Showing results 1 to 25 of 199
Search took 0.86 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: markf
Forum: Unicycling May 11th 08, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By markf
Need a spoke key to tighten spokes? How?

yeah, a real spoke wrench is a good investment. the back of the side
cutters trick would work in a pinch, but unless your spokes are
horribly stuck, do you really need more leverage? what about...
Forum: Unicycling April 23rd 08, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By markf
proper shoes

sadly, i can't find a new model of the 661 dually with the high top and
the non-spd sole. i really really like the ankle protection as that is
my number one injury during unicycling(before i got a...
Forum: Unicycling April 14th 08, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By markf
Trials rim for an 180 lb rider.

it's a pretty common rim (relatively speaking), if you go through your
lbs, make sure they know it's a 19 trials, not a 20 bmx rim. i ran into
that a while ago when i built my trials.

--...
Forum: Unicycling April 13th 08, 06:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 20
Posted By markf
Trials rim for an 180 lb rider.

i'm a touch heavier than you and my dx32 has held up great on my trials.
a bit wider would help with side hop folding but with proper air
pressure it has stayed true. a good wheel build is just as...
Forum: Unicycling April 11th 08, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 16
Posted By markf
Moab Munifest 2008 pictures/videos

i have a few crappy clips to mabye make something out of. but who knows.
i bet others have much nicer vids.

--...
Forum: Unicycling March 13th 08, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By markf
Moab MuniFest roll call/discussion thread

frogy130 wrote:
Yes I will be there the week before, will say hi if I run into you guys,
I am still trying to decide on taking my KH29 or 24" Torker DX.

No room for them both, also bringing...
Forum: Unicycling March 13th 08, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 5
Posted By markf
Pedals fell out! Cranks stripped! Help?

Jim wrote:
It sounds like the crank & pedal are on the wrong side and have come
loose while riding.

You can helicoil cranks but it is often easier to just replace them.

jim
Forum: Unicycling March 13th 08, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By markf
Moab MuniFest roll call/discussion thread

frogy130 wrote:
I will be there have been to Moab twice on Mountian b*ike this will be
my first on the muni. I will be there a week before and after riding
the trials on a b*ke (& muni) with...
Forum: Unicycling March 10th 08, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By markf
Moab MuniFest roll call/discussion thread

We had a registration is up thread. now i'm making a thread about
attending, as in, who is, and how awesome it's going to be.

I just booked my flight. gonna spend the whole week there regaining...
Forum: Unicycling February 25th 08, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By markf
Moab MuniFest 08 Registration is open

i'm pumped. i'm 99% sure i can make it this year. but i've done moab a
few times outside mmf. amasa is one of my favorite trails ever.

--
markf

'my Des Moines Iowa Bike Shop'...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 08, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By markf
GB4 trials frames?

GB4 is 6'6" or so, and the 29er is in fact a 29er. i have a trials from
him, i'll try to find a pic later, but mine is black. his workshop is
in western iowa and he currently lives in denver.

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 16th 07, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 7
Posted By markf
T7 Handle....Indiana style (with drops)

looks awesome. if you come again next year i'll have to give it a shot.
(this is mark, the tall blonde guy with the pony tail who wasn't there
for a few days) *waves*

--
markf

'my Des Moines Iowa...
Forum: Unicycling October 24th 07, 06:11 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By markf
Burs in the Nimbus 36 SE Rim

for rim tape i like velox but any sturdy cloth or plasticy tape will
work. the bike shop should have a few different varieties. seriously
though, the best way to get a non-rubber band one is to ask...
Forum: Unicycling October 23rd 07, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By markf
Burs in the Nimbus 36 SE Rim

uh, you always need a rim strip with double walled rims. under any kind
of pressure(enough to ride on certainly) the tube will go into the
nipple hole and create a little bubble and pop. maybe no...
Forum: Unicycling October 19th 07, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By markf
Recommend me a new Uni

torker dx would be an okay choice. for muni most people prefer 24inch,
and for street/trails stuff most like a 20(19) inch. anyway, i think
the 24 is more versatile, and that's what i got when i was...
Forum: Unicycling September 17th 07, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 275
Posted By markf
Triton Sponge frames... titanium trials.

i'd think about buying either frame. (current or theoretical 24")

--
markf

'my Des Moines Iowa Bike Shop'...
Forum: Unicycling September 13th 07, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 25
Posted By markf
Do we need a Unicycle Shop on the west side of the US

the fact that most bike shops can get uni stuff if you ask them to, or
quite a few carry stuff in stock, i'm not sure what you hope to
accomplish really. shipping from bedford or udc or plenty of...
Forum: Unicycling September 7th 07, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 90
Posted By markf
Red Blinky lights

super flash from planet bike is seriously the brightest tail light i've
ever seen. 2 "regualr" leds and then a 1/2 strobe type light. it hurts
to look at in the day...
Forum: Unicycling August 28th 07, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 37
Posted By markf
Top Speed

25mph-ish i think. do a search, this kinda thread pops up every so
often.

--
markf

'my Des Moines Iowa Bike Shop'...
Forum: Unicycling August 7th 07, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 28
Posted By markf
Sponsorship

if you have to ask, you're not good enough. at least that's the rule of
thumb in the bike industry.

--
markf

'my Des Moines Iowa Bike Shop'...
Forum: Unicycling June 30th 07, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By markf
Ping/question for aspen mike(others too maybe)

thanks john. i knew i shoulda searched. crap. i just looked visually
over the first two pages of threads and if it was there i missed it.

--
markf

'my Des Moines Iowa Bike Shop'...
Forum: Unicycling June 30th 07, 07:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By markf
Ping/question for aspen mike(others too maybe)

anyhoo, i have a customer at my bike shop in iowa who recently returned
from the Ride the Rockies bike ride. he said it was awesome and knowing
i'm a unicyclist, he mentioned that someone flew past...
Forum: Unicycling June 27th 07, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 36
Posted By markf
Crank size on a muni.

i tihnk your height enters into it as well. i'm a pretty tall guy and
150s always felt a little short, 165s however feel perfect.

--
markf

'my Des Moines Iowa Bike Shop'...
Forum: Unicycling June 25th 07, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 15
Posted By markf
When I'm stationary, cyclists ask "Are you alright?"

i always ask people if they're alright if they're stopped on any type of
cycle. i generally have tools/a pump and i work i'm a decent mechanic.
i've helped a few, most people are just resting or...
Forum: Unicycling June 17th 07, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By markf
what does it take to get sponsered by kris Holms unicycles

if you have to ask how, you probably aren't good enough. at least that's
the rule in biking. and what level of sponsorship? just a small % off,
or full blown free stuff? and the huge gap in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 199