Showing results 1 to 25 of 183
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Arthur Clune
Forum: UK March 28th 08, 04:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 17
Posted By Arthur Clune
Are Viking bikes good?

PhilD wrote:

I have never heard of Viking.

They are more famous for selling 99 quid bike shaped
objects.

I agree with everyone else that this looks very
overpriced fro what it is.
Forum: UK February 29th 08, 11:57 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Arthur Clune
Mont Ventoux anyone??

Munro wrote:

Has anybody here ridden up Mont. Ventoux? Can you shed any light on your
experience at the time? I plan to do the trip later this year, and any
tips you might have on bike...
Forum: UK January 18th 08, 11:51 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 48
Posted By Arthur Clune
Wafflycat in Cycling Weekly.

Peter Clinch wrote:

I guess if a TTer tries an Audax with no real Audax prep he's likely to
fail because he just can't keep going, where the Audax rider riding a 10
minute TT unprepared will...
Forum: UK January 15th 08, 04:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 48
Posted By Arthur Clune
Wafflycat in Cycling Weekly.

wafflycat wrote:

I did a 32:32. On my normal roadbike (Bianchi Via Nirone, entry-level road
bike) with some clip-on tribars attached.

That's a respectable time. You should be very pleased...
Forum: UK November 5th 07, 03:19 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Arthur Clune
Obscure eBay bikes

wrote:

Has anybody heard of these? I'm looking to get a road bike to get
started and was hoping to get a cheap-n-cheerful second hand job, but
often these new no-name...
Forum: UK November 2nd 07, 03:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 74
Posted By Arthur Clune
Car Clubs - A Cool Idea

In uk.rec.cycling Jym Dyer wrote:

=v= I know these services are eco-hyped, but are they in fact
reducing car ownership and car use?

My neighbours have joined our local one...
Forum: General November 2nd 07, 03:43 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 74
Posted By Arthur Clune
Car Clubs - A Cool Idea

In uk.rec.cycling Jym Dyer wrote:

=v= I know these services are eco-hyped, but are they in fact
reducing car ownership and car use?

My neighbours have joined our local one...
Forum: UK October 29th 07, 10:09 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Arthur Clune
Contacting an administrator

Paul Boyd wrote:
Arthur Clune said the following on 29/10/2007 14:04:

dannyfrankszzz wrote:

^^^ No he didn't, mb did.

Bwahahahahaha.
Please get a clue and...
Forum: UK October 29th 07, 03:04 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Arthur Clune
Contacting an administrator

Simon Brooke wrote:

There is no moderator. Welcome to the real world.

dannyfrankszzz wrote:

Bwahahahahaha.
Please get a clue and save yourself, before it's too late.
Forum: UK October 26th 07, 03:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Arthur Clune
Contacting an administrator

dannyfrankszzz wrote:

Hello moderator, feel free to delete this post as it's no longer
necessary.

You can't delete posts to netnews. To be fair to cyclingforums, they
do explain this in the...
Forum: UK October 26th 07, 10:45 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 74
Posted By Arthur Clune
Car Clubs - A Cool Idea

In uk.rec.cycling Tony Raven wrote:

I belong to Streetcar and it works very well. Doesn't replace my main

I've joined WizzGo in York and it's excellent.

Arthur

--...
Forum: General October 26th 07, 10:45 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 74
Posted By Arthur Clune
Car Clubs - A Cool Idea

In uk.rec.cycling Tony Raven wrote:

I belong to Streetcar and it works very well. Doesn't replace my main

I've joined WizzGo in York and it's excellent.

Arthur

--...
Forum: UK October 19th 07, 03:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Arthur Clune
Making a fixed-wheel bike

D.M. Procida wrote:

I thought bending was bad for frames, and was not advised. In fact in

I wasn't suggesting bending the frame (a PITA when changing the wheel
if nothing else) but getting a...
Forum: UK October 19th 07, 03:58 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Arthur Clune
Making a fixed-wheel bike

Rob Morley wrote:

If it's an old road frame it will be 126mm, or 120mm if it's very old.

Opps. That's what I meant. Sigh.

Arthur

Forum: UK October 19th 07, 01:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 20
Posted By Arthur Clune
Making a fixed-wheel bike

D.M. Procida wrote:

I konw it needs to have horizontal drop-outs. What about axle spacing?

Not a great problem. If it's an old road frame it'll either be 130mm or
(if very old 125mm), and I'm...
Forum: UK October 16th 07, 10:16 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Arthur Clune
Commuting on skinny tyres

wrote:
Thanks guys, I have Specialized Mondo's fitted as standard at the
moment but will buy Conti's in the future.

YMMV but I've found Conti tyres downright scary in the...
Forum: UK October 5th 07, 11:38 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 35
Posted By Arthur Clune
How to best handle threatening behavior from the local teenagers?

Duncan Smith wrote:
Over the last half year, while cycling home at night the local kids
have been displaying threatening behavior on average about once a
month. So far this has been:

Grim....
Forum: UK September 27th 07, 02:59 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 36
Posted By Arthur Clune
CTC - the premier campaigning uselessness for UK cyclists

Ian Jackson wrote:

Yes, I am. Do I have to give my membership number when I email them ?
It doesn't suggest on their website that I should.

It seems the obvious thing to do. Any membership...
Forum: UK September 25th 07, 09:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 36
Posted By Arthur Clune
CTC - the premier campaigning uselessness for UK cyclists

Ian Jackson wrote:
On the 5th of September I emailed :

As I've reported in the newsgroup cam.transport, I've had an appeal

Two points:

1) Are you a member? If not, it's...
Forum: UK September 4th 07, 10:08 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 97
Posted By Arthur Clune
We don't dent, we die.

Marc Brett wrote:

I tend to agree, but surely it'd be more enjoyable driving 'off road'
than on?

I'm sure it is, but I assume it's like MTB'ing where you always
need to like offroad...
Forum: UK August 31st 07, 03:57 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Arthur Clune
To the South of France on the train

D.M. Procida wrote:
Next August, we'd like to go to La Colle Sur Loup in the South of
France:

I've just down York-Valance with the bike, so here's some thoughts.

1) Change a Lille not in...
Forum: UK August 28th 07, 02:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Arthur Clune
RR Tan Hill Challenge (or: Another 200k audax, another DNF!)

Alistair Gunn wrote:
Memo to self - just because you can sustain ~30kph for ~15km doesn't mean
it's a good way to start a 200k audax. Neither does the fact that all
the uprights are doing it...
Forum: UK August 15th 07, 12:36 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 150
Posted By Arthur Clune
Idiots on the A1

mb wrote:

Shocking, cyclists on the road, whatever next.

Riding on the road is one thing. Holding a race on the
A1 is madness. But as long as uk time trialing is
fixated on set distances and...
Forum: UK August 6th 07, 02:00 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Arthur Clune
Carbon steerer problems... eek do I need a new fork?

Mark wrote:

So, now, when I take the stem off and look at the top of the steerer,
I can see that I've sort of dented and slightly squashed the top of
the steerer. :(

See if you can sell the...
Forum: UK August 2nd 07, 02:49 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 19
Posted By Arthur Clune
Hiring a fast bike?

news.plus.net wrote:

I'm not so affluent as to go out and buy a posh sports bike just to try it
out.

Find somewhere that has demo bikes to try.

In York, Cycle Heaven has Scott and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 183