Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob[_19_]
Forum: Techniques May 15th 17, 11:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Bob[_19_]
Wheel Cam Lock On Grandson's Bike; Getting Tire Past Brake Pads ?

Hello,

My Grandson got a new bike, and thought I'd ask you experts some
questions that have come up. I have to admit I know nothing
about "bike mechanics," and would be most grateful for the...
Forum: General May 7th 17, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob[_19_]
Grandson Bike Cam Mechanism Questions, Please

Hi,

My Grandson got a new bike, and thought I'd ask you experts some
questions that have come up. I have to admit I know nothing
about "bike mechanics," and would be most grateful for the...
Forum: General July 22nd 15, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob[_19_]
Roof Mounted Racks ?

Hello,

Would appreciate any thoughts on.

Was about to get a Thule Rack for rear of my Outback.
But keep putting it off due my reluctance to drive with the major part,
if not all, of my rear...
Forum: General May 22nd 15, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
From OP: Thule Raceway Pro On An Outback Pix: Where To Find?

Hi Duane et al,

Yup, those are the pix's I need.
Thanks for sending.

BTW: It sure looks like the window on the Outback is going to
be very obscured if I go with this model.

Any hints "or tricks"...
Forum: General May 22nd 15, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob[_19_]
Thule Raceway Pro On An Outback Pix: Where To Find ?

Hello,

Want to purchase a Thule Raceway Pro (for 3 bikes), as a gift for son
who has a new Outback

Before I do, though, want to show a picture of it mounted to a 2014 or
2015 Subaru Outback to the...
Forum: General May 18th 15, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob[_19_]
Rear Bike Rack: What To Get ?

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the previous help.

Want to help son get a rear mounted bike rack for a 2015 Subaru Outback.
Amazed at how many mfg's and variations are available.

Would appreciate any...
Forum: General May 17th 15, 11:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob[_19_]
Boeshield T-9 Lubricant ?

Hi,

Son and daughter in law now have brand new bikes.

Would like to get them to learn a bit about the necessity and
desirability of lubricating the chains.

a. Is Boeshield T-9 what I want to get...
Forum: General May 15th 15, 11:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob[_19_]
Reverse Threads ?

Hello,

On a Kid's bike that I am trying to fix up, I know the left pedal
has a "reverse" thread where it attaches to the crank.

Are there any on the front or rear threads that hold the wheels to...
Forum: General April 26th 15, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob[_19_]
What Class of Bike; Terminology ?

Hi,

Want to help son in picking out a bike.

What is the proper terminology for the class of bike we would be
interested in:

Mainly used on roads, but "some" light usage where it would not be...
Forum: General October 29th 14, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Bob[_19_]
Bell Lumina 750 Light ?

Hello,

Is there a Link on the web, somewhere, to a Manual or User Guide for the
Bell Lumina 750 light set ?

Thanks,
Bob

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus...
Forum: General March 1st 14, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob[_19_]
For Phil Lee From OP: Bike Lights

Hi,

Great article.
Well written.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

Bob
--------------------
Forum: General February 26th 14, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob[_19_]
Lights Question: Blinking Best ?

Hello,

What do most folks do:

Rear Red Light set to Blink
Front White one on Steady

Or,...?

Thanks,
Forum: General February 25th 14, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob[_19_]
Bike Lights

Hello,

Grandson will soon be starting out on his first two-wheeler.

Thought it would be a good idea for him to have a LED light set, both
for the front and rear.

Going to Amazon, I see that they...
Forum: Techniques April 14th 11, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob[_19_]
Kenda Tires Question & Marin Bikes

Hello,

Getting back into biking after many, many years.
Sr. Citizen, now.

A few questions, please:

a. Have decided on a Hybrid style for new bike.
Saw a Marin which seems very nice.
Forum: General April 11th 11, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 24
Posted By Bob[_19_]
Self Sealing Inner Tube: Do They Work ?

Hello,

Do those "self-sealing" inner tubes work ?

When putting on new tubes, worth going to the trouble to get them ?

Any thoughts on would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob
Forum: General April 10th 11, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob[_19_]
Quick Release Cam Mechanism & Skewers Fpor Threaded Axle Question?

Hello,

Getting back into some light riding after many, many, years.

Have an older Fuji road bike with the wheel hubs being threaded
on both ends to take a nut. Certainly doesn't appear to be...
Forum: General April 10th 11, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By Bob[_19_]
Sr. Citizen Taking Up Sport Again Questions, Please

Hello,

Haven't gone biking in probably 20 yrs, but would like to do a little,
again, for some light exercise.
Would have to be light, as am now in my 70's.

Have a 20 yr old, possibly more, Fuji...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17