Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 7.29 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Scott Gordo
Forum: Techniques May 7th 14, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Scott Gordo
Any old heads recognize these 3TTT bars?

http://www.fixed.gr/nyc/uploads/FileUpload/f8/24a4eb4d531f1c6fc8053718205766.jpg

http://www.fixed.gr/nyc/uploads/FileUpload/59/dd9a4cb6a15f53f9cd771a120ab5cb.jpg

Checked Velobase...
Forum: Techniques December 17th 13, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Scott Gordo
Ballpark $ on cutting down cranks and retapping?

Howdy,

I have a friend who's looking for some Origin-8 145mm triple cranks. He hasn't had much luck. So my questions a

1. Any of you shop guys holding?
2. Has anyone had, say, something like...
Forum: Techniques December 17th 12, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Scott Gordo
Repair bead/sidewall separation?

I hit a sharp end of something during a longish out-and-back ride, and sliced a Michelin across. Bought a brand new Conti Gatorskin tire at a shop. It was a little tight on the rim, but I got it on....
Forum: Techniques July 31st 12, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Scott Gordo
Unusual spoke breakage

On Thursday, July 26, 2012 6:19:47 AM UTC-4, xpzzzz wrote:
LBS showed me a wheel with several butted spokes broken in the middle;

random places along the length of the thin section. Said he...
Forum: Techniques July 30th 12, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Scott Gordo
cyclists in the news

On Sunday, July 8, 2012 9:18:20 AM UTC-4, Tom $herman (-_-) wrote:
On 7/8/2012 7:39 AM, A. Muzi wrote:

Forum: Techniques July 30th 12, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 38
Posted By Scott Gordo
My Cannondale Broke . . . Again

Eh, I've broken my '99 Litespeed Ultimate, sounds like roughly the same spot. Had Bilenky weld in a new bullet end. Ti is durable stuff (as my oft-crashed Ocoee can attest), but nothing is...
Forum: Techniques June 15th 12, 08:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Scott Gordo
Replacement Modolo Equipe KX90 brake pads?

On Jun 15, 1:19*pm, AMuzi wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:
My pads are toast. Any recs for replacements?

Sure, original Modolo inserts (which are not cheap).
Nothing else...
Forum: Techniques June 15th 12, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Jun 15, 1:19*pm, AMuzi wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:
My pads are toast. Any recs for replacements?

Sure, original Modolo inserts (which are not cheap).
Nothing else...
Forum: Techniques June 15th 12, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Scott Gordo
Replacement Modolo Equipe KX90 brake pads?

My pads are toast. Any recs for replacements?
Forum: Techniques May 21st 12, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Scott Gordo
Brake calipers with least center depth?

I have a buddy who drilled his fork and now finds that the single
pivot brakes he's tried rub against the top of the tire. Anyone else
run into this, and have a brake to recommend with minimal...
Forum: Techniques May 17th 12, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By Scott Gordo
DuraAce 7900 Crankset

On May 13, 10:50*pm, James wrote:
I've read on a few sites that the BB axle is aluminium (aluminum).

Is this true? *Is Shimano really running an Al BB axle?

If...
Forum: Techniques May 17th 12, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By Scott Gordo
Ti frame's Chain Stay is too wide.

On May 8, 6:28*pm, Kuzmin Ski Technology AB SkiTech
wrote:
Hi,
I got a nice titanium frame and fork and will build a nice hybrid bike
with 28'' wheels:
Shimano...
Forum: Techniques May 17th 12, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Scott Gordo
Anybody been to MOAB lately?

Slightly OT:

Rode a couple days in Moab back in '95 or so.

I'm going to be in SLC next month and plan to shoot down for a couple
days. Anybody have recommendations on who to rent from? I was going...
Forum: Techniques April 23rd 12, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Scott Gordo
Ritchey rims and tight tires?

On Apr 23, 2:42*pm, Scott Gordo wrote:
On Apr 23, 1:46*pm, AMuzi wrote:

Forum: Techniques April 23rd 12, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Scott Gordo
Ritchey rims and tight tires?

On Apr 23, 1:46*pm, AMuzi wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:
I have a set of 90s Ritchey wheels I can't squeeze a tire onto without
warm aqua & sapone, several tire levers, a...
Forum: Techniques April 23rd 12, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Scott Gordo
Ritchey rims and tight tires?

I have a set of 90s Ritchey wheels I can't squeeze a tire onto without
warm aqua & sapone, several tire levers, a flat spot, and a hernia.

Any recs for road tires with larger ERTROs? I've tried my...
Forum: Techniques April 11th 12, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 392
Posted By Scott Gordo
Boonen uses great big fat tubular tire in Paris-Roubaix

On Apr 10, 6:24*pm, " wrote:
http://www.roadbikeaction.com/contentimages/Zap%20News/2012/Race
%20News/Paris%20Roubaix/TB%20frntwheel.jpg
or Tiny:...
Forum: Techniques April 10th 12, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By Scott Gordo
Walking a bicycle into a store

i enjoyed the old post about the bookstore and the two old ladies.
Forum: Techniques February 29th 12, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Scott Gordo
For either Chalo or Peter Cole

On Feb 28, 3:31*pm, wrote:
Nice chain guard:

http://history.icanhascheezburger.com/2012/02/27/funny-pictures-histo...

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

KOPS musta been a bitch!
Forum: Techniques February 27th 12, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Scott Gordo
Looking for a 0degree, 120mm, 31.8 road stem...?

On Feb 27, 2:27*pm, SconnieRoadie wrote:
On Feb 27, 11:53*am, Scott Gordo wrote:

Forum: Techniques February 27th 12, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Scott Gordo
Looking for a 0degree, 120mm, 31.8 road stem...?

I would have scoffed at this question 10 years ago, and have used them
interchangeably on various incarnations of various bikes. What can I
say, I guess I'm getting matchy-matchy in my early-onset...
Forum: Techniques February 23rd 12, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 68
Posted By Scott Gordo
NYPD Issued Almost 50,000 Bicycle Tickets in 2011

On a bicycle, the biggest risk you usually face is getting hit by a
motor vehicle. Therefore, riding in an urban area where auto traffic is
dense (heh) is automatically dumb.

I've been called...
Forum: Techniques February 22nd 12, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 68
Posted By Scott Gordo
NYPD Issued Almost 50,000 Bicycle Tickets in 2011

On Feb 22, 8:42*am, Arif Khokar wrote:
On 2/22/2012 1:59 AM, Evan Platt wrote:

He states it's not always safest to ride in the bike lane. Agreed. I
don't think...
Forum: Techniques February 22nd 12, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Scott Gordo
Spray paint recs?

On Feb 21, 1:36*pm, AMuzi wrote:
Scott Gordo wrote:
Anyone have recommendations for rattle can jobs? I've used Krylon
primer/paint/clearcoat in the past for my...
Forum: Techniques February 21st 12, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Scott Gordo
Tubes: Shelf Life?

On Feb 21, 8:59*am, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Just had an interesting experience with my FS - which I haven't
ridden more than three times in the past couple of years.

Showing results 1 to 25 of 500