Showing results 1 to 25 of 163
Search took 7.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: flyer
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By flyer
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

Man, it's been a while since I've posted here..

A neat thing about the R frame is that it will pack down into two small
tubes, and if you're looking for versatility you can always convert it
back to...
Forum: Unicycling September 2nd 08, 11:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By flyer
Kenda Kikzumbut vs. Primo The Wall tire?

when running at 80+ psi, the tires perform very similarly to me. The
Kenda has a bit softer rubber compound but I find it's still a great
freestyle tire.

If you find a tire that you can wheelwalk...
Forum: Unicycling August 29th 08, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By flyer
How to drill a nightrider 36 rim?

Okay, so an update on this. I drilled 34 (decided it was unwise to widen
the valve hole or drill a huge hole over the rim join) 3/4" (1.9cm)
holes in my nightrider. It looks pretty badass, and I'll...
Forum: Unicycling August 29th 08, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By flyer
Specifications of your dream unicycle

My dream uni would be a geared coker with a 2kg wheel. lighter is
better!

--
flyer
flyer's Profile:...

Just give me a shout if you're in st. john's, there's a nice loop around
here that I like to ride.

You've got my contact info!

--...
Forum: Unicycling August 25th 08, 11:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By flyer
New Zealand lodging

At the workshop they had at unicon 14, Ken was saying that they might
try to organize group discounts at 'backpackers' (I'm assuming this is
like a cheap hotel or hostel?), but that it was not likely...
Forum: Unicycling August 21st 08, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By flyer
Shipping Case/Bag 4 Travel

the largest mygpack I think would work. I have one for a freestyle and I
just checked it as baggage, nobody had any issue with it. I (perhaps
unwisely) didn't even take the pedals off!

--...
Forum: Unicycling August 19th 08, 12:01 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By flyer
Schlumpf gear change - how best to adjust your cadence?

the key is in where the freewheeling comes from. If you use your hands
and shift up, pressing back slightly on the pedals in one direction
results in immediate engagement while the other will...
Forum: Unicycling August 17th 08, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By flyer
Spooner

It does seem like a steep price to pay at first, especially when looking
at it - but frankly after using one on Roger's MUni to ride the downhill
at unicon, I can see why you would get one....
Forum: Unicycling August 17th 08, 07:34 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By flyer
Ti Nimbus?

the hub was not kh Ti, but if it were you could put stronger cranks on
and still be below 4k though.

I lifted it, it's stupidly light.

--...
Forum: Unicycling August 17th 08, 07:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By flyer
How to drill a nightrider 36 rim?

I'll just go the hockey tape route - it's plentiful in canada :P

--
flyer
flyer's Profile:...
Replies: 33
Posted By flyer
How to drill a nightrider 36 rim?

If you use hockey tape, and the rim is drilled all the way through,
would water getting in at the tape be an issue? Could you stretch a 24"
'thick' (for drilled rims) rim tape over it and still be...
Forum: Unicycling August 15th 08, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By flyer
How to drill a nightrider 36 rim?

Might be wise if one were to use hockey tape not to drill the outside of
the rim, lest water get in and cause the tape to be less sticky?

I'm thinking I will drill some smallish holes between the...
Forum: Unicycling August 15th 08, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By flyer
How to drill a nightrider 36 rim?

Might be wise if one were to use hockey tape not to drill the outside of
the rim, lest water get in and cause the tape to be less sticky?

I'm thinking I will drill some smallish holes between the...
Forum: Unicycling August 13th 08, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By flyer
How to drill a nightrider 36 rim?

that would really make braking an experience.

Glad to hear others have been thinking of the same thing though..

--...
Forum: Unicycling August 12th 08, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 33
Posted By flyer
How to drill a nightrider 36 rim?

Hey guys, figured I'd ask people who know more than me about this before
actually doing something (and besides I'm a few thousand kms from my 36
with this rim on anyhow..).

I heard from Sam W...
Forum: Unicycling August 11th 08, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 30
Posted By flyer
10 Flatland Levels

I think levels are great. I followed the IUF levels for the first bit of
learning I did on a unicycle because they give you ideas on where to
head and roughly outline what things are harder than...
Forum: Unicycling August 11th 08, 08:32 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By flyer
Trip Across Canada

Seriously, when? I've been seriously considering this for some time. I'm
with jordan above me. Dates? Routes? :)

--...
Forum: Unicycling August 9th 08, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 58
Posted By flyer
Who still has their Unicon 14 wristband?

The last time I went to an event like unicon (okay sorta - juggling
convetion) the band was way less cool and I still wore it for like two
months. This one should last waaay longer!

--...
Forum: Unicycling July 30th 08, 09:28 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By flyer
Unicon 14: Marathon results

Dave Cox checkin' in here - I was on a 36 fixie if you'd like to update
that.

Can't wait to see how things change up for unicon 15 :p

edit: I believe tue was on a 36 fixed as well.

--
flyer
Forum: Unicycling July 20th 08, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I've had a 29'er tube in my dave stockton wheel for probably two years
now, and I really notice the difference between it and my 36 tube in my
rtl nightrider. I'm actually going to go pick up a 29'er...
Forum: Unicycling July 13th 08, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By flyer
Norco Beginner to Trials conversion

there's 2mm in the difference. It's less of an issue with ungeared hubs
as teh bearings are less sensitive, but it can still cause issues I
beleive.

fyi, ISIS hubs are 42mm bearings, cotterless are...
Forum: Unicycling July 7th 08, 12:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By flyer
Engaged on a muni ride

Congrats guys! Awesome news! :)

--
flyer
flyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9894

I'm not sure that I'd ride much taller than a 10' giraffe.

I have a nimbus performer (dual chan, modular) with extensions to run
it up to a nine footer when I feel like it, which is not too...
Forum: Unicycling July 3rd 08, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By flyer
Custom Made Titanium Frame's and Seatpost's

I would love to see a ti freestyle frame as well. It would be great if
the dimensions could be similar to the new nimbus freestyle (which is
copied from other frames, just using a refrerence) with...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 163