Showing results 1 to 25 of 179
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jason Spaceman
Forum: Racing September 30th 10, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 26
Posted By Jason Spaceman
Contador positive

A spokesman for three-time Tour de France winner Alberto Contador says the
cyclist tested positive for a banned steroid during this year's race.

Contador's publicist released a statement Wednesday...
Forum: Racing September 8th 10, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By Jason Spaceman
Vuelta being televised in Canada on Sportsnet One

The Vuelta is being aired daily on Rogers controversial new Sportsnet
One channel. And Sportsnet One is available on free preview until
Oct., if you are a Rogers subscriber.

It seems they are...
Forum: Techniques August 14th 10, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 1
Posted By Jason Spaceman
Using SRAM shifters with Ultegra

Is it possible to use SRAM shifters (say, SRAM Red or Force which are
10-speed) with a 9-speed Shimano Ultegra derailleur?

Thanks,
J. Spaceman
Forum: Racing July 20th 10, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 9
Posted By Jason Spaceman
Contador says he's sorry, sort of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdOJLuePexs

J. Spaceman
Forum: Racing July 6th 10, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Jason Spaceman
Vino, loyal as always

Are they not using radios this year?

J. Spaceman

A. Dumas wrote:

Jason Spaceman wrote:
Forum: Racing July 2nd 10, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Jason Spaceman
TdF iPhone apps?

Turns out Team Radioshack has an app, so LANCE won't be beat by out by Menchov.

J. Spaceman

bar wrote:
Forum: Racing July 2nd 10, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Jason Spaceman
TdF iPhone apps?

Anyone here have an iPhone or iPod Touch and can recommend some decent TdF apps?
Versus have one, well two actually, a free one and a paid one that costs around
$15 or $16!. The free one is kind...
Forum: Racing June 11th 10, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 1
Posted By Jason Spaceman
Video: Ullrich training for big TdF comeback

He's working hard -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwII3BjBZB4

J. Spaceman
Forum: Racing March 20th 10, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Jason Spaceman
Clinger suspended for two years

Probably a false positive caused by all that tattoo ink

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/03/news/clinger-suspended-for-two-years_108600

J. Spaceman
Forum: Racing January 31st 10, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Jason Spaceman
zOMG! LANCE weight training!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDawlrIeaVM

J. Spaceman
Forum: Techniques January 13th 10, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 11
Posted By Jason Spaceman
Using a trainer on carpet

I received a fluid trainer as an Xmas gift. Since I live in an apartment I
don't have a basement or garage to use it in. My only choice is to set it up in
my apartment living room, which is...
Forum: Racing October 27th 09, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Jason Spaceman
The Stig

Reminds me of an episode of Mythbusters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y18mewmFNOQ

J. Spaceman
Forum: Racing September 11th 09, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 17
Posted By Jason Spaceman
Hesjedahl!

And so far no mention of it on TSN or any of the other Canadian sports media
(what a surprise!). They are too preoccupied with the Phoenix Coyotes nonsense.

J. Spaceman

Scott wrote:
Forum: Racing July 28th 09, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 2
Posted By Jason Spaceman
musical malentendus

"Chicken" Rasmussen gets his revenge.

J. Spaceman

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 17:02:35 -0700 (PDT), Ben Trovato
wrote:
Forum: Techniques July 23rd 09, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Jason Spaceman
Spray lubricant recommendations

Interesting. Although I'm in Canada and there aren't any Lowes around here
(well I think there are a few, but they are in, or around the Toronto area, too
far away from me).

I think Canadian Tire...
Forum: Techniques July 22nd 09, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 9
Posted By Jason Spaceman
Spray lubricant recommendations

I would like to get some spray lube to use, occasionally, on my derailleurs.
Rather than buy the expensive bike specific stuff, like Finish Line; could I use
some of the spray lubes available at...
Forum: Racing July 17th 09, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By Jason Spaceman
2 Riders Injured, Apparently by Shots From BB Gun

From the article:
COLMAR, France — Two riders in the Tour de France sustained minor injuries
Friday in the 13th stage when they were struck by shots from...
Forum: Racing July 7th 09, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 16
Posted By Jason Spaceman
Armstrong to Clerc: Go F*** Yourself

From the article:
MONTPELLIER, France — Lance Armstrong lashed out at former Tour de France boss
Patrice Clerc on Tuesday, saying he should take...
Forum: Racing July 7th 09, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 10
Posted By Jason Spaceman
Ullrich faces disciplinary procedure from Swiss: report

From the article:
Germany's retired former Tour de France winner Jan Ullrich is to be
the subject of a disciplinary...
Forum: Racing July 6th 09, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 4
Posted By Jason Spaceman
Cyclist Menchov 'spoke to doping investigators'

From the article:
Dutch cycling team Rabobank (RAB)'s rider and Giro winner Denis Menchov of
Russia pictured in a press conference in Monaco on July...
Forum: Racing July 4th 09, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 45
Posted By Jason Spaceman
Versus in HD?

Actually, nevermind. I see that Versus has a separate HD channel. Give OLN
Canada about 10 years, then they'll have an HD channel too.

J. Spaceman
Forum: Racing July 4th 09, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 45
Posted By Jason Spaceman
Versus in HD?

I thought I heard Phil Ligget mention that Versus was broadcasting in high
definition, but on OLN Canada I'm only getting standard definition. Is HD only
available in the US, and Canada being a...
Forum: Racing July 3rd 09, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 7
Posted By Jason Spaceman
Rumours circulate of a Kazakh coup at Astana

From the article:
Rumours of a Kazakh coup at Astana began circulating today and they may just
have some substance.

Disgraced Kazakh, Alexandre...
Forum: Racing July 2nd 09, 08:06 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Replies: 0
Posted By Jason Spaceman
Old 7-11 training videos

Maybe this has been posted here before, but I came across a couple of old 7-11
cycling training videos on YouTube. They were filmed sometime in the 80's,
complete with cheesy 80's motivational...
Forum: Techniques July 1st 09, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By Jason Spaceman
What's the difference. . .

.. . .between the HED Ardennes wheel and the HED Bastogne wheel? Is the only
difference being that the Ardennes rim is made from scandium and the Bastogne
aluminum?

For a comparison see...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 179