Showing results 1 to 25 of 108
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Niko
Forum: Unicycling December 1st 08, 09:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 45
Posted By Niko
Freestyle Discussion Thread

ntappin;1140943 wrote:
Is there anyone else out there that is having a hard time choosing a
freestyle uni?

I feel your pain. ;)
As I said earlier, in my opinion there is just no really good...
Forum: Unicycling November 26th 08, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Niko
Koxx one Signature?

Eccycycler;1138552 wrote:
What do you guys think of the Koxx one Signatur, is it worth the extera
you have to pay. Does it help with tricks and would you buy it?

It just sucks, because it...
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 08, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Niko
KH Freestyle unicycle

It is true that people use 110 for Freestyle, but I thing the better you
get the more comfortable you are with short cranks. Once you get used to
short cranks there is really no way back - pedaling...
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 08, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 23
Posted By Niko
KH Freestyle unicycle

A KH freestyle unicycle would really be sweet!

It would require some modifications though. 110mm cranks are far to
long for freestyle. Since it would be an upper-class freestyle I think
90mm would...
Forum: Unicycling November 14th 08, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By Niko
Freestyle Front Bumper - Pics inside!

SkierAlex;1130706 wrote:
I'm still not sure why people don't just have handles on their freestyle
seats.

I find a handle annoying for quite a few tricks (e.g. sideways ww,
smiley walk). And...
Forum: Unicycling August 23rd 08, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Niko
Unicycling Races -An Olympic Sport?-

For that we would first have to introduce broadband doping into the
sport. You can't be an Olympic discipline without at least the medal
winning athletes being medically "enhanced". Or do you see a...
Forum: Unicycling August 22nd 08, 11:56 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 45
Posted By Niko
Freestyle Discussion Thread

kapoute wrote:
Hi,

I started practicing stand-up wheel walk yesterday by going from
hopping in one place to stand-up but I have developped a pain in my
right knee because I think I'm...
Forum: Unicycling August 19th 08, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Niko
Dan Heaton on TV

uniryder wrote:
Holy crap!

Not sure if anyone else saw this, but I just found out there is a lot
more than just the commercial on the site...

If you click on the arrow next to the...
Forum: Unicycling August 18th 08, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Niko
!!!!!!! Switch Uni Mag 3 in ENGLISH !!!!!!

Cool, will this magazine eventually be available through Municycle.com?

--
Niko

the harder you try, the dumber you...
Forum: Unicycling August 18th 08, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By Niko
Ti Nimbus?

Smilymarco wrote:
As far as i know there will also be a freestyle version of the frame,
but you should ask Roger about that.

Thanks, I will ask Roger. Let's hope for the best!

--
Forum: Unicycling August 17th 08, 12:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11

The wide frame looks also perfect for freestyle. I wonder if they will
offer such a version (not sure if the tire clearance of the
trial-version would be compatible with a freestyle wheelset). I...
Forum: Unicycling August 8th 08, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 3
Posted By Niko
crankroll question

Note that your whole body has to move forward when the wheel moves
forward, otherwise the wheel will just roll away under you and you fall
of backwards.

--
Niko

the harder you try, the dumber you...
Forum: Unicycling August 6th 08, 10:59 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 43
Posted By Niko
Biker wipes out while muni cruises on, and other highlights

Installing Quicktime Alternative is an option.

I will not let the original Apple Quicktime anywhere near my computer,
as it is one of the worst malwares out there.

--
Niko

the harder you try,...
Forum: Unicycling July 12th 08, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By Niko
Drilled Rims suck?!

Unicorn wrote:
Rather, I'll weaken the claim to say that the blade *feels* stiffer to
the user who is waving it around -- because it's stiffer for its
weight.

That is exactly what was said...
Forum: Unicycling July 6th 08, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Niko
"I.S.I.S." or "Isis"

vanpaun wrote:
Its just Koxx who does that, because, like there name, their dicks.

That's what I thought as well. But according to one of the major
unicycle shops its not just Koxx. There are...
Forum: Unicycling July 6th 08, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By Niko
"I.S.I.S." or "Isis"

ISIS sucks anyway since its not a standard at all. There is no guarantee
of compatibility whatsovever. The manufacturers took care of this, the
ISIS organization does not care, customers loose. You...
Forum: Unicycling July 3rd 08, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By Niko
Custom Made Titanium Frame's and Seatpost's

enahs wrote:
The reason to make a uni like this is obvious, a inexpensive geared uni.

Yeah, so that's why you want this in titanium right? Real smart.
:rolleyes: Instead of spending "hours on...
Forum: Unicycling April 11th 08, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 40
Posted By Niko
Koxx One Released Alien Backflip line!

paco wrote:
Off topic, but before I clicked on the Koxx-One link, I -knew- it was
going to be full of Flash.

Yeah. There is nothing as annoying as a craptastic flash site. It's
like having a...
Forum: Unicycling March 14th 08, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 69
Posted By Niko
Carbon Fiber Base Thread...

muzzle wrote:
Could be a good idea. I'm thinking a thin sheet of plastic rather than
rubber for the top, and innertube for between the base and post.
I'll also be ditching the chromo post in...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 08, 11:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 44
Posted By Niko
Koxx 2008- new components and ideas discussion thread

brendan wrote:
i rode on a new koxx red russian (cheers mike :P) and the koxx light
isis cranks seemed to have different inserts that are more beefy than
on normal koxx cranks. Dont know if...
Forum: Unicycling January 3rd 08, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 44
Posted By Niko
Koxx 2008- new components and ideas discussion thread

Koxx also has to do something about the steel inserts lossening in their
aluminum cranks. KH's seem to suffer much less from this problem. If
they go true ISIS one could at least switch the cranks to...
Forum: Unicycling November 27th 07, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 135
Posted By Niko
Freestyle Discussion Thread

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
I'm lost. Will the Koxx-one light ISIS 90 cranks fit one the Nimbus X
hub?

Not really. It seems that what Koxx sells as ISIS is outside the ISIS
specs, so it's actually...
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 07, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 135
Posted By Niko
Freestyle Discussion Thread

Wow, thanks for the link, I didn't know that.

--
Niko

-the harder you try, the dumber you look.-
Niko's Profile:...
Forum: Unicycling November 25th 07, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 135
Posted By Niko
Freestyle Discussion Thread

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
Meh, I'll just buy a Nimbus X. It comes with a Nimbus Gel Saddle.

Will this be a good idea?
Is it a good uni?

This certainly is a decent freestyle uni.
However, my...
Forum: Unicycling November 23rd 07, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 8
Posted By Niko
KH Freeride seat good for freestyle? (+ a few more Q's)

rogeratunicycledotcom wrote:
Are we? bummer when did that happen. :-S

Roger

Ooops, sorry, I didn't mean to offend you :o ;)

I know that unicycle.co.uk is pretty independent of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 108