Showing results 1 to 25 of 103
Search took 0.65 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andy Morris
Forum: Techniques October 8th 13, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 203
Posted By Andy Morris
crowded Dutch bikepaths

On 05/10/2013 10:06, Lou Holtman wrote:
- Frank Krygowski

Riding on those roads just leaving out the separate bikepaths is not an
option. The roads are too narrow. Imagine during school...
Forum: Techniques September 5th 13, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 41
Posted By Andy Morris
[OT] A good bike lane

On 04/09/2013 18:26, Jay Beattie wrote:

here seem to be two sorts of cyclists.

Those who control the lane and say its fine.

Those who don't but know it would be difficult, dangerous or impossible...
Forum: Techniques December 10th 12, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 127
Posted By Andy Morris
Taking the lane = Merging? Rear endings. Roundabouts?

On 09/12/2012 23:17, Dan O wrote:

But let's say I'm a "computer guy" (or a dope dealer - whatever).
I've done literally countless things for a living. My opinion of the
relevance of...
Forum: Techniques September 18th 12, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 35
Posted By Andy Morris
Grease fittings for the crank bearings - read.905.ew

On 17/09/2012 20:41, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/17/2012 2:31 PM, wrote:
Bottom brackets must tolerate lots of stress with hard pedaling. The
last thing I'd want to do is to add...
Forum: Techniques September 16th 12, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 25
Posted By Andy Morris
Short cranks for limited knee movement?

On 11/09/2012 02:17, Phil W Lee wrote:

Short cranks are most popular in the recumbent community, so that's a
good place to search. Do bear in mind that cranks for a 'bent never
need to take...
Forum: Techniques September 16th 12, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18
Posted By Andy Morris
Sharing the road with cyclists

On 16/09/2012 06:59, Dan O wrote:

I have to say I just about felt like I didn't belong in that concrete
enclosed narrow lanes no lane changes allowed highway construction
zone. It felt...
Forum: General September 16th 12, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 17

On 16/09/2012 06:59, Dan O wrote:

I have to say I just about felt like I didn't belong in that concrete
enclosed narrow lanes no lane changes allowed highway construction
zone. It felt...
Forum: Techniques April 29th 12, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By Andy Morris
Handlebar Mounted Camera Captures License Plate of Vehicle thatHit Two Bicyclists in Berkeley. Arrest made Last Night.

On 29/04/2012 06:19, Dan O wrote:

I ride as far to the right as is safe. When I can see there is no one
in the car, that is much closer than when there is someone.

I prefer to keep my...
Forum: Techniques April 12th 12, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 392
Posted By Andy Morris
Boonen uses great big fat tubular tire in Paris-Roubaix

On 11/04/2012 15:33, Frank Krygowski wrote:
wrote:

Even in Euro point-to-point road races, huge tires and Grand Canyon
clearances are not needed and American parking...
Forum: Techniques December 12th 11, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 247
Posted By Andy Morris
24-spoke wheels

On 11/12/2011 17:19, Dan O wrote:

Fifteen miles isn't even that far to walk. I wonder what kind of
shoes he had on / with him.

Some roads, a fifteen mile walk could be hypothermia

--
Forum: Techniques December 3rd 11, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 18

On 03/12/2011 15:44, AMuzi wrote:
On Dec 1, 9:31 am, Frank wrote:
Michael Press wrote:
Lyotard mod 23 are my all-time favorite. I'd buy more right...
Forum: Techniques December 3rd 11, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 01/12/2011 20:06, Jay Beattie wrote:
On Dec 1, 9:31 am, Frank wrote:
Michael Press wrote:

Lyotard mod 23 are my all-time favorite. I'd buy more...
Forum: Techniques November 4th 11, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 14
Posted By Andy Morris
Occupy Wall Street plans to be bicycle-powered

On 02/11/2011 22:07, mike fee wrote:

Big critique of that - the horse is on a treadmill, which increases the
horses efficiency no more than you would achieve by putting a human on a
Forum: Techniques September 11th 11, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 72
Posted By Andy Morris
Reynolds 931 "cheap stainless" -- Michael Press Prize for brilliantmarketing

On 10/09/2011 19:48, Dan O wrote:

Speaking of weird stays, there's one of these parking in the rack
outside where I work - set up for touring duty w/ drop bars:

Forum: Techniques June 5th 11, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 35
Posted By Andy Morris
You Can Crash While Cycle Racing Without Road Rash

On 05/06/2011 01:53, Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:
On 6/4/2011 6:19 PM, Andy Morris wrote:
On 01/06/2011 03:26, T�m Sherm�n� �_� wrote:
See:
Forum: Techniques June 5th 11, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 35
Posted By Andy Morris
You Can Crash While Cycle Racing Without Road Rash

On 01/06/2011 03:26, Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:
See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwn_davpik8&feature=player_embedded.

No...
Forum: UK October 10th 09, 11:12 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 30
Posted By Andy Morris
Another "should have worn a helmet" case

David Hansen wrote:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/scotland/article6865969.ece
reports the case of someone who was killed by a golf ball while
playing golf.

I knew someone who was...
Forum: UK September 28th 09, 09:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 116
Posted By Andy Morris
Where "facilities" end

Graham Harrison wrote:

The road, the whole road and nothing but the road.

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtjinkasDotfreeserve.co.uk
Forum: UK September 5th 09, 01:51 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 5
Posted By Andy Morris
Looking For Spokes

Tosspot wrote:

Anyone know of a good source for 36 spokes in the UK? 285mm double
butted. Chain Reaction only seem to stock 26" spokes.

Current best is pedalon for 0.70/spoke, looking...
Forum: UK August 16th 09, 04:42 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 62
Posted By Andy Morris
Compassion plea after cycle death

NM wrote:
On 16 Aug, 05:09, bod43 wrote:

"Stopping Distances. Drive at a speed that will allow
you to stop well within the distance you can see to
be clear."

Forum: UK August 16th 09, 04:35 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 206
Posted By Andy Morris
Pinch points

Oaf wrote:

Verily, yesterday, I got called a "pillock" for making some poor chap
wait who was coming the other way as I went through one upon which I
had priority. Tsk!

Smile and wave,...
Forum: UK August 16th 09, 04:29 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 206
Posted By Andy Morris
Pinch points

mileburner wrote:
Car drivers are important people you know! Cyclists are not...

I think there's a fair number of driver who feel that

Car drivers are important people you know! Other people...
Forum: UK August 11th 09, 10:54 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 27
Posted By Andy Morris
Them thar cycling shoes with cleats

Simon Brooke wrote:

Proper clips'n'straps give you more power/effort than any clipless
system - that's why all the track riders use them. However, as you'll
remember from the days before...
Forum: UK July 8th 09, 11:21 PM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 41
Posted By Andy Morris
GBH assault by driver

Simon Brooke wrote:

But *why* for the love of God and
little fishes will the courts not take their driving licences away?!?!
That is a punishment that would hurt, and therefore a punishment...
Forum: UK June 30th 09, 12:41 AM Posted to uk.rec.cycling
Replies: 28
Posted By Andy Morris
Eating before a time trial: thoughts

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote: