Showing results 1 to 25 of 91
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cam
Forum: Techniques March 22nd 13, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Cam
RFD: rec.draisines.tech

On Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:54:57 PM UTC-4, datakoll wrote:
ideas are entertaining ! but the bike is YECH. sheeet weeben cackling over the design categories diminishment in the market place post...
Forum: Techniques March 21st 13, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Cam
asymmetry

I almost titled this post "Thirtysixer" but then I thought better.
http://www.core77.com/blog/flotspotting/symmetry_is_overrated_paolo_de_giustis_xxxvi_dg_bicycle_concept_24364.asp

Lots of other...
Forum: Techniques January 30th 12, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 15
Posted By Cam
Spontaneous Thanks from Motorist for Having Good Lights

In Toronto you get compliments for ScotchLight and blinkies. There are a lot of riders in dark clothes with no lights or reflectors.
Forum: Techniques July 29th 11, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 29
Posted By Cam
Helmets credited for drop in cycling head injuries

http://www.healthzone.ca/health/newsfeatures/article/1031676--helmets-credited-for-drop-in-cycling-head-injuries?bn=1
Helmets credited for drop in cycling head injuries
July 28, 2011

Theresa...
Forum: Techniques July 25th 11, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Cam
Lighten your Rohloff Speedhub 500/14 installation by more than a quarter!

On Sunday, July 24, 2011 5:06:20 PM UTC-4, Andre Jute wrote:
Lighten your Rohloff Speedhub installation by more than a quarter, 643
grammes, nearly 1lb7oz off!

Just imagine if you could lose 1.5...
Forum: Techniques July 21st 11, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 0
Posted By Cam
Cycling smugness quiz

On Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:43:16 PM UTC-4, Phil W Lee wrote:

I guess these guys are so serious they only knit certified organic
home made yogurt with local sustainably sourced bamboo...
Forum: Techniques June 17th 11, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Cam
OT - Problem viewing R.B.T. with Google groups

On Jun 17, 8:50*am, Pat Clancy wrote:
I normally use the tree view in Google Groups to view message
threads. *I recently made two contributions to the New Saddle =
Perineal...
Forum: Techniques June 14th 11, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
Replies: 30
Posted By Cam
Bicycle Ghetto Totalitarianism

On Jun 9, 11:49*pm, Tºm Shermªn °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
Video of cycling in NYC bicycle ghettos:
Forum: General June 2nd 11, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 30
Posted By Cam
You Can Crash While Cycle Racing Without Road Rash

On Jun 1, 11:53*pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

I retract all of my previous support of the UCI stick-in-the-mud
mandatory diamond frame rules. *Clearly, the Tour de...
Forum: Techniques June 2nd 11, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 35
Posted By Cam
You Can Crash While Cycle Racing Without Road Rash

On Jun 1, 11:53*pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

I retract all of my previous support of the UCI stick-in-the-mud
mandatory diamond frame rules. *Clearly, the Tour de...
Forum: Techniques May 30th 11, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Cam
Toronto is Canada's most hazardous city for both cyclists and pedestrians

On May 29, 1:32*pm, Duane Hebert wrote:

Not sure what Toronto could do. *There are just too many people and too many
cars. *Hopefully, someone with some expertise can help...
Forum: Techniques May 12th 11, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 69
Posted By Cam
OT Living music, was OT Propelled inline skating

On May 4, 5:01Â*pm, Chalo wrote:
T∅m Sherm∀n wrote:

Çhâlõ Çólîñã wrote:

T[]m Sherm/\n wrote:

Çhâlõ Çólîñã wrote:

I am...
Forum: Techniques May 4th 11, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Cam
Why I keep a hedgehog as my pet

On May 3, 5:47*pm, James wrote:
On 4/05/2011 12:51 AM, Cam wrote:

On May 2, 9:51 pm, *wrote:

Battling fish on light...
Forum: Techniques May 3rd 11, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Cam
Why I keep a hedgehog as my pet

On May 2, 9:51*pm, James wrote:

Battling fish on light gear is the only way. *Where's the sport in just
hauling them in? *Delicate coercion is far more gentlemanly....
Forum: Techniques April 27th 11, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 5
Posted By Cam
a niche needs to be filled...

On Apr 27, 1:14*pm, landotter wrote:
On Apr 26, 7:28*pm, Cicero Venatio wrote:

I always thought everything that could be put on a bike has been...
Forum: Techniques April 20th 11, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 53
Posted By Cam
front brake mantra should be taken with salt

On Apr 19, 11:39*pm, landotter wrote:
I'm a front braker. I wear out front pads more often than the rear.

But this evening I tried to mod my downhill speed *on *a gravel...
Forum: Techniques March 7th 11, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 99
Posted By Cam
Fear of cycling

On Mar 6, 7:32*pm, "Existential Angst" wrote:
Having said all that, one legitimate fear is this:
* * If you didn't learn how to ride a bike as a kid, it will be
Forum: Racing February 9th 11, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 96
Posted By Cam
20110208 Update on Jobst

On Feb 9, 11:51*am, SMS wrote:
On 2/9/2011 8:45 AM, Jay Beattie wrote:

The part of modern medicine that is startling to me is how everything
is done on an...
Forum: Racing January 5th 11, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 127
Posted By Cam
I'm ashamed to admit I was conned.

On Jan 4, 8:01*pm, Tºm Shermªn™ °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 1/4/2011 2:32 PM, Cam wrote: On Jan 2, 11:36 am, Peter *wrote:

I...
Forum: Techniques January 5th 11, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 139

$southslope.net" wrote:
On 1/4/2011 2:32 PM, Cam wrote: On Jan 2, 11:36 am, Peter *wrote:

I...
Forum: Racing January 4th 11, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 127
Posted By Cam
I'm ashamed to admit I was conned.

On Jan 2, 11:36*am, Peter Cole wrote:

I always liked Sheldon's line about New England being great for cycling
10 months out of the year -- July and August being just...
Forum: Techniques January 4th 11, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 139
Posted By Cam
I'm ashamed to admit I was conned.

On Jan 2, 11:36*am, Peter Cole wrote:

I always liked Sheldon's line about New England being great for cycling
10 months out of the year -- July and August being just...
Forum: Techniques December 3rd 10, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 16
Posted By Cam
Google munchkins eating code?

On Dec 2, 2:48*pm, fiultra5 wrote:
The munchkins at Google just suspended both my accounts for no reason
at all when I tried to access RBT. My newsreader has not received...
Forum: Techniques November 24th 10, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 31
Posted By Cam
Best Geared and Dynamo Hubs for Winter Riding?

On Nov 24, 12:55Â*pm, landotter wrote:
On Nov 24, 11:45Â*am, Tim McNamara wrote:

In article
Forum: Techniques November 22nd 10, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Cam
634% 18 speed 'hub' gear

On Nov 20, 9:31*am, landotter wrote: