Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 1.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: pinnah
Forum: UK October 18th 06, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 212
Posted By pinnah
What is the ideal cycling jacket (for UK commuting)

"ship" wrote:
Conclusion:

Professionals dont enjoy getting wet (and cold) (for prolonged
lengths of time) any more than anyone else AND it slows them down
big time.

I think...
Forum: Techniques October 18th 06, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 204

"ship" wrote:
Conclusion:

Professionals dont enjoy getting wet (and cold) (for prolonged
lengths of time) any more than anyone else AND it slows them down
big time.

I think...
Forum: General October 18th 06, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 213

"ship" wrote:
Conclusion:

Professionals dont enjoy getting wet (and cold) (for prolonged
lengths of time) any more than anyone else AND it slows them down
big time.

I think...
Forum: General October 18th 06, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 213
Posted By pinnah
What is the ideal cycling jacket (for UK commuting)

"ship" wrote:
Okay put it another way, what do professionals do when they
have to TRAIN in the wet?

Pros don't worry about being wet. All that is needed is to stay
comfortably...
Forum: Techniques October 18th 06, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc

"ship" wrote:
Okay put it another way, what do professionals do when they
have to TRAIN in the wet?

Pros don't worry about being wet. All that is needed is to stay
comfortably...
Forum: UK October 18th 06, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc

"ship" wrote:
Okay put it another way, what do professionals do when they
have to TRAIN in the wet?

Pros don't worry about being wet. All that is needed is to stay
comfortably...
Forum: UK October 18th 06, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 212
Posted By pinnah
What is the ideal cycling jacket (for UK commuting)

"ship" wrote:
We can put rockets on the moon but we STILL cant make a waterproof
highly breathable jacket. I'd call it pretty pathetic!

Naw. You can easily outsweat *any*...
Forum: Techniques October 18th 06, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc

"ship" wrote:
We can put rockets on the moon but we STILL cant make a waterproof
highly breathable jacket. I'd call it pretty pathetic!

Naw. You can easily outsweat *any*...
Forum: General October 18th 06, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc

"ship" wrote:
We can put rockets on the moon but we STILL cant make a waterproof
highly breathable jacket. I'd call it pretty pathetic!

Naw. You can easily outsweat *any*...
Forum: UK October 18th 06, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 212
Posted By pinnah
What is the ideal cycling jacket (for UK commuting)

Peter Clinch wrote:
I'd be inclined to get something like the Foska top for cold days and a
close cut pertex top for more general use.

I agree with pretty much...
Forum: Techniques October 18th 06, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc

Peter Clinch wrote:
I'd be inclined to get something like the Foska top for cold days and a
close cut pertex top for more general use.

I agree with pretty much...
Forum: General October 18th 06, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc

Peter Clinch wrote:
I'd be inclined to get something like the Foska top for cold days and a
close cut pertex top for more general use.

I agree with pretty much...
Forum: General October 18th 06, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 213
Posted By pinnah
What is the ideal cycling jacket (for UK commuting)

Tim McNamara wrote:
Basically, I've not found any jacket that keeps on dry from the rain and
also from sweat. Until nanotechnology invents some miracle fabric that...
Forum: Techniques October 18th 06, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc

Tim McNamara wrote:
Basically, I've not found any jacket that keeps on dry from the rain and
also from sweat. Until nanotechnology invents some miracle fabric that...
Forum: UK October 18th 06, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc

Tim McNamara wrote:
Basically, I've not found any jacket that keeps on dry from the rain and
also from sweat. Until nanotechnology invents some miracle fabric that...
Forum: Techniques October 18th 06, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By pinnah
Advice on selling a high-end road bike

"cvone" wrote:
I injured myself and won't be riding for about a year, so I'm selling my
2005 Litespeed Ghisallo with Ultegra group.

Injuries stink but a year passes faster...
Forum: Techniques October 17th 06, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By pinnah
Frame Geometry Project

Hey folks...

I've been collecting frame geometries from old catalogs and from
collectors I've corresponded with on the net. Partly I'm curious
about the history of different road bike geometries...
Forum: Techniques July 28th 06, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 77
Posted By pinnah
Landis fails drug test

- Bob - wrote:
I wasn't aware that we were all supposed to have even a basic
understanding of any particular church to cycle...

I wasn't aware that I suggested any such...
Forum: Techniques July 27th 06, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 77
Posted By pinnah
Landis fails drug test

"bicycle_disciple" wrote:
How can his glory be greater if he's stripped of his title and money?

If you had even a basic understanding of the Menonite church, you
would...
Forum: Techniques July 27th 06, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By pinnah
Bar-End Shifters- do they wear out?

pinnah wrote:
But for indexing being "off" I would suspect an incompatibility
between the new RD and the older barcons. I *thought* that nearly all
(non-10 speed)...
Forum: Techniques July 27th 06, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By pinnah
Bar-End Shifters- do they wear out?

"RobertPerkins" wrote:

I have a pair of Shimano 7-speed bar end shifters. I just replaced my
rear derailleur because it was worn. My cables are fine and move
freely....
Forum: Techniques July 27th 06, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By pinnah
Commuter bike Pedals: Clips and toe straps or SPDs?

"Cobben Sence" wrote:
Is there anyone out there cyclo-commuting using SPD's willing to offer an
opinion? I know the SPD's would give me a more positive upstroke on...
Forum: Techniques July 27th 06, 12:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 67
Posted By pinnah
What's Changed in 20 Years?

Jon Forrest wrote:
I was pretty good at working on bikes about 20 years
ago but stopped doing it in order to do other things.
Now I'm thinking of getting back into...
Forum: Techniques July 23rd 06, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By pinnah
Help with Shimano Bottom Brackets?

Folks,

I have a relatively standard square taper Shimano BB-UN52 of bottom
bracket. The lock ring goes on the left (non-drive) side, which may be
important to this story of woe. It has a spindle...
Forum: Techniques July 20th 06, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 40
Posted By pinnah
sanding bearing cones

"Captain Bike" wrote:
I admire the shop for attempting a repair. When I ran into this on a
customer's bike the best I could do was tell him he needed a new...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29