Showing results 1 to 25 of 218
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Shane Stanley
Forum: Australia December 31st 08, 05:51 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By Shane Stanley
Another tragedy on Beach Road

In article ,
"hemyd" wrote:

Was the driver charged, or not?

Yes:...
Forum: Australia November 21st 08, 10:17 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By Shane Stanley
Update on UK online bike parts suppliers

In article ,
Patrick Keogh wrote:

I placed an order for around A$500 worth of bits (covering Shimano,
Assos, Park Tool, Continental...
Forum: Australia June 5th 08, 06:48 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 44
Posted By Shane Stanley
Ride of Silence 2008

In article
,
Simon wrote:

I guess one thing that gets me is that the AFP didn't want to even
Forum: Australia May 22nd 08, 02:05 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 30
Posted By Shane Stanley
Bourke Street Bicycle Road

In article ,
Zebee Johnstone wrote:

The council didn't ask. Or if they did, they asked BNSW who have
never said no to any cycling facility...
Forum: Australia April 14th 08, 12:21 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By Shane Stanley
PeterSig - Generator lights -- Thank you!!

In article ,
"Theo Bekkers" wrote:

when I'm
confronted by a rim and a hub and have decided on a 3 cross, how do I decide
what...
Forum: Australia December 7th 07, 10:09 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 12
Posted By Shane Stanley
buying a cheap road bike

In article ,
"Rex" wrote:

Also - some Giant OC3's are selling for $600+. A new one from a bike shop is
only a couple...
Forum: Australia October 17th 07, 03:18 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By Shane Stanley
Who is going for free grub tomorrow ??

In article ,
PiledHigher wrote:

How was Fred Square?

Jam packed.

--
Shane Stanley
Forum: Australia October 15th 07, 09:22 AM Posted to aus.bicycle

In article ,
MikeyOz wrote:

It is a bit unfair though, I+others got abused by a pedestrian...
Forum: Australia October 15th 07, 09:19 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 33
Posted By Shane Stanley
Passing commuters

In article ,
thefathippy wrote:

"nearly missing"?

Sorry -- narrowly missing.

--
Shane Stanley
Forum: Australia October 15th 07, 03:32 AM Posted to aus.bicycle

In article ,
DaveB wrote:

I had a series of a variation on this on Beach Rd yesterday.

Ah, Beach Road...
Forum: Australia October 10th 07, 12:23 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 29
Posted By Shane Stanley
What bike lock?

In article ,
Donga wrote:

I have an old Kryptonite U-lock but have heard about opening these
with a Bic...
Forum: Australia October 6th 07, 12:00 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 15
From: "wmharrison" [email protected] Let me start by saying I am a police officer from Perth

In article ,
Zebee Johnstone wrote:

I dunno how many times a given cyclist is going to hit their heads.

The suggestion was that the threshold...
Forum: Australia October 6th 07, 07:46 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 15
From: "wmharrison" [email protected] Let me start by saying I am a police officer from Perth

In article ,
Zebee Johnstone wrote:

If you don't have
MRI or ultrasound showing contusions on the brain, then you weren't
in danger of more...
Forum: Australia October 3rd 07, 08:10 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Shane Stanley
Wuide wheel option in 700C?

In article , (Budding Tourer)
wrote:

Can wider rims be bought? I reckon that somewhere between 1.25" and 1.5"
in old measure would be about right and...
Forum: Australia September 27th 07, 11:55 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 14
Posted By Shane Stanley
How come non mention on Cadel in Spain?

In article ,
rooman wrote:

And he should take out Australian Cyclist of the Year.

He'd have to be the...
Forum: Australia August 27th 07, 06:50 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 38
Posted By Shane Stanley
Magpies! Known swoopers??

In article ,
MikeyOz wrote:

For example, I have never been attacked at any time
around Mt...
Forum: Australia August 25th 07, 12:41 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Shane Stanley
considering first road bike

In article ,
Hamish Moffatt wrote:

Maybe the 2007 OCR-2 would be a good choice then, at $1400 for the
Tiagra parts with...
Forum: Australia August 24th 07, 01:50 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Shane Stanley
considering first road bike

In article ,
Donga wrote:

Especially since 105 is less than $700 all up! It must not be the same
frame,...
Forum: Australia August 21st 07, 04:45 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 202
Posted By Shane Stanley
SA - Road safety program launched with a focus on cyclists

In article ,
Patrick Turner wrote:

Thanks for the link, but there's far more there than I have time to
read.

With respect,...
Forum: Australia August 21st 07, 04:43 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 202
Posted By Shane Stanley
SA - Road safety program launched with a focus on cyclists

In article ,
Zebee Johnstone wrote:

I'd presume this work has been done for Australia, is it easily
available?

What there is is in the...
Forum: Australia August 21st 07, 01:21 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 202
Posted By Shane Stanley
SA - Road safety program launched with a focus on cyclists

In article ,
EuanB wrote:

Surely the ratio per hour and the ratio per km would be different, no?

No....
Forum: Australia August 20th 07, 01:06 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 202
Posted By Shane Stanley
SA - Road safety program launched with a focus on cyclists

In article ,
EuanB wrote:

Per 100,000 hrs exposure and per 100,000 kms travelled you're
aproximately...
Forum: Australia August 16th 07, 01:03 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By Shane Stanley
Hit and Run in Melbourne

In article ,
"Gags" wrote:

I have been riding around for the last couple of days on the lookout for a
maroon car with scratches on...
Forum: Australia August 10th 07, 05:41 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By Shane Stanley
Orders from Probike kit? How long?

In article ,
Andrew Priest wrote:

That is great IF it was a personal reply. You don't indicate if it is
or not.

Sorry, I...
Forum: Australia August 10th 07, 12:49 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 13
Posted By Shane Stanley
Orders from Probike kit? How long?

In article ,
Donga wrote:

Another dud thing about PBK is they don't send you an order
confirmation, sent...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 218