Showing results 1 to 25 of 286
Search took 1.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: pkittle
Forum: Unicycling January 14th 09, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By pkittle
Garmin Forerunner 205/305 quick release kit

Sorry to revive a dead-ish thread, but ...

I just picked up a 305 and even with the so-called extended wristband
on it--the one that comes with the unit--there's no way it'll fit over
my wrist...
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By pkittle
Does MUni impact the trail more than MTB?

The trails in Chico's Upper Bidwell Park, where I do most of my riding,
close for at least three days after significant rainfall. I always
adhere to the trail signs, and have been known to get ****y...
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By pkittle
10-15 hours of practice gets you where, now ?

My 11 year old son is probably at around the 5-7 hour mark of practice;
it's hard to judge as he goes in intervals of 10-30 minutes. He's been
working at this since late October, I'd guess. He's the...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 34
Posted By pkittle
"Where no MUni has gone before...."

The choice of Gollum as the "Klingon *******" was inspired. My two
youngest, who watched it with me, would have spewed milk out their
noses, had they been drinking milk while we watched it. We're all...
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By pkittle
Mapping Distance Rides

Those who use Garmin gps units can check out Motion Based, too, which
allows you to upload your data and it produces all kinds of interesting
info. I don't know about this from a user's perspective...
Forum: Unicycling December 17th 08, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By pkittle
Kh frame differences

munirocks;1151708 wrote:
I was always wondering what those little thingies are on the edge of the
crown on the 04 model. Does anybody know what they're supposed to do?

They're also on the 05...
Forum: Unicycling December 14th 08, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By pkittle
KH/ONZA 165mm what to do with them?

jtrops;1149078 wrote:
So I am getting some 150's from Phlegm along with a hub. After I
exchange the cranks on my MUni witht the shorter 150's I will be left
with a hub and a set of 165's. I...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By pkittle
Broken HS33

iAmVincent;1147679 wrote:
Bleed kit?

Yep. Or if you have some spare parts, you can make one yourself from a
syringe. At any rate, it sounds like there's air in your line. Bleeding
is simple,...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By pkittle
Does anyone use a Brake-Booster?

colin340;1148387 wrote:
it would be a allot safer if it was mounted behind the brake mounts

If I put a booster on, I'd put it on the way 412 has. Not that I
disagree about the efficacy of the...
Forum: Unicycling December 3rd 08, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By pkittle
Pros+Cons of Companies

KH: What everyone else has said. Lightweight, strong, reliable,
innovative. Available at lots of dealers besides UDC.

Torker:
Pros: Low cost, wide variety of models, durable, available at...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 08, 06:49 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By pkittle
Hand Injuries Common in Muni? Or is just me?

blueharmony;1138659 wrote:
I wear skateboard style wrist gaurds which have saved me from broken
bones more than once but my wrist still gets sore (especially when
learning new skills). Under...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 08, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By pkittle
Hand Injuries Common in Muni? Or is just me?

I've had what I suspect was a broken thumb and a confirmed broken wrist
from muni. Haven't had any serious problems since wearing very sturdy
wrist guards, though; I tend to try, now, to land on the...
Forum: Unicycling November 17th 08, 06:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By pkittle
Whats the brake pad to rim gap?

johnfoss;1132318 wrote:
As noted above, when the wheel spins is a start, but what he's talking
about is frame flex. So then you have to ride up and down some steep
hills. Just bring the tools...
Forum: Unicycling November 17th 08, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By pkittle
Whats the brake pad to rim gap?

Yeah, I think John's right. I always adjust (whether on bike or uni)
until it doesn't rub when the wheel spins. It takes a while to get it
right, but it's the only way. Trial and error, you...
Forum: Unicycling November 17th 08, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By pkittle
137's on KH24 for Freeride/Technical downhill

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but ....

I swapped out my KH24's 165s for a nice new set of 140s (it's the 05-06
hub) earlier this week, and took my first muni ride on it today. I've
been riding...
Forum: Unicycling November 16th 08, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By pkittle
Self-Extracting Crank Bolt question

jtrops;1131588 wrote:
Glad I could help. Now I just need to find a set of shorter cranks, I
could use some 150's, but at this point it will be cheaper to buy a new
moment hub/crank combo than...
Forum: Unicycling November 15th 08, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By pkittle
Self-Extracting Crank Bolt question

So it turns out that the left-handed threads were the only stumbling
block; I was able to remove the bolts with my circlip pliers easily once
I turned them the right direction.

So my KH24 now has...
Forum: Unicycling November 15th 08, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By pkittle
Self-Extracting Crank Bolt question

D'oh! I'll check on the backwards threads thing; I hadn't tried turning
the other way. Maybe that'll take care of the issue.

I'll also check at the LBS for the tool. You can never have too...
Forum: Unicycling November 15th 08, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By pkittle
Self-Extracting Crank Bolt question

I've just picked up a new pair of cranks for my pre-isis KH/Onza hub. My
old pair has self-extracting bolts on them, and I thought I'd just swap
those over to my new ones. But I have two problems...
Forum: Unicycling November 14th 08, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By pkittle
Cross-lacing, Revolutionary idea or just a gimmick?

I have a set of old Spinergy Spox wheels that used a similar system to
what Fraggle mentions by SYM, where the adjustments were made for truing
at the hub end, rather than the rim end of things. It's...
Forum: Unicycling November 11th 08, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By pkittle
Stolen KH36

I have a google alert (daily) for unicycle postings on all craigslist
sites (I started it when Tom Holub's guni disappeared from a flight),
and will keep an eye out for your uni. What a shame.

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 11th 08, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By pkittle
Does anybody use a brake to help freemount??

As someone who has never been interested in skill levels or tricks (I
basically just like to ride muni), I haven't tried to mount in lots of
different ways. But I did decide to learn to freemount...
Forum: Unicycling November 9th 08, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By pkittle
California's Chain of Uni groups

Although there's only me, my sons, and my riding buddy Gary, we're a
quasi-group in Chico. And always looking for more.

Name: Peter Kittle
email: peterdkittle (att) gmail (ddott) com

Oh, and if...
Forum: Unicycling November 4th 08, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 36
Posted By pkittle
24" vs. 26" Muni

CoreTechs;1124258 wrote:
I've pre-ordered a 26" ISIS MUni with 137mm Moments from municycle.ca
and I'm not 100% sure if I've made the right choice for the rim size. I
think I could handle a...
Forum: Unicycling October 29th 08, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By pkittle
Bedford Unicycles 2008 Halloween Sale !!!

Anybody know if Darren does PayPal for payments?

--
pkittle

Peter Kittle * Chico, CA
"The Revolution is just a t-shirt away."
--Billy Bragg
Showing results 1 to 25 of 286