Showing results 1 to 25 of 56
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: res09c5t
Forum: Techniques May 8th 09, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By res09c5t
Park Tool Master Link Pliers for chains

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
Park Tool Master Link Pliers for chains
Forum: Marketplace April 27th 09, 12:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By res09c5t
Looking for Specialized "pop-top" waterbottles

I just found some at Excel Sports so I am good. Thanks!
Lyle

"res09c5t" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm looking for the...
Forum: Techniques April 27th 09, 11:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 47
Posted By res09c5t
recommend a good basic bike chain

Or, if the one you are taking off worked fine, make it the same length as
the old one.

"landotter" wrote in message...
Forum: Marketplace April 25th 09, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 1
Posted By res09c5t
Looking for Specialized "pop-top" waterbottles

Hi,
I'm looking for the bottles that Specialized made a few years ago that have
the lid that snaps on and off and is connected to the bottle. With the
newer screw-cap ones, I keep loosing the lids...
Forum: Techniques April 14th 09, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17
Posted By res09c5t
unbrazing stops, bosses and other braze ons.

Do you file the entire stop away or can you get it loose somehow and then
just file off the silver/brass?
Thanks!

"AMuzi" wrote in message...
Forum: Techniques January 6th 09, 11:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By res09c5t
wire tire bead punctured inner tube

"Dan O" wrote in message I rode in to work this
morning just fine, and parked my bike. I went
to get on it this afternoon and the rear tire was flat. Pulled the
tube...
Forum: Marketplace December 13th 08, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By res09c5t
FS: BB and Crank tools

Hi,
I've got several Park Tools for sale. Cleaning out my extras. These are in
very good used condition. Prices include shipping by USPS first class mail
in the continental US.

Park CCP-2 Crank...
Forum: Techniques December 3rd 08, 11:01 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By res09c5t
Wattage and calories?

"Woland99" wrote in message Nice! so basically I was
getting numbers of calories burnt that a
sumo wrestler on a bike would burn. No wonder I felt free to be on
a sumo...
Forum: Techniques October 26th 08, 10:32 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By res09c5t
7, 8/9 and 10 speed cassette widths?

wrote in message news:5d95cc6c- I can't find any
information on the spacing of a 7 speed vs a 8/9
speed cassette.

Hi,
If I understand the question, Sheldon has the...
Forum: Marketplace September 12th 08, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By res09c5t
FS: Park BB and Crank Tools

Hi,
I've got several Park Tools for sale. Cleaning out my extras. These are in
very good used condition. Prices include shipping by USPS first class mail
in the continental US.

Park CCP-2 Crank...
Forum: Techniques September 5th 08, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By res09c5t
Freewheel removal for SRAM

I believe it is the same as Shimano.

"Ron" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a Sram 9 Speed...
Forum: Marketplace August 26th 08, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By res09c5t
Cobbles Baby! $15 shipped

Cobbles Baby!- Scott Coady's Paris-Roubaux Adventure, 2006

Excellent condition. Has been watched once. $15 shipped by medial mail in
the CONUS. Paypal accepted

In case you aren't familiar with...
Forum: Marketplace August 26th 08, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By res09c5t
Performance Ripstop Rain Pants- Yellow L and XXL $12 each shipped.

Hi,
I've got two pairs of Performance Ripstop Rain Pants. These are made of
nylon with a ripstop grid in the fabric. We bought these new in 2001. I
don't think the L has ever been worn, I think...
Forum: Techniques August 21st 08, 12:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By res09c5t
What to check on used suspension fork?

Hi,
I'm a roadie building my first mountain bike. I'm going to take a look at a
used suspension fork tonight. RockShox Tora. What should I look for-
things like length of steering tube, cracks...
Forum: Techniques August 9th 08, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By res09c5t
spoke count- MTB vs Road?

Hi all,
I'm a roadie who's thinking about building a mountain bike. I'm a bit of a
Clydesdale, about 6'3" and 220 lbs. On my road bike, I use 36 spoke, 3x
cross wheels that I built using Mavic...
Forum: Techniques July 23rd 08, 11:03 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By res09c5t
tips on refinishing campy SR groupo?

"sluggo" wrote in message

Anyone hear or know of the option to get sown leather handlebar grip? The
bike came with...
Forum: Techniques July 19th 08, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By res09c5t
Anyone replace Phil BB bearings themselves?

Hi,
I need to change out the bearings in a Phil BB. In the past, I have mailed
them in to Phil and have also tried having a local bearing shop change them
out. I thought I wanted to look into...
Forum: Techniques June 4th 08, 11:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By res09c5t
Chainring: what is this for?

"RS" wrote in message
part 3-N1798440. I think the $119 price tag is wishfull thinking. Its
new
in a sealed...
Forum: Techniques April 23rd 08, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By res09c5t
lickton's gets no more business from me!

I've used Lickton's for years and have gotten good prices and good service.
Anyone will occasionally have a problem getting a part in but they've been
pretty proactive in notifying me and asking if...
Forum: Techniques April 23rd 08, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By res09c5t
Bearings needed to rebuild Speedplay Frog pedals

I did basically the same thing back in Nov, 2006. I found them online from
vxb.com and got a little better price, especially on a quantity which can
help with shipping. I don't have good access...
Forum: Techniques March 1st 08, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By res09c5t
Sachs / Shimano 8-Speed Compatibility

I seem to remember that Sachs had an 80's (or 90's) gruppo that had
Campagnolo-made brifters, but they were made to be compatible with
their own derailleurs and also with Shimano 8-speed systems....
Forum: Techniques February 28th 08, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By res09c5t
Reliable mail-order sources of components/frames/accessories?

..
another good source is www.lickbike.com

Good pricing and they can get a lot of items that aren't on their website
Forum: Techniques February 23rd 08, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By res09c5t
Winter Tires (was: Reckless, Aggressive Drivers: Homegrown Terrorists)

I have a cow orker with skinny studded nokians. They're 700c's, not 26".
Don't know.

LOL! "cow orker"???
Forum: General February 23rd 08, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 227
Posted By res09c5t
Winter Tires (was: Reckless, Aggressive Drivers: Homegrown Terrorists)

I have a cow orker with skinny studded nokians. They're 700c's, not 26".
Don't know.

LOL! "cow orker"???
Forum: Techniques February 18th 08, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By res09c5t
Brooks repair in the colonies?

A Cursory search shows some places in the UK where one can send his
saddle in for repair, but is there anyplace that springs to mind on
this side of the pond before I consider the shipping...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 56