Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Robert Norton
Forum: UK January 21st 11, 12:13 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Robert Norton
Lidl cycle computer

I bought a LIDL cycle computer in Jan 2010. I am only now getting round to
installing it and find I have lost the instruction sheet. LIDL cant help.
Can anyone out there send me a...
Forum: UK December 13th 10, 09:34 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Robert Norton
Ed Dolan aka, etc, etc

Ed
with all your fevered activity on this on other bike groups, tell me, do you
ever actually have time to throw your leg across a bike?
Rob N
Forum: UK July 10th 10, 04:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 10
Posted By Robert Norton
Cape/poncho

Am I allowed ask a straight cycling question in this lunatic asylum?

Capes/ ponchos used to be the standard wear for wet days. Nowadays everyone
seems to use jackets.
Anyone still use a cape? I got...
Forum: General April 15th 10, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By Robert Norton
cassette bottom bracket

I have a cassette bottom bracket on my ten year old Dawes Galaxy. It's done
thousands of miles without complaining. Since I dont suppose it will last
for ever, will it give me adequate warning when...
Forum: General March 30th 10, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Robert Norton
Expedition spoke tension again

thanks for the replies to my original query.

The full story is that his original wheel with 32 spokes around a Rohloff
hub was built by a top shop in
London; specifically for the expedition; but...
Forum: General March 29th 10, 10:51 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Norton
spoke tension expedition touring

"Jobst Brandt" wrote in message
Mike A Schwab wrote:

In Mark Beaumont's book "the man who cycled the world" he
Forum: General March 27th 10, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Norton
spoke tension expedition touring

In Mark Beaumont's book "the man who cycled the world" he recommends having
slightly slack spokes in wheels meant to carry heavy loads. His tightly
spoked rear wheel packed.
Anyone have a view on...
Forum: Rides August 20th 09, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 5
Posted By Robert Norton
frame materials

Thanks, Art- great site!
RN
"Art Harris" wrote in message
Robert Norton wrote:
What are the relative...
Forum: Rides August 18th 09, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 5
Posted By Robert Norton
frame materials

What are the relative merits of aluminium or quality steel? I'm talkimg with
reference to touring bikes
Tia
Rob
Forum: Rides July 26th 09, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 0
Posted By Robert Norton
Tour fever

See this piece of romance on the Great Fausto Coppi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Dts9r88Hw&feature=related
Rob N
Forum: Rides July 25th 09, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 4
Posted By Robert Norton
hands-off road test

"Phil W Lee" phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk wrote in message
Norman considered Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:38:56
-0700...
Forum: Rides July 17th 09, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 4
Posted By Robert Norton
hands-off road test

Test-riding a used Dawes Galaxy tourer today I found it was difficult /
impossible to ride with hands off. Frame did not seem to be out of line.
Head bearing was not stiff. A 2008 model it had the...
Forum: Rides July 17th 09, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 0
Posted By Robert Norton
"hands-off" road test

Test-riding a used Dawes Galaxy tourer today I found it was difficult /
impossible to ride with hands off. Frame did not seem to be out of line.
Head bearing was not stiff. A 2008 model it had the...
Forum: Rides June 20th 09, 09:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Norton
Slovenia for cycling;

Thanks, Jobst. Enjoyed your account of your Alpine 2004 tour. what a ride!
I've done all the big passes on the Pyrenees chain but not the other French
ones you did.
In a coach recently I crossed...
Forum: Rides June 19th 09, 11:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 0
Posted By Robert Norton
Lake Tacoe to Baltimore

Last Summer I met a man at Yellowstone who was touring from Tacoe to
Baltimore. I was touring by car with my wife.
Being a biker, i gave him my email address and he promised to let me know
how he...
Forum: UK June 19th 09, 11:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Robert Norton
Slovenia cycle tours

I've just returned from a short family holiday to Lake Bled in Slovenia. it
struck me as a lovely country to cycle in. anyone toured there / Any tips on
routes- hilly preferably?
Rob
Forum: Rides June 19th 09, 11:09 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Norton
Slovenia for cycling;

I've just returned from a short family holiday to Lake Bled in Slovenia. it
struck me as a lovely country to cycle in. anyone toured there / Any tips on
routes- hilly preferably?
Rob
Forum: Rides March 31st 09, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 0
Posted By Robert Norton
Film on MTB history

I saw the Discovery channel film on the history of the mountain bike the
other night. Brilliant film full of interest about the early "Klunkers" and
the largely hippy culture which produced these...
Forum: UK March 30th 09, 09:59 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Robert Norton
MTB history film on TV

I saw the Discovery channel film on the history of the mountain bike the
other night. Brilliant film full of interest about the early "Klunkers" and
the largely hippy culture which produced these...
Forum: Rides December 23rd 08, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By Robert Norton
Dynamo lighting

My recollection is they provided strong dependable light but only if you
kept moving of course. the pproblem is the drag hence my question.
"RicodJour" wrote in message...
Forum: Rides December 23rd 08, 09:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 7
Posted By Robert Norton
Dynamo lighting

Can anyone give me -in layman's terms-the extra effort required to propel
your bike with a typical tyre-driven dynamo? Thanks i.a.
Rob
Forum: UK December 21st 08, 04:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Robert Norton
Dynamo lighting question

Can anyone give me -in layman's terms-the extra effort required to propel
your bike with a typical tyre-driven dynamo? Thanks i.a.
Rob
Forum: UK October 22nd 08, 08:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Robert Norton
touring bikes recommendations

I have an oldish Dawes Galaxy. I'd never get rid of it . We've been through
too much together! However I'm thinking of buying another; more up to date
in another make. Anyone got any...
Forum: UK August 14th 08, 09:46 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Robert Norton
Holyhead / Worcester

"A.C.P.Crawshaw" wrote in message
Robert Norton wrote:
Living in Dublin, I'm planning a solo trip from Holyhead to my relatives
Forum: UK August 12th 08, 08:03 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 6
Posted By Robert Norton
Holyhead / Worcester

Living in Dublin, I'm planning a solo trip from Holyhead to my relatives in
Worcs.(and back), allowing about 8 days and using B&B's. Anyone like to
suggest a good route? must be reasonably direct,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36