Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.92 seconds.
Forum: Techniques April 15th 08, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
"Air Free Tires" ?

Anyone ever try those "air free tires"?

www.airfreetires.com

In a way, this sounds like a product of my dreams, but I suspect it
may cause more problems than it solves. (And I'm sure the ride...
Forum: General February 3rd 08, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
What To Do If Your Contact Lenses Dont Feel Comfortable

On Jan 30, 11:53*am, wrote:
Many people give up wearing contact lenses because they can never get
used to them. The lenses just don't feel comfortable. If this is your
case don't...
Forum: General December 28th 07, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Does CoQ10 raise HR?

On Dec 25, 10:27*pm, "BobT"
wrote:
wrote in message

...I...
Forum: General December 25th 07, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Does CoQ10 raise HR?

I recently begun taking 300mg/day of CoQ10, to see if it helps with my
inflammed gums. It now seems that my HR is noticably higher than
normal . . . it seems to easily get up to my AT while doing...
Forum: General October 28th 07, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Nationwide bike tour club?

On Oct 27, 9:53 pm, "Mike Kruger" wrote:
wrote:
A couple years ago, while looking for a tour to do, I came across a
website that was...
Forum: General October 28th 07, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Nationwide bike tour club?

A couple years ago, while looking for a tour to do, I came across a
website that was apparently some sort of a nationwide bike club that
did a couple dozen tours each year in various locations. (I...
Forum: Techniques October 16th 07, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Tick, tick, tick . . . HELP!!

I'm really starting to get annoyed at this (nearly) constant ticking
sound on my bike when pedaling. (Every once in a blue moon it
mysteriously stops for 5 - 10 pedal strokes.) I thought it may...
Forum: Racing October 2nd 07, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Why is my seat so far forward?

I'm a 39 yr. old male recreational cyclist who averages nearly 200
mile/week. I've experimented extensively (obsessively?) with my fit
over the years. It turns out that I'm the fastest with the...
Forum: General September 30th 07, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Should my seat be that far forward?

On Sep 29, 9:25 pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
wrote:
I'm a 39 yr. old male recreational cyclist who averages nearly 200
mile/week. I've experimented...
Forum: General September 30th 07, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Should my seat be that far forward?

I'm a 39 yr. old male recreational cyclist who averages nearly 200
mile/week. I've experimented extensively (obsessively?) with my fit
over the years. It turns out that I'm the fastest with the...
Forum: General September 16th 07, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Kevlar bike tires not bullet proof

On Sep 15, 7:39 pm, Jorg Lueke wrote:
After my stock Bontrager select tires started to wear out after 2000
miles I got some Specialized Armadillos mainly because that's...
Forum: Techniques September 2nd 07, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
How do I get the brake hoods flat?

On Sep 1, 9:15 pm, "Jambo" [email protected] wrote:
wrote in message

I've noticed on many bikes that the...
Forum: Techniques September 2nd 07, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
How do I get the brake hoods flat?

I've noticed on many bikes that the brake hood is parallel to the
ground, with no transition between it and the top of the bar. (Sorry,
thats the best I can describe it.) When I positioned the...
Forum: General August 22nd 07, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Do "dry lubes" cause chans to skip?

A while ago, I decided to try one of those "dry lubes." While I love
the fact that the drivetrain doesn't instanly turn black upon riding
the way "wet " lubes do, the dry ones seem to make for a...
Forum: General May 2nd 07, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
V-brake questions . . .

On Apr 30, 6:14 pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Apr 30, 12:44 am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
BobT wrote:
"Bill Sornson" wrote...
Forum: General April 29th 07, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
V-brake questions . . .

I just got a cyclo-cross bike, equiped with V-brakes and was wondering
about a few things. (Pardon my ignorance, but this is the first time
I had this style.)

Is there a way to remove the wheel...
Forum: General April 1st 07, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
How often should I apply dry lube?

Well, after trying on of those "dry lubes" on my chains, I'm kicking
myself for not using them all along! (Nice not having the drivetrain
all black after one ride!) My one question is how often...
Forum: General March 4th 07, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Does lifting weights cause muscles to shrink?

I know this goes against logic, but after lifting weights during the
off-season (Nov. - Mar.), some of my muscles measure 5 - 15mm SMALLER
in Mar. than when I start in the fall. I realize I won't...
Forum: General March 4th 07, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Should I put Frame-Saver on outside of steering tube?

Just got a steel Surley cross frame. ("Fatties Fit Fine"??? LOL!!)
I'm going to apply that framesaver stuff and was wondering if I should
also apply it to the outside of the fork's steering tube. ...
Forum: Racing January 28th 07, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
"Bicycle World" TV show?

Anyone know what's going on with the "Bicycle World" TV show that was
suppossed to debut on Fox Sports this month?
Forum: General January 28th 07, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
700C or 29" "cyclocross?"

I think my MTB has had it, and since its 17 yrs. old and doesn't fit
properly, its time to move on. At least 90% of my riding is on the
road -- partially because I'm too much of a klutz for the...
Forum: Racing October 6th 06, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
OLN / VS dumps scheduled Vuelta broadcast

On Oct 1, 5:09 pm, wrote:
Was: VERSUS Oct 01 05:00pm
Series/Sports, 120 Mins.
"Vuelta a Espana"
Original Airdate: September 17, 2006.

Forum: General July 26th 06, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Why do I ride so lousy after touring?

Most years I go on tour for about a week, 60 - 100 miles/day, some
supported, others not. I do fine during the tour -- I'm usually in the
first half of the group, despite stopping often for...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23