Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 2.19 seconds.
Forum: Australia October 27th 09, 09:19 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Car racks

Hi Owen,

this seems pretty cheap for a ROLA. Is it just the racks, or the racks
plus the bike carrier, or just the bike carrier? The advantage of the
Swedish system is that you don't have to take...
Forum: Australia August 10th 09, 02:08 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Carbon fibre frame and roof top carrier

Hi all,

I have a Thule 591 roof top carrier, the type that allows you to keep
the front wheel on and clamps onto the bike downtube for stability.
I've done a search and there is a lot of conflicting...
Forum: Australia November 12th 08, 10:01 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Chain cleaning "machines"

Hi all,

has anyone had any experience with the chain cleaners that allow you
to keep the chain on the bike? Recommendations would be appreciated,
as I don't like to take the chain off for cleaning....
Forum: Australia October 2nd 08, 11:20 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Magpie Attack Protection

Hi Tony,

I haven't given the cable ties a go, but I'm doubtful as to whether
they'd really work. I got hit today in the shoulder, and one a little
while ago on the back of the neck. The cable ties...
Forum: Australia May 20th 08, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,uk.rec.cycling,aus.bicycle,rec.sport.triathlon
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Sigma heart rate monitor low beep volume

Hi Martin,

just a thought, have you tested the battery? I know my computer
contrast slowly fades as the battery goes. It's quite subtle and
sometimes I think the contrast is no good, then I remember...
Forum: UK May 20th 08, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,uk.rec.cycling,aus.bicycle,rec.sport.triathlon
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Sigma heart rate monitor low beep volume

Hi Martin,

just a thought, have you tested the battery? I know my computer
contrast slowly fades as the battery goes. It's quite subtle and
sometimes I think the contrast is no good, then I remember...
Forum: Racing May 20th 08, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.racing,uk.rec.cycling,aus.bicycle,rec.sport.triathlon
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Sigma heart rate monitor low beep volume

Hi Martin,

just a thought, have you tested the battery? I know my computer
contrast slowly fades as the battery goes. It's quite subtle and
sometimes I think the contrast is no good, then I remember...
Forum: Australia May 8th 08, 01:05 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
Wireless bike computers

Hi all,

my computer has died and I was considering getting a wireless
computer. I don't want to spend too much and I was thinking about the
Echowell Echo W2. It has all the functions I want and...
Forum: Australia April 27th 07, 12:07 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
DIY bike carrier roof racks

Hi all,

sometime ago (maybe over 1 yr), someone posted a "design" for DIY bike
carrier roof racks. I have tried searching the archive for said
posting, with no luck.

I've got the axles and QR...
Forum: Australia January 12th 07, 03:13 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
Bike parts online (cassette etc); where to get?

Yes, I do get customers who haggle, their argument based on an online price.
On occasion I won't beat it - I'd lose money on the deal. I always explain
that to the customer though and advise...
Forum: Australia January 11th 07, 04:32 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
Bike parts online (cassette etc); where to get?

Hi,

It seems my lovely Specialized Sirrus is starting to wear out. My bike
is in for a service and they want to charge me $300 for parts, the bike
only cost $850...

I'm sure I can do better online...
Forum: Australia November 15th 06, 03:41 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 34
Posted By [email protected]
Rooftop bike carriers

Hi all,

I am in the market for a roof-rack mounted bike carrier. Two trains of
thought in Oz;

1- by far the most common way is to use the ones that fasten the front
of the bike with the QR...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12