Showing results 1 to 25 of 161
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pat Lamb
Forum: General March 29th 07, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 21
Posted By Pat Lamb
how do you help sweat from getting in your face while riding?

Paul wrote:
I've only been riding about a month. When I sweat a lot it gets in my eyes
and causes blurry vision temporarily. How do you keep from getting sweat in
your eye or running form...
Forum: General March 29th 07, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 333
Posted By Pat Lamb
Best states (west of great lakes) for cycling

David Tang wrote:
A very small minority of motorists would probably run us off the
road but for the consequences. I once had someone yell very angrily
at me to get on the sidewalk where I...
Forum: Techniques March 21st 07, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Pat Lamb
Which C-Motion bike for long disnace touring?

wrote:
I would not choose a touring bike
as my one and only bike. Its an OK jack of all trades and does
extreme load carrying very well. But its just not as much fun...
Forum: Techniques March 16th 07, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Pat Lamb
two extremes of carbon, from handbuilt bike show

Dan Connelly wrote:
Also noteworthy, the Calfee spaghetti bike....
http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.php/photo/72879/cat/981

Structurally sound, according to Craig... and only 1.5 kg for the...
Forum: Techniques March 15th 07, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Pat Lamb
Continental Carbon Black?

Bill wrote:
"Rima Neas" wrote in message
Did they just re-discover carbon black? ...and is particle size relevant
Forum: Techniques March 14th 07, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 33
Posted By Pat Lamb
Toughest Rim Tapes

Clive George wrote:
"Kinky Cowboy" wrote in message
You've correctly described the problem, and your solution. My
Forum: General March 12th 07, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Pat Lamb
Exercise induced headache question

Bob in CT wrote:
I've never had exercise-induced headaches, until I started commuting
home from work. I'm on a very busy road with no shoulder within a
minute or so. I then have to navigate a...
Forum: General March 12th 07, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Posted By Pat Lamb
rely less on your brakes

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Try to rely less on your brakes. Don't ride around
in group rides or races with your hands on the brakes. Learn to deal
with trouble by getting past it, not by...
Forum: General March 12th 07, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Posted By Pat Lamb
rely less on your brakes

Claire Petersky wrote:
One of the great Buddhist qualities to cultivate is equinimity. You don't
want to water the seeds of anger within you. I've noticed that quite a few
times you've...
Forum: General March 12th 07, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 13
Posted By Pat Lamb
Sunglasses & Rx

jalex wrote:
I'm planning on purchasing a pair of sunglasses with the Rx adapter.
Looks like the Tifosi Stevilo is a match for me. What experience does
anyone have using the Rx adapters? My...
Forum: Techniques March 9th 07, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By Pat Lamb
minimum spacers under stem?

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
On Mar 8, 4:20 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
Thanks guys.

On 8 Mar 2007 07:44:25 -0800, "Qui si parla...
Forum: Techniques March 9th 07, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 112
Posted By Pat Lamb
rec.bicycles.tech - FAQ?

jim beam wrote:
you're an idiot krygowski. ad hominem is not a defense.

jb half right! News at 11:00!

(ad hominem is an offense.)

you have
access to "engineering" facilities. you do...
Forum: General March 6th 07, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Pat Lamb
Chain Removal Tool

Peter Cole wrote:
wrote:
I have always had bad luck with tools that remove the rivet in your
chain. The best one that I had was a cheapo from Western Auto that
Forum: Techniques March 1st 07, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 70
Posted By Pat Lamb
Lightweight wheel suggestions

Mark Hickey wrote:
A Muzi wrote:

"off-brand tubular wheels on ebay for about $700"? You can build _new_
ones with tires for less than that.

I just ran the...
Forum: General February 28th 07, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 213
Posted By Pat Lamb
Warm weather bringing out the morons

wrote:

Hmm. My one recollection comparing those two states had nothing to do
with dogs. Instead, it's about the junk cars in the yard. In
Georgia, they were right side...
Forum: UK February 22nd 07, 07:41 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 52
Posted By Pat Lamb
Feeding the resident troll

Rob Morley wrote:
In article , wafflycat
says...
May I respectfully draw the attention of the lovely denizens of u.r.c. that
Forum: General February 15th 07, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 93
Posted By Pat Lamb
Customer had a problem with our service

Cathy Kearns wrote:
"di" wrote in message
Any bike rider who is so stupid to not know the difference between a
bicycle drive...
Forum: General February 14th 07, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 35
Posted By Pat Lamb
botts dots

Claire wrote:
Every time I ride up Eastgate Way, I am struck at how many botts dots
are by the side of the road. I'd estimate there must be at least three
dozen yellow ones. Then, there's...
Forum: General February 9th 07, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By Pat Lamb
Is the (US) midwest running out of air yet?

dgk wrote:
I figure that after a week of 15+ mph westerly winds here in NYC,
there can't be too much air left in the midwest. Soon all the air will
fill up the space over the Atlantic Ocean and...
Forum: General February 9th 07, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 23
Posted By Pat Lamb
Busch & Mueller "Big Bang"---the ultimate bike light?

Prisoner at War wrote:
On Jan 31, 3:40 pm, Pat Lamb wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 10:59:05 -0500, Gooserider wrote:
http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/bigbang.asp
Forum: Techniques February 7th 07, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Pat Lamb
Finite element models... Rim section modulus... Gavin

A Muzi wrote:

Right! CBO said tax receipts would tank after tax cuts. In theory.
They are _way_ up since 2003. In actual cash revenue, not theory.

Of course, CBO was right twenty years...
Forum: Techniques February 7th 07, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Pat Lamb
Floyd Landis Event

Tim McNamara wrote:
I find the whole thing kind of funny but not in the amusing way. I've
read through a couple of iterations of his defense and it's frankly not
all that strong (to my...
Forum: Techniques February 6th 07, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 90
Posted By Pat Lamb
BB technologies.

On Feb 5, 6:29 am, M-gineering wrote:
Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

shimano use roller bearings.
Yes on the 7700, 1/2...
Forum: Rides February 6th 07, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 2
Posted By Pat Lamb
blue ridge parkway shuttle ??

Bill wrote:
Want to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway south to north. Any suggestions on how
to get back to the car. I'm willing to consider shuttle service, bus, car
rental ........

Don't know...
Forum: General February 6th 07, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 23
Posted By Pat Lamb
Broke A Chain!

David L. Johnson wrote:
Stephen Harding wrote:

I typically run the entire drive line down, letting them
wear out together, then replace the chain and the cogs
at once. Chain rings seem...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 161