Showing results 1 to 25 of 122
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul Luton[_2_]
Forum: UK October 4th 09, 08:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Van causes cyclist to injur himself

Tony Dragon wrote:
Doug wrote:
On 3 Oct, 13:59, Paul Luton wrote:
Mr. Benn wrote:
Clearly the fault of the van driver travelling ahead of the cyclist
Forum: UK October 3rd 09, 01:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Mr. Benn wrote:
Clearly the fault of the van driver travelling ahead of the cyclist

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cf7_1254415809

No but perhaps the fault of the designer. If the cyclist was...
Forum: UK October 1st 09, 08:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 116
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Where "facilities" end

Jeremy Parker wrote:
"Graham Harrison" wrote in
message ...

I think many of us believe that an issue...
Forum: UK October 1st 09, 08:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 116
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Where "facilities" end

Phil W Lee wrote:
Ben C considered Tue, 29 Sep 2009 05:12:57 -0500
the perfect time to write:

Of course the absolute best solution to the roundabout problem,...
Forum: UK September 29th 09, 09:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 116
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Where "facilities" end

On 2009-09-29, David Hansen wrote:
On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 05:12:57...
Forum: UK September 29th 09, 09:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 116
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Where "facilities" end

Graham Harrison wrote:

Going OT a bit I was sitting on Lawrence Hill station in Bristol
yesterday and just in my view was a bridge across which no cars passed
but lots of bikes. I'm...
Forum: UK September 28th 09, 06:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Bikeability

Rob Morley wrote:
On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:44:39 +0100
Paul Luton wrote:

University of Bath study did find that the further out into the road
the cyclist the...
Forum: UK September 28th 09, 04:44 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Bikeability

lardyninja wrote:

I was reading the latest LCC magazine and there is an article by a
Bikeability guy giving advice on urban cycling. One of the sentences was
in effect advocating moving...
Forum: UK September 28th 09, 04:31 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Thousands more parking places created at stations – but only for cyclists

BrianW wrote:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6851682.ece

Sounds like a good idea to me. The larger stations in Holland have
secure lock-up facilities with bike hire...
Forum: UK September 25th 09, 10:34 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 43
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Jeremy Clarkson attitude to cyclists

Tony Dragon wrote:
Doug wrote:
On 25 Sep, 16:29, wrote:
Watching this person on Sky News really got to me. He thinks it's
okay to run cyclists off the road. ...
Forum: UK September 21st 09, 11:06 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 104
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Irresponsible cyclists free to get drivers to clear up afterthem

BrianW wrote:
On 20 Sep, 22:50, JNugent wrote:
Adam Lea wrote:
Graculus wrote:
It seems that our Doug has friends in the government, considering
Forum: UK September 15th 09, 08:40 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Positively stylish

Peter Clinch wrote:
Paul Luton wrote:

What is stylish about a bike that is too heavy to ride uphill ? Daft I
call it. Form follows function as someone said.

So how heavy is "too heavy...
Forum: UK September 14th 09, 10:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Positively stylish

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
A positive article about cycling. Now all I have to do is find a young
person to tell me who these people are. http://tinyurl.com/cyclestyle
Forum: UK September 13th 09, 05:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 36
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Recycling, cycling, Daily Mail, despair

Squashme wrote:
Depressing tale from the Mail:-

http://tinyurl.com/lapcb8

err - "From the Mail" - will be reliable and unbiased then ;)

--
CTC Right to Ride Rep. for Richmond upon Thames
Forum: UK September 10th 09, 12:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling

Doug wrote:
On this newsgroup are motorists who also claim to be cyclists but who
are highly critical of cyclists, which casts doubt on their claim to
be cyclists. So what, for the purposes of...
Forum: UK September 9th 09, 03:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 181
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Electric bikes?

Andreas Schulze Bäing wrote:
On 9 Sep, 06:07, Doug wrote:
Do you believe this?

"Using an electric bike is the best way there is to break the car
habit. The average...
Forum: UK September 2nd 09, 04:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 68
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Jeremy Vine stopped from cycling

Doki wrote:

"Tom Crispin" wrote in message
On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 08:24:45 +0100, Matt B
Forum: UK August 18th 09, 09:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Cycling from Oxford to Swindon

Tom Anderson wrote:
Hello everybody,

Next monday morning, i will need to get from Oxford (Iffley Road, near
the Plain) to Swindon (Oxford Road, just outside the edge of the town -
not a...
Forum: UK August 14th 09, 10:39 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 15
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Coroner summons for govt director on bike lane safety

Colin Nelson wrote:

tim wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/somerset/8200586.stm

A coroner has summonsed a government director to appear before him
to answer questions about...
Forum: UK August 8th 09, 08:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 26
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Brompton Spec

Rob Morley wrote:
On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 23:23:45 +0100
Tom Crispin wrote:

One thing that makes me think that may not be the reason is that a
friend...
Forum: UK August 8th 09, 08:14 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Raleigh Royal touring bike 2009

John Dunlop wrote:
I bought my first touring bike, a Raleigh Royal, and broke it in on a
century ride through the Leadhills and Scotland's highest village,
Wanlockhead, at 467 m. Poured pretty...
Forum: UK August 1st 09, 08:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
A Good Day for Proper Road Safety: Swindon Ditches Fixed SpeedCameras

On 2009-08-01, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 12:38:18 -0500, Ben C wrote:

combine a speeding law with...
Forum: UK July 29th 09, 01:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
replacing Gear Shifters

Mike P wrote:
On 29 July, 13:10, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 05:05:30 -0700 (PDT), Mike P

wrote:
My...
Forum: UK July 28th 09, 05:33 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 24
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
Schwabe Marathon tyres on a Brompton.

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Jul 28, 2:50 pm, David Hansen
wrote:

Did you push the rims of the tyre deeply into the well of the rim?
Doing that...
Forum: UK July 26th 09, 11:09 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul Luton[_2_]
two odd bike-ish usages

Mark McNeill wrote:
Firstly the Register, which by now must be close to needing a Cycling
Correspondent:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/24/street_view_trike/

Given the gradients...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 122