Showing results 1 to 25 of 58
Search took 1.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pat[_11_]
Forum: Techniques July 14th 08, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Pat[_11_]
Sunscreen: Spray or lotion? What you like?

I had a bottle of gel-based sunscreen years ago and liked it, but have
been unable to find it since or even a similar product. Thanks for
mentioning this one.

Bullfrog makes a gel sunblock.
Forum: Techniques July 14th 08, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 107
Posted By Pat[_11_]
That Lowe's flashlight, again

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
picked up another one, this time to stick in the glovebox of my car. Yes,
it still has the "60x...
Forum: General July 14th 08, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By Pat[_11_]
Pedestrian killed in England

If a person puts a bike helmet on a kid because he's heard someone
else's...
Forum: General July 14th 08, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By Pat[_11_]
Fixing OE's Quoting (was: Pedestrian killed in England)

OEquotefix is the usual recommended solution to this. That should at
least get the leading characters in there to satisfy the other
newsreader
clients.

Kristian...
Forum: General July 14th 08, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 37
Posted By Pat[_11_]
What are the reasons you have fallen down?

"sni" damn gravity ... Its bothered me all my life

Don't worry about it; it's just a theory.
Forum: Techniques July 13th 08, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Pat[_11_]
Sunscreen: Spray or lotion? What you like?

My personal preference is for the clear types that absorb into the
skin rather than sit on top... particularly on the face when you
expect to be sweating a lot and dripping into your...
Forum: General July 13th 08, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 37
Posted By Pat[_11_]
What are the reasons you have fallen down?

What are the reasons you have fallen down? Was it b/c of klutziness in
general, tire failing to grip due to lost traction on water or sand,
etc?

I fell once when going around a 90 degree...
Forum: General July 13th 08, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By Pat[_11_]
Pedestrian killed in England

If a person puts a bike helmet on a kid because he's heard someone
else's story,...
Forum: General July 13th 08, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By Pat[_11_]
Pedestrian killed in England

[fk:] Lots of people know someone who _thinks_ the helmet protected them.
But if all those "protections" were real, there would be significant
drops in head injuries per rider, wouldn't there...
Forum: General July 13th 08, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By Pat[_11_]
Pedestrian killed in England

OEquotefix is the usual recommended solution to this. That should at
least get the leading characters in there to satisfy the other
newsreader
clients.

Kristian Zoerhoff

Is this...
Forum: General July 12th 08, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By Pat[_11_]
27 inch tires make a comeback

The "story" isn't about 27" tires making some sort of a comeback. Rather,
it's about people taking old bikes out of the garage and wanting to ride
them again. A noble gesture, but most of these...
Forum: General July 12th 08, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By Pat[_11_]
Pedestrian killed in England

Pat, is there no way you can get your posts to indicate responses?
Everyone else's show up correctly.

I don't know what you are talking about. I am using Outlook Express. No one
has every...
Forum: General July 12th 08, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Pat[_11_]
This is the Bike Poll!

"
I asked a middle-aged woman yesterday and her reply was "I'm too old to
ride a bicycle." A few years ago, when I turned 40 (okay, more than a
"few"), my step-father said to me, "You're...
Forum: General July 12th 08, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Pat[_11_]
Two Afro-Caribeans Beat Up Young Blond Girl Riding Her Bicycle Home

Because if two white thugs attacked a black cyclist there
would be bias charges added to the mix. When nonwhite thugs
attack whites it's "never" racial!

=v= Completely untrue, in the...
Forum: Rides July 12th 08, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 5
Posted By Pat[_11_]
OT - but a most important matter!

"Ron Wallenfang" wrote in message
Nobody's asked, but in this bike rider/Packer fan's humble...
Forum: General July 12th 08, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By Pat[_11_]
Pedestrian killed in England

Some do, some don't, Pat. For sure, I know one ER physician and one
other physician (unknown specialty, unfortunately) who agree with my
views almost completely. A lot depends on whether...
Forum: Techniques July 12th 08, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Pat[_11_]
Quoting

Dear Derk,

While I feel the pain of those who fear the page-down key, trimming
often provokes angry replies that the crucial point has been cut.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

I would wager that...
Forum: General July 12th 08, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By Pat[_11_]
Pedestrian killed in England

For sure, the pediatricians do not listen to Frank.

Some do, some don't, Pat. For sure, I know one ER physician and one
other physician (unknown specialty, unfortunately) who agree with...
Forum: General July 11th 08, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By Pat[_11_]
Pedestrian killed in England

Wrong! I had a horse when I was a teenager and I preferred falling on my
head. When you fall and land on your bum, it shakes up the entire spine
and
you're sore for a week or more....
Forum: General July 11th 08, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Pat[_11_]
Two Afro-Caribeans Beat Up Young Blond Girl Riding Her Bicycle Home

Just wondering---if the female was 19 and the assailant males were 18-19,
why did you list her as "young girl" and them as "men" in your story?
And, how did you know where they were from?...
Forum: Rides July 11th 08, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 9
Posted By Pat[_11_]
Trip Report - Minneaplis to Milwaukee - June 14-15, 2008

Was there some special reason for you to compress the ride into just two
days?
Forum: General July 11th 08, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 28
Posted By Pat[_11_]
Pedrestrian killed in England

In the cyclist's own words he says he could have slowed down but he
thought a shout would be enough. She died of head injuries when her
head struck the pavement. In one of the pictures of this girl...
Forum: General July 11th 08, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Pat[_11_]
This is the Bike Poll!

Well, what I mean is, we should approach the people and ask them, "Why
don't you ride a bike?" If they say, "Well, because it's dangerous out
there, stupid!" then the politicians go to work and fix...
Forum: General July 11th 08, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By Pat[_11_]
Two Afro-Caribeans Beat Up Young Blond Girl Riding Her Bicycle Home

Just wondering---if the female was 19 and the assailant males were 18-19,
why did you list her as "young girl" and them as "men" in your story? And,
how did you know where they were from? And why...
Forum: General July 3rd 08, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 54
Posted By Pat[_11_]
ISO Faithful Commuting Steed

Sounds like you're describing a DaHon. Or perhaps a used Bike Friday.

I have a Bike Friday Pocket Gnu. I got it because it will take wider tires
and is geared more like a mountain bike. After...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 58