Showing results 1 to 25 of 76
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Hell And High Water
Forum: Techniques May 29th 09, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
7-speed freewheel to 7-speed cassette?

So here's the answer:

YES!

I started with a nice, but old, steel Bianchi.

I upgraded from downtube shifters to sora 7-speed index brake/shifters.
(HUGE difference there.)

Next I bought a few...
Forum: Techniques May 29th 09, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
7-speed freewheel to 7-speed cassette?

My old wheels are shot.

Rusty, bent, wobbly, grindy, etc.

Plus, they weigh about 12 pounds....

-Bob
Forum: Techniques May 28th 09, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
7-speed freewheel to 7-speed cassette?

Adding a spacer sounds a lot easier than swapping the freehub body.

Also, I mis-spoke in the original post. I have a 7-speed FREEWHEEL now.

If I get new wheels, can I use a new 7-speed...
Forum: Techniques May 28th 09, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
7-speed freewheel to 7-speed cassette?

I screwed up my initial post.

I have a 7-speed FREEWHEEL.

DOH!

Sorry.

so: Can THAT be done? Going from an old, 7-speed freewheel, to a new
wheel, with a 7-speed cassette?
Forum: Techniques May 28th 09, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
7-speed freewheel to 7-speed cassette?

Can this be done?

I'm changing from really old 7-speed wheels to newer, cassette, wheels. I
have a 7-speed cassette.

thx

-Bob
Forum: Racing April 2nd 09, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
DiLuca in Lombarda

He

Will

Win

It.

-Bob
Forum: Rides November 28th 08, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 9
Santa Fe - Taos Area

You bet.

Great little restaurant in Mora, NM: Hatcha's Mexican Food.

'Red or Green?'

ENJOY!
Forum: Rides November 27th 08, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 9
Santa Fe - Taos Area

Yes, Eagles Nest to Cimarron via 64. Through Cimarron Canyon State Park.

From Mora, up to Angel Fire, via 434. Twisty little canyon up past
Guadalupita. I've driven that route a lot, but never...
Forum: Rides November 22nd 08, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Replies: 9
Santa Fe - Taos Area

Ride up through Eagles Nest, then down the back way towards Cimarron.
Awesome canyon.

And you want a CLIMB?

Mora up 434 to Angle Fire. (Don't forget to pay your respects at the
Santuario El...
Forum: Techniques August 8th 08, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 8
Cyclocomputers: wired vs. wireless

In article 20268f0a-7714-4da9-8069-
,
says...
I replaced my CatEye Astrale 8 about three weeks ago with a CatEye
Strada (with...
Forum: General July 25th 08, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 31
How many of you...?

In article ,
says...

Currently wear a LiveStrong band?

I don't wear one, but my bike actually wears one for me. ...
Forum: Racing July 24th 08, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 3
Cunego abandons

Will not start tomorrow.

-Bob
Forum: Racing July 23rd 08, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
The 'Irritating Cobra' summoned by the prosecutor CONI

Cycling: Rich 'and Piepoli summoned by the prosecutor Coni
Index Ultim'ora

ROME - Riccardo Ricco 'and Leonardo Piepoli were summoned by the
Prosecutor of Coni anti-doping. The Modena will be...
Forum: Racing July 23rd 08, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Is Menchov gone?

2:39

Think he can make that back up?

Think he will?

-Bob
Forum: Racing July 22nd 08, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Ricky Ricardo tried to avoid doping control

In article 8b5b202a-1386-460b-be20-
,
says...
From the article:
Forum: Racing July 18th 08, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 11
The Saunier Duval has fired both Riccardo Ricco and Leonardo Piepoli for "doping practices."

The Saunier Duval has fired both Riccardo Ricco and Leonardo Piepoli for
"doping practices."

*******s
Forum: Racing July 17th 08, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
I've always disliked Ricco

Seems like a very arrogant chap.

-Bob
Forum: Techniques July 6th 08, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
7 Speed Wheel?

In article , says...
Hell And High Water wrote:
I have (IIRC) Araya rims? Avaya? somesuch.

Not sure on the hubs, but I had SunTour downtube...
Forum: Techniques July 3rd 08, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Special Skewer for Trainer?

In article ,
says...
Hell And High Water wrote:
Took my bike to the shop and the tech replaced my rear skewer.
I didn't realize...
Forum: Techniques July 2nd 08, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Special Skewer for Trainer?

Took my bike to the shop and the tech replaced my rear skewer.

I didn't realize he had done this until this morning, when I tried to
put the bike into the trainer.

My old skewer looked like...
Forum: Techniques July 2nd 08, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
TREK COMPUTERS

In article 3fc731f3-26e6-4195-a83c-b58372e4dc07
@x35g2000hsb.googlegroups.com, says...
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TREK 8I, 91 AND 11I?
WHICH IS BETTER AND WHY?

I...
Forum: Techniques June 26th 08, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
7-Speed wheel - NEXT QUESTION

OK, the LBS is recommending an Easton Vista SL set, which looks like a
REALLY NICE WHEELSET!!

They're giving me a great price, but I have the obvious question:

I'm running a 7-speed Freewheel...
Forum: Techniques June 24th 08, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
7 Speed Wheel?

In article ,
cyclintom@yahoo. says...

If you haven't been breaking axles why change?

The LBS mentioned several things:
Forum: Techniques June 24th 08, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
7 Speed Wheel?

I currently have a Shimano 7-Speed FREEWHEEL.

Looking to upgrade my wheels.

I believe the first thing I need to look at is the freewheel. That
needs to change to a cassette. Right?

So, when...
Forum: General June 23rd 08, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Trek Incite Link (and 'Team')

Anyone tried these?

I'm looking for double wireless, and the 'Team' looks like it would fit
the bill.

Thoughts?

-Bob
Showing results 1 to 25 of 76