Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.67 seconds.
Forum: Techniques January 3rd 07, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 115
Posted By [email protected]
Cyclingnews and reality

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On 3 Jan 2007 06:07:07 -0800, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
wrote:

The most exotic thing he used was the frame made for him by Ernesto
Forum: Techniques November 1st 06, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
Bamboo and Carbon Fiber? Can this work?

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

Calfee has done it but I think it's in the catagory of 'circus' bike,
more than a serious bike frame material(altho Craig will disagree).
Calfee has sold his...
Forum: Techniques September 12th 06, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 43
Posted By [email protected]
radial drive wind-up

Cam wrote:
Ron Ruff wrote:
Cam wrote:
Don't the spokes on a front wheel transmit torque under braking?

No, since the brake acts directly on the rim rather than the hub.

And...
Forum: Techniques September 1st 06, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 420
Posted By [email protected]
Forces on spokes

Ed Pirrero wrote:

Yes, some folks do seem to have a lot of spare time...

It's astonishing, isn't it?

So, we get this kind of thread every few months. One in which the
oversimplification of...
Forum: Techniques August 30th 06, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 420
Posted By [email protected]
Forces on spokes

Yep, I agree with everything you say. I also have agreed with just
about everything that Jobst has said, although a lot of it was overly
detailed and off the original topic :)

My main...
Forum: Techniques August 29th 06, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 420
Posted By [email protected]
Forces on spokes

Hi Jeff,

For better or for worse, Jobst et al. are right. I have (yet another!)
way of visualizing this that may help (but probably won't).

For what it's worth, I'm an engineer who does FEA all day...
Forum: Techniques August 25th 06, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Mystery Frame Builder - "apple" cut-out on lug, vintage steel

Yep. Mike Appel is still in Madison, WI, as far as I know. If you want
to find out whether he made your frame, contact Cronometro (
www.cronometro.com ) and ask for Colin, the owner. He knows Mike...
Forum: General August 25th 06, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Mystery Frame Builder - "apple" cut-out on lug, vintage steel

Yep. Mike Appel is still in Madison, WI, as far as I know. If you want
to find out whether he made your frame, contact Cronometro (
www.cronometro.com ) and ask for Colin, the owner. He knows Mike...
Forum: Techniques August 15th 06, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 58
Posted By [email protected]
Cycling mags - what went wrong?

Doug Taylor wrote:
On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:13:57 GMT, "Callistus Valerius"
wrote:

Why arn't their any good bicycling mags? "Bicycling" has been dumbed
down for...
Forum: Techniques August 14th 06, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 45
Posted By [email protected]
Stainless steel track frame?

sal bass wrote:
stainless frames make a TON of sense. talk to a frame fabricator.

Rhygin Cycles (Christian Jones) was around in Boston in the late 90s
and made frames of stainless steel. ...
Forum: Techniques July 26th 06, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Extensive Pix of Campy's 2007 Range

Thanks for the explanation; I follow your reasoning and your position
makes a lot of sense. The angle of the teeth, however, is shallow
enough that I'd bet the separation stress is fairly small....
Forum: Techniques July 26th 06, 03:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Scamdium strikes again!

Chalo wrote:

wrote:

It's possible to design an aluminum bottom bracket axle that's safe for
even someone of Chalo's size, but it would have to have a larger
Forum: Techniques July 25th 06, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Extensive Pix of Campy's 2007 Range

that crank system's not - it's a pig's *******. the joint is ugly for
torque, ugly for bending and to cap it all, expensive to produce with
that multitude of one-at-a-time high precision...
Forum: Techniques July 12th 06, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Hub gear scorcher

Hi Jenny,

I'm a bit confused, as the On One Il Pompino has 135mm rear dropout
spacing:

http://www.on-one.co.uk/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=5&MMN_position=95:95

From...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14