Showing results 1 to 25 of 68
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Grolch
Forum: General May 30th 07, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 37
Posted By Grolch
Dutch bike culture, from an outsider's perspective

"Grolch" wrote in message
Well, as a dutch born (Boxtel, NB) immigrant to Canada. I remember well my
early days in Richmond...
Forum: General May 30th 07, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 37
Posted By Grolch
Dutch bike culture, from an outsider's perspective

Well, as a dutch born (Boxtel, NB) immigrant to Canada. I remember well my
early days in Richmond British Columbia. Richmond, a suburb of Vancouver is
a river delta island thus all flat and...
Forum: General May 15th 07, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 26
Posted By Grolch
Question about cycling caps

"Just A User" wrote in message
I just starting wearing one to deal with head moisture management a few
rides ago....
Forum: General May 2nd 07, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 243
Posted By Grolch
Cyclist Road Rage

wrote in message
I am not a cyclist so would like to know if I did the right thing. I
drove home at 5:30 which is...
Forum: Marketplace April 27th 07, 02:35 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.marketplace
Replies: 7
Posted By Grolch
Want to Sell My USX Understeer Recumbent Tricyle Sacramento Area

Isn't that the model that weighs about 65lbs?

wrote in message
2004 year model, has 600 miles on it,...
Forum: Recumbent Biking April 27th 07, 02:35 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.marketplace

wrote in message
2004 year model, has 600 miles on it,...
Forum: Techniques April 13th 07, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 229
Posted By Grolch
Recumbents dorky - think again

Thank you Doug, all of your points are excellent, I concur totally. BTW, my
bent is a trike, some of the balance/new rider issues don't apply.

Grolch

"DougC" wrote in...
Forum: Techniques April 13th 07, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 229
Posted By Grolch
Recumbents dorky - think again

"lightninglad" wrote in message

I'm sure your recumbents will be welcome! It's dead flat!

No,...
Forum: Techniques March 24th 07, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Grolch
Dang, this is depressing!

"richard" wrote in message
Yeah, for some reason, I continue to follow bike stuff (this group,
racing, rec...
Forum: Recumbent Biking March 19th 07, 06:58 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 2
Posted By Grolch
sun protective clothing

How about www.FearTheSun.com

wrote in message
HI,

I have been buying sun protective clothing for my...
Forum: Recumbent Biking March 16th 07, 11:01 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 11
Posted By Grolch
What would be your response?

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote in message
In alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent on Fri, 16 Mar 2007 17:59:22 -0400
bcps wrote:

Forum: Techniques March 9th 07, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By Grolch
tips on painting frame

Imron, and other catalysed polyurethanes have isocyanates as part of the
catalyst. Isocyanates WILL sensitize people. When that happens you will
react virtually instantly to ANY level of exposure....
Forum: Recumbent Biking February 28th 07, 02:53 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 25
Posted By Grolch
Tyres for distance

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
On Feb 26, 12:10 pm, "Grolch" ...
Forum: Recumbent Biking February 26th 07, 06:10 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 25
Posted By Grolch
Tyres for distance

I had my Catrike Road fitted with Big Apples. Between the rigid frame,
Aluminum material and the fact that you can't "unweight" a recumbent, I
wanted some cushioning action. I run them between 40...
Forum: UK February 16th 07, 04:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 48
Posted By Grolch
scorpion recumbent trike

Why not the Catrike? That's what I ended up buying. Consistently high
ratings from the bent world. Their CaTrike TRAIL Model at about 31lbs and
US$ 2000 or so could be shipped easily. I got the...
Forum: Recumbent Biking February 16th 07, 04:05 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 25
Posted By Grolch
scorpion recumbent trike

Why not the Catrike? That's what I ended up buying. Consistently high
ratings from the bent world. Their CaTrike TRAIL Model at about 31lbs and
US$ 2000 or so could be shipped easily. I got the...
Forum: Techniques February 9th 07, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Grolch
Drop-out paint question

Anyone have a suggestion as to how best to paint it rather than telling me
don't need to paint it?

Original question:
"Original is a high gloss black, large chip down to bare...
Forum: Techniques February 7th 07, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Posted By Grolch
Does painting clear over old bikes protect from rust well enough?

Clear coat will protect the surface from any corrosion provided there is
enough DFT (Dry Film Thickness). The clear coat protects the surface on a
strictly barrier mechanism. That is to say, if you...
Forum: Recumbent Biking January 26th 07, 04:32 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 31
Posted By Grolch
Commuting Alternative?

On 2007-01-25 19:29:47 +0000, "Grolch"...
Forum: Recumbent Biking January 26th 07, 12:54 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 24
Posted By Grolch
Fear of Flying

Well having a tadpole trike (Catrike Road) and having crashed it within a
month of getting it let me chime in with some observations. The only
stability problems I've encountered are the "brake...
Forum: Recumbent Biking January 25th 07, 07:29 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 31
Posted By Grolch
Commuting Alternative?

On 2007-01-25 17:47:19 +0000, "stratrider" ...
Forum: Techniques January 22nd 07, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 48
Posted By Grolch
Converting mountain bike into commuter bike

If you want to drag around the extra weight S forks have be my friggin
guest, why not go for a full huk. I see it as the equivolent of driving a
Hummer in town. Where's the riding skills?, Me, full...
Forum: General January 19th 07, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By Grolch
Cure for cold toes when it's freezing

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote in message
This morning I added something new to my cold-weather arsenal. Hopefully
all...
Forum: Techniques January 19th 07, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 48
Posted By Grolch
Converting mountain bike into commuter bike

"* * Chas" wrote in message

"landotter" wrote in message
Forum: Recumbent Biking January 18th 07, 04:21 AM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 0
Posted By Grolch
Electric Trike

Neat video on Youtube,