Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Colorado Bicycler
Forum: General December 28th 06, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 27
Posted By Colorado Bicycler
Oldest post on this group?

On Dec 19, 5:46*pm, "Rich Clark" wrote:
"Rex Kerr" wrote in ...

What's your...
Forum: General October 24th 06, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Colorado Bicycler
Indoor Training Support Group

Indoor Training Support Group

For anyone interested, I am the moderator of an Indoor Training Support
Group.

All are...
Forum: General September 16th 06, 01:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Colorado Bicycler
Great 50+ Blueberry Pie Ride!

Today, across the world, from Germany to the UK to Taipie and in all
corners of the United States, folks 50+ years old will be completing
the FIRST ANNUAL BLUEBERRY PIE...
Forum: General September 13th 06, 12:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Colorado Bicycler
Resting Heartrate

wrote:
About three weeks before I left China for the summer my heartrate
monitor broke. As bad luck would have it it arrived at the bike shop
fully repaired mere...
Forum: General September 8th 06, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By Colorado Bicycler
We Now Have 88

Colorado Bicycler wrote:
Our Rogue's Gallery of 50+ yo bicyclers continues to grow with 88
bicyclers of all types sharing their experiences. This is a fun
website.

Forum: General September 6th 06, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9

Colorado Bicycler wrote:
Our Rogue's Gallery of 50+ yo bicyclers continues to grow with 88
bicyclers of all types sharing their experiences. This is a fun
website.

Forum: General September 6th 06, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9

Bill Sornson wrote:
Colorado Bicycler wrote:
Our Rogue's Gallery of 50+ yo bicyclers continues to grow with 88
bicyclers of all types sharing their experiences. This is a fun
Forum: General September 5th 06, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By Colorado Bicycler
We Now Have 88

Our Rogue's Gallery of 50+ yo bicyclers continues to grow with 88
bicyclers of all types sharing their experiences. This is a fun
website.

http://members.aol.com/bfn50gallery/
Forum: General August 27th 06, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 109
Posted By Colorado Bicycler
I did my first century today.

Ted wrote:
Ok, it was a metric century (I am a very continental guy). It was
still over 63 miles averaging 17.5 mph (there are a lot of hills in
this state, give me some slack) and I have...
Forum: General August 21st 06, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Colorado Bicycler
70's eBay Schwinn as first road bike?

You don't need $1,000.

There are a number of decent entry-level road bikes for less.

Go to a few Local Bike Shops and check things out.

You said you are 50 and a clydesdale?

I am 66 and weigh 223...
Forum: General August 18th 06, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 35
Posted By Colorado Bicycler
If You're Really Fat, Diet and Lose Weight Before You Start Cycling

An appropriate bike can take a lot of strain off of joints that are
always stressed in a morbidly obese person. This allows them to get
the exercise without so much wear and tear on the body. In...
Forum: General August 10th 06, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By Colorado Bicycler
Just to say hello.

hectordh wrote:
Following the good nettiquette, I just want to say hello everybody.
I live in Veracruz, México, I Love road an mtb cycling, and it is a
pleasure to find this newsgroup.

Forum: Rides August 1st 06, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Colorado Bicycler
Swan Mountain Road (Summit County, Colorado)

That's neat. I never enjoyed sharing that narrow road with trucks and
speeding motorists!
Forum: General August 1st 06, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Colorado Bicycler
Swan Mountain Road (Summit County, Colorado)

That's neat. I never enjoyed sharing that narrow road with trucks and
speeding motorists!
Forum: General July 26th 06, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By Colorado Bicycler
Weird cause of a bicyclist's crash

"They never ask if you were following the rules of the road,"

Would you admit it if you weren't?

I can see the newspaper article:

BICYCLIST DIDN'T FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE ROAD

John Smith was the...
Forum: General July 23rd 06, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Colorado Bicycler
Looking for a bike on the cheap

Colorado Bicycler wrote:
Tim wrote:
I'm going to go down to a pawn shop Monday to look for a basic
touring-type bike. Can anyone give me any pointers for finding a
decent pawn shop...
Forum: General July 23rd 06, 01:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8

Tim wrote:
I'm going to go down to a pawn shop Monday to look for a basic
touring-type bike. Can anyone give me any pointers for finding a
decent pawn shop bike? Maybe brands to avoid, if I...
Forum: General July 18th 06, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By Colorado Bicycler
Things more risky than bicycling

Bill H. wrote:
I was looking through the August issue of National Geographic and came
across some interesting statistics on the odds of dying through various
ways. The odds of dying in a...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18