Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: trino
Forum: General July 14th 06, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Posted By trino
Riding in Scandanavia

"Cathy Kearns" wrote in message

"landotter" wrote in message
Forum: General July 13th 06, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Posted By trino
Riding in Scandanavia

Nix on the books
I can buy a map on the day I get there.
thanks all the same

"HANDSOME PRINCE" wrote in message
Forum: Techniques July 13th 06, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By trino
Cateye Game Bike

no it is not spam
I noticed alot of people here not motivated so since I believe in good
health and fitness for everybody I was just passing it on.
There is a health section in our ch.9 news with a...
Forum: Techniques July 13th 06, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By trino
Biker's Diet

Does anyone know how much calories they are burning then?
Over eating may be an emotional, or conditioned response. You can read
about it or see a professional if the help here does not do it for...
Forum: General July 13th 06, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Posted By trino
Riding in Scandanavia

What about the cross country bike routes. Does that exist?
thanks

like those, for a really fair price. The Transfer, for $600 has a 7spd
Nexus, and the Fusion has a Nexus 8 and built in generator...
Forum: Techniques July 13th 06, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By trino
Cateye Game Bike

Did they get the $1100 or $1600 model. Looked like everyone had fun on the
news. The fitness, cheapo model, looks like no fun though.

"Frank Drackman" wrote in message...
Forum: General July 13th 06, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 22
Posted By trino
Riding in Scandanavia

Hi Cathy
Thanks for the report
I thought Scandinavia had cycle routes cross country too.
Did you hear about those. I was planning on living there sometime because
of the dedicated bike...
Forum: Techniques July 12th 06, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By trino
Biker's Diet

and had eggs, bacon, fruit, raw vegetables,
and sandwiches (w/low carb tortillas).

Was that breakfast or all day? Wish I could eat that little in a day.
Forum: Techniques July 12th 06, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By trino
Biker's Diet

Yes I mean density. You can still get thin and stay the same weight which
is when people like the OP get frustrated about it.
As long as muscle is replacing the fat and you gain even more muscle...
Forum: Techniques July 11th 06, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 26
Posted By trino
Freewheel Removal

Is it a free hub?

http://www.bicycling.com/article/0,6610,s1-5-32-7466-1,00.html

tools
Bicycle Freewheels
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/freewheels.html#remove

"bktourer1" ...
Forum: Techniques July 11th 06, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By trino
Biker's Diet

russell said
So you will have to increase your weekly mileage
from 200 to 280 and make sure you are riding racer fast for all of
those miles to take off 1 pound a week.

Actually it is not the...
Forum: Techniques July 11th 06, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By trino
Cateye Game Bike

Not trying to sell anything. Looks like fun. Motivation in a video game.
Cateye GameBike Fitness, Bicycle Trainer
http://www.beyondmoseying.com/cateye-game-bike-fitness.html

Very reasonable $349...
Forum: Techniques July 11th 06, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 34
Posted By trino
Biker's Diet

"Mark" wrote in message
ackfugue wrote:
I'm sure this question has been asked a million and...
Forum: General July 11th 06, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 21
Posted By trino
Really sore thighs......

Unless you get pulled by riding close behind someone
they should not miind much

"* * Chas" wrote in message

"greggery...
Forum: Techniques July 11th 06, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By trino
Mashing vs Circles -- same efficiency?

Is mashing the same as punching at the top of the arc for efficiency. Like
mashing only forward instead of down. Just adds another skill under my
belt.
How does triangle work BTW.

"sally"...
Forum: Techniques July 10th 06, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By trino
Weight specs/TREK 7200

How fat are the narrow slicks?
You cannot pump 60lb tires to 100 lbs. That is the difference with road
style not mtb style tires. I fear the espeed calculator does not use those
tires.
My bike...
Forum: General July 10th 06, 07:55 PM Posted to bc.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By trino
you can't imagine

ONE TIRED GUY
http://beyondgravity.com/otg/
Forum: General July 10th 06, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By trino
please advise - trainer, lifecycle, etc., for home exercise

to save space get liquid rollers. Cheaper too. Just use your own bike.

wrote in message
Hi, I'm 51, live in NYC...
Forum: Techniques July 10th 06, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By trino
Weight specs/TREK 7200

I put panaracer pansela 26" x 1.25 on my Trek 4100 and it flys cause of the
100 lbs pressure. Still a 35 lb monster though compared to the Trek 1500 at
22 lbs. They are kevlar belted by the way...
Forum: General July 10th 06, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 21
Posted By trino
Really sore thighs......

Calcium in any form is my way of keeping muscles uncramped.
Are you eating less cheese these days.
4 scoops of gatorade sounds a bit extreme though.

"Never Enough Money" wrote...
Forum: General July 10th 06, 06:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 34
Posted By trino
Working on bike yourself - thing of the past?

There are probably still people out there that would pay for someone to
shift gears for them too. LBS just hasn't thought of it yet. ; o

"greggery peccary" .@. wrote in message...
Forum: Techniques July 10th 06, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By trino
Loose brake lever

If you lift away the lever to see the handlebar underneath there is a screw
which tightens the fastening around the bar holding the lever. Should be a
way to look inside by switching something out...
Forum: General July 10th 06, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By trino
Distracted Drivers

When you look into a car and see the driver talking on a phone,
you can take extra precautions to protect yourself.

If there is nothing to
see, you are vulnerable and helpless.
Yeah, if you...
Forum: Techniques July 10th 06, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By trino
Weight specs/TREK 7200

I guess you meant 7200 Forget previous post
Now I'm wondering what to do with the
TREK 1500. I think I'll sell it using Craigslist.com or

TREK 1500. I think I'll sell it using Craigslist.com or...
Forum: Techniques July 10th 06, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By trino
Weight specs/TREK 7200

No, I have a Trek 1500 and the specs are on Trek's website. I know it is
22 lbs. with just the original stuff on it. It is just a beautiful bike in
my opinion but cannot afford to have...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26