Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: patrick
Forum: Techniques April 9th 18, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By patrick
Make SoCal cycling great again

On Sunday, April 8, 2018 at 8:30:10 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
http://ktla.com/2018/04/07/with-homeless-population-still-in-limbo-part-of-santa-ana-river-trail-reopens-to-recreation/

Forum: Techniques February 1st 18, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By patrick
grade (and material) of ball bearings for freehub rebuild

On Thursday, February 1, 2018 at 12:43:09 PM UTC-8, patrick wrote:
I have an oem wheel that I'm having trouble replacing the freehub so I took apart the freehub and found .125" ball bearings. What...
Forum: Techniques February 1st 18, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 2
Posted By patrick
grade (and material) of ball bearings for freehub rebuild

I have an oem wheel that I'm having trouble replacing the freehub so I took apart the freehub and found .125" ball bearings. What grade of ball bearing will suffice for such an application. In...
Forum: Techniques January 31st 18, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By patrick
average lifespan of a rear derailleur

I'm wondering if the fact that I wet lube the pivots might be beckoning the grit into the joints- accelerating the demise of the pivot pins. Perhaps I should be lubing with a dry lube or very...
Forum: Techniques January 30th 18, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By patrick
average lifespan of a rear derailleur

I bought a used but never assembled performer recumbent bike (one of 2 the guy was selling) and apparently he mixed the components- I got a sram x5 derailleur and a sram attack shifter (meant for...
Forum: Techniques July 26th 17, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By patrick
using 8 sp fr der with all the rest being 10-11 speed

So what problems might I encounter in using a 8sp front derailleur (in this case a triple road der.) with all the rest being 10 or 11 speed equip. Looking for a large capacity in the front and was...
Forum: Techniques March 13th 17, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By patrick
Shifter cables 1.1mm vs 1.2mm

Re; the use of 1.1 vs 1.2mm cable- I had a rocket 9 sp twist shifter on a (yeah, I know) swb recumbent that required 1.1 mm cable. Couldn't get 1.2 through the shifter assembly. Now using a cheap...
Forum: Techniques May 8th 16, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By patrick
Plastic coated cables

On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 7:05:42 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
All of my bikes have plastic lined brake and shift cable housings
(casings?). I have seen plastic coated cables and wonder whether...
Forum: Techniques October 15th 15, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By patrick
Chosen hubs?

and the freaking company still has yet to respond to a simple email (now on #3) query as to availability of parts (despite the fact they show the hub body as available in their online current...
Forum: Techniques October 9th 15, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By patrick
Chosen hubs?

On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 5:45:07 PM UTC-7, patrick wrote:
I have a Chosen (taiwan) rear hub equipped bike that needs a new freehub- the silly little spring that holds the 3 pawls in position...
Forum: Techniques October 9th 15, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By patrick
Chosen hubs?

I have a Chosen (taiwan) rear hub equipped bike that needs a new freehub- the silly little spring that holds the 3 pawls in position and provides the force needed to pivots said pawls gave up the...
Forum: Techniques December 24th 11, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 144
Posted By patrick
Road bike fit

origin-8 makes a 110/74 triple crank in 145/155/165mm arm length-
square taper. Nothing to write home about regarding the finish ,mine
were ( i bought all 3 sizes) powder coated almost pebbly finish...
Forum: Techniques August 26th 11, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By patrick
7 spd Shimano shifting trouble

Shimano and sram shifters pull different amounts of cable so if yer
mixing the shifters and der of the 2 manufacturers, you need the
shifter that's compatible with the der. The sram twist shifters...
Forum: Techniques July 19th 11, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By patrick
sun cr18 26" rim- tire friendly?

At the back of any bike shop, there's gonna be a stack of used tires.
Fool around and see if there's a brand that's easy to mount. Mind,
used tires will be easier to mount than new, and that...
Forum: Techniques July 19th 11, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By patrick
sun cr18 26" rim- tire friendly?

I have a sun chinook rim used on a older (late 80's bike- suntour 7
speed equipped) that's going to need replacement . Despite the
sometimes wee bit difficult install of some tires (tioga...
Forum: Techniques April 19th 11, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 20
Posted By patrick
Wireless computer interference

Wasn't there something about led lighting and wireless interference?
You mentioned late night early morning rides...
Pat
Forum: Techniques March 7th 11, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 4
Posted By patrick
printing a bike

http://www.theengineer.co.uk/design-engineering/news/eads-unveils-bicycle-that-is-grown-from-fine-powder/1007706.article
Pat
Forum: General August 22nd 09, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 8
Posted By patrick
Need bungee material for bike rack

also called "shock cord"
Forum: Techniques July 30th 09, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By patrick
loose screws/bike tools etc.?

So what's the deal with the 2 businesses located in ashland, oregon
offering very similar services. Started by the same persons that went
their separate way? Pat- who just did bidness with both and...
Forum: Techniques June 18th 09, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By patrick
small o/a torch preferences?

Hello; I'm considering a project- a recumbent and am looking at
buying a small o/a torch for the building of said bike (likely a tour
easy clone). There's 3 commonly available torches with the ...
Forum: General June 14th 09, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 10
Posted By patrick
Costco outshining the Lowe's Task Force Cree LED flashlight?

regarding the intermittent lighting. I found that if you unscrew the
tailcap , look at the threaded disc inside, is it loose or possibly
contaminated? I unsrewed the tailcap , used some solvent to...
Forum: Techniques January 28th 09, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 54
Posted By patrick
cycling gloves- questions

What are riders preferences in cycling gloves. Leather palm (what
kind of leather), synthetic leather and about padding (the
conventional foam or the gel, or none) Then, if leather , what about
the...
Forum: Techniques November 11th 08, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 19
Posted By patrick
knee warmers?

anybody have a favorite knee warmer (brand)? 57 and a couple knee ops
to the right knee seem to have made it a bit cranky (actually less
cranky) due to lower temps. Suggestions? Be nice.... Pat
Forum: Recumbent Biking September 21st 08, 09:14 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 4
Posted By patrick
RANS stratus bottom bracket dimension?

Did you try contacting RANS - back in the day they used to answer such
questions?

On a technical note, the damage to the bottom bracket bearings was most
likely due to corrosion and/or...
Forum: Recumbent Biking September 21st 08, 03:22 PM Posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Replies: 4
Posted By patrick
rans stratus bottom bracket dimension?

On Sep 20, 8:13 am, patrick wrote:
I have a rans stratus- circa late 80's, has a bottom bracket with a
spindle and loose bearings. Not a cartridge bottom bracket (though
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30