a...
Forum: Techniques November 21st 13, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
The Force Strikes Back

http://www.news.com.au/national/police-officer-investigated-after-being-filmed-swearing-at-man/story-fncynjr2-1226764953026

With video. Cyclist gets pinged for not wearing a helmet. Invites police...
Forum: Techniques November 20th 13, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
My Handlebars Dissolved

Jay Beattie wrote:
On Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:40:57 PM UTC-8, Phil W Lee wrote:
Jay Beattie considered Tue, 19 Nov 2013

07:18:49 -0800 (PST) the perfect...
Forum: Techniques November 15th 13, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 74
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
New B&M Lights with Wide Beam and Daytime Mode Available

John B. wrote:
On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 12:08:06 -0800 (PST), Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On Thursday, November 14, 2013 10:33:21 AM UTC-5, Jay Beattie wrote:

A flasher...
Forum: Techniques November 12th 13, 10:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
Rear wheel bearings

Andy K wrote:
I went to parktool.com but found nothing on rear wheel bearing
repair/diagnosis.

Before and after I took the tire off, when rotated it sounds like
"sand grinding."

To me,...
Forum: Techniques November 8th 13, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
What did I do wrong in assembling Shimano Ultegra FH-6500 rear hub?

wrote:
Hey guys, would you please save my bacon again? I disassembled my
rear Ultegra hub and installed new bearings. I thought I paid
attention to how it came apart,...
Forum: Techniques November 4th 13, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
Autumn happen, Bike Light come back

We seem to be back on to bicycle lights again. I just received the regular
advertising email from xxcycle.com in France and the subject line was
exactly the same as the subject line of this...
Forum: Techniques November 4th 13, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
Hermanns H-One S Light

Jay Beattie wrote:
The available reviews seem to be incomplete or inconclusive. I puts
out a claimed 95 lux. The design has apparently changed since it was
first released. Anyone familiar with...
Forum: Techniques November 2nd 13, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
installing Shimano Hollowtech crank

Ned Mantei wrote:
I stripped a thread in a bolt hole while replacing worn chainrings on
my everyday bike, and decided it would be best to replace the cranks.
I went for the Shimano Hollowtech...
Forum: Techniques October 9th 13, 10:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 35
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
New BUMM premium Cyo, Fly and Icon coming in November -- +output +spread

Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:19:46 AM UTC+1, Peter Howard wrote:

For mail order I can recommend:

http://www.xxcycle.com/dynamo-front-light,en.php?allItems=true

Forum: Techniques October 9th 13, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 35
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
New BUMM premium Cyo, Fly and Icon coming in November -- +output +spread

Nate Nagel wrote:
I actually missed that post, but I am not seeing the "plenty of
cheaper alternatives" hitting the market at all, nor am I seeing
their position as being "under attack" from...
Forum: Techniques October 5th 13, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
Platform pedal recommendation, please

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
:
One side of the pedal works nicely with my 8.5W construction shoes.
The other side doesn't. You can guess which side ends up on top most
of the time. I'm now shopping...
Forum: Techniques October 5th 13, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
Platform pedal recommendation, please

BCDrums wrote:
On Friday, October 4, 2013 6:16:23 PM UTC-4, Peter Howard wrote:

MKS Sylvan Touring Pedals

http://smartbikeparts.com/search_details.php?itm=PD4010

Forum: Techniques October 4th 13, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 32
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
Platform pedal recommendation, please

BCDrums wrote:
Converting a mountain bike into a jump-on-'n'-ride. I'm thinking
about double-sided, non-clipless, with no toe clips, and maybe a
concave profile. All of the shoes I'd wear on...
Forum: Techniques September 21st 13, 11:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
Ultegra 6700 cable routing. Any "best" way of doing this?

wrote:
Hi all:

After 13 years with my very serviceable Ultegra 9-speed set I'm
coming into the semi-modern world with the Ultegra 6700 group and its
new-to-me under...
Forum: Techniques September 21st 13, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
When was the last time that RBT actually had a technical discussion?

James wrote:
On 21/09/13 04:20, AMuzi wrote:

DA cable cutter is so 20th Century! The usual tool in this century
is a battery powered disc grinder, a handy portable version of this:

Forum: Techniques September 20th 13, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 56
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
When was the last time that RBT actually had a technical discussion?

Andre Jute wrote:
Funny thing is, three to five years after RBT's trailer park trash of
sneerers and jeerers (Daniels, Maxie whatsisface, Sherman, Howard,
Lee, Krygowski) abuse me for some...
Forum: Techniques September 19th 13, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 122
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
Just ordered a hub dynamo online

Clive George wrote:
On 19/09/2013 02:46, David Scheidt wrote:
Peter Howard wrote:

All is clear now about the history of your latest Rohloff hubbed
winter bike....
Forum: Techniques September 18th 13, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 122
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
Just ordered a hub dynamo online

Lou Holtman wrote:
Op 17-9-2013 0:43, Peter Howard schreef:
Lou Holtman wrote:
James wrote:
My poor ol' Sanyo Dynapower is getting a bit long in the tooth....
Forum: Techniques September 16th 13, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 122
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
Just ordered a hub dynamo online

Lou Holtman wrote:
James wrote:
My poor ol' Sanyo Dynapower is getting a bit long in the tooth. The
bearings and bushes are wearing out. It makes a bit more...
Forum: Techniques September 13th 13, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 181
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
Plainly, I'm more important to Jute than Jute is to me

T0m $herman wrote:
On 9/11/2013 8:21 PM, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, September 11, 2013 6:30:34 AM UTC+1, Peter Howard
wrote:
However, Schwalbe Big Apple 50-622 might do. Labelled as...
Forum: Techniques September 12th 13, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 181
Posted By Peter Howard[_4_]
Tire recommendations