Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.80 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Roger Thorpe
Forum: UK August 19th 08, 09:18 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Roger Thorpe
RTTC 12

Nice bit of name dropping there. Ian Cammish eh? A sort of hero for me a
few years back. Does he still use L shaped cranks? Very encouraging that
he's still going, and doing so reasonably...
Forum: UK July 22nd 08, 10:05 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 48
Posted By Roger Thorpe
Matthew Parris

wrote:

I've seen that story. Presumably the "no indication at the
moment that the wire had been deliberately set up to cause harm" is
because there's some good reason for...
Forum: UK May 14th 08, 10:28 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 9
Posted By Roger Thorpe
Coventry RC 10

David Lloyd wrote:

My old PB was actually 23 years old, and was my first race on my still well
loved Holdsworth Professional road bike. A picture of this and my TT machine
can be found on...
Forum: UK February 15th 08, 08:33 AM Posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 211
Posted By Roger Thorpe
Scheme to ban cyclists from even more public roads.

PeterT wrote:

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:01:11 +0000, Roger Thorpe
wrote:

(Sorry if the emphasis looks like shouting)... but now maybe Peter T can
give us...
Forum: UK February 15th 08, 08:29 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Roger Thorpe
Perhaps she should have worn a helmet

JNugent wrote:

Jim Harvest wrote:

x-no-archive:Sir Jeremy wrote:

Which is why I'm sure he won't mind me saying tat I'll carry on wearing
mine, although the story reminded me how...
Forum: UK February 15th 08, 08:22 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 34
Posted By Roger Thorpe
Perhaps she should have worn a helmet

Jim Harvest wrote:
x-no-archive:Roger Thorpe wrote:

And that thought normally comes to me on an August weekend....

Do you mean Cropredy? Is it still thriving?
Yes I do, and...
Forum: UK October 27th 07, 09:31 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 53
Posted By Roger Thorpe
Bendybuses

A cyclist was killed by a bendybus in the city where I live this week.
There's a lot more experience of these in London, and I haven't come
across many myself so can I ask;
What (in general, without...
Forum: UK March 10th 07, 05:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Roger Thorpe
Eastway

Dan Gregory wrote:
Nice TV report on
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/london/realmedia/london_local/newham_towerhamlets/eastway?size=16x9&bgc=990000&nbram=1&bbram=1

All the...
Forum: UK March 9th 07, 08:38 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Roger Thorpe
I've had enough of the abuse shouted towards us cyclists

I have to make a confession.
I'm one of those people who shout at cyclists. Usually it's one of;
"Use the BALLS of your feet!"
"Your saddle's too high/low!"
"Your lights seem to have fallen off...
Forum: UK February 28th 07, 06:25 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 40
Posted By Roger Thorpe
[Kinda Off-Topic] What gets your healthier? Cycling or Running?

Dennis Davis wrote:
In the referenced article, bugbear writes:

naked_draughtsman wrote:

wrote in message...
Forum: UK February 27th 07, 07:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 13
Posted By Roger Thorpe
BBCs Have Your Say - Mobile phone usage in cars

wrote:
On 26 Feb, 18:25, Martin Dann wrote:

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?threadID=5651

An opportunity to make some...
Forum: UK February 25th 07, 05:23 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 92
Posted By Roger Thorpe
My Experiment...

On 2007-02-25, Roger Thorpe wrote:

Rob Morley wrote:

In article...
Forum: UK February 25th 07, 04:02 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Roger Thorpe
I'd watch out Glasgow Green area (NCN 75) cyclists.

wrote:

On 25 Feb, 15:35, Peter Clinch wrote:

wrote:

The new ones have neglected to put a fence, the utter...
Forum: UK February 25th 07, 03:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 21
Posted By Roger Thorpe
A /different/ helmet thread...

Simon Brooke wrote:

in message , Don Whybrow
') wrote:

Simon Brooke wrote:

What on Earth was Chris Hoy wearing on...
Forum: UK February 25th 07, 03:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 92
Posted By Roger Thorpe
My Experiment...

Rob Morley wrote:
In article , Simon
Brooke
says...

in message , Ian...
Forum: UK February 24th 07, 12:17 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 92
Posted By Roger Thorpe
My Experiment...

Ben C wrote:

You can balance though, with all the waving about, and enough skill.
People can also do trackstands and all sorts of other things. But riding
a moving bike is easier, because...
Forum: UK February 23rd 07, 10:15 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Roger Thorpe
Got a New Station Hack Today

Mark W wrote:

What's the rest of the equipment like?

I would describe the general condition as "very good". Some tarnish
(not rust) on the wheels, and a tiny patch of corrosion ~ 1cm...
Forum: UK February 23rd 07, 10:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 92
Posted By Roger Thorpe
My Experiment...

On 2007-02-23, Roger Thorpe wrote:

Pete Biggs wrote:

Ian Smith wrote:

Forum: UK February 23rd 07, 09:50 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 178
Posted By Roger Thorpe
Yet another speeding, uninsured, unlicenced, lying, killer motorist.

Danny Colyer wrote:

I wrote:

On a bicycle such a thing certainly does exist. I ride through one
every morning on my way to work. It's always been a pleasure on the
few occasions...
Forum: UK February 23rd 07, 09:30 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Roger Thorpe
Got a New Station Hack Today

Mark W wrote:

Got a New Station Hack today. Picked up as a trade in at a local bike
shop, as it seemed to be a little more exotic, and a lot lighter, than
the usual run of second hand mountain...
Forum: UK February 23rd 07, 09:10 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 92
Posted By Roger Thorpe
My Experiment...

Pete Biggs wrote:

Ian Smith wrote:

How do the 'you can only turn by shoving the bars the wrong way' and
'leaning a bike won't make it turn' lot explain the ability to ride
no-hands in...
Forum: UK February 23rd 07, 08:53 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 92
Posted By Roger Thorpe
My Experiment...

Paul Boyd wrote:

On 23/02/2007 19:01, Roger Thorpe said,

Ok, the thing that I'm not exactly clear about steering is this:
I find that sticking my knee out when going round a tight corner...
Forum: UK February 23rd 07, 08:47 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 178
Posted By Roger Thorpe
Yet another speeding, uninsured, unlicenced, lying, killer motorist.

Danny Colyer wrote:
Roger Thorpe wrestled Troll B out of my killfile to respond to:

We all know of traffic light junctions that work better
when the lights are out.

with:
Forum: UK February 23rd 07, 07:01 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 92
Posted By Roger Thorpe
My Experiment...

Tony B wrote:
Cycled into school today with 4yo, deep joy... anyway, apart from that,
when I was walking my velo through the school yard I had hold of the
seat in a very cool sort of way (for...
Forum: UK February 16th 07, 07:22 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Roger Thorpe
Eastway

I've just watched the 'farewell to eastway' videos on you-tube. They
left me feeling much sadder than I expected. It was at a visit there
that I came into contact with the Eagle Road Club, and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25