Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jules
Forum: Australia August 9th 07, 01:04 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Jules
GPS handlebar mounts

Hey yeah I didn't think to search for "phone mounts" etc..

This looks to be the goods:
http://www.expansys.com.au/d.aspx?i=147690

Cheers,
Jules
Forum: Australia August 8th 07, 07:09 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Jules
GPS handlebar mounts

Got one of those very very cool Nokia GPS phones, and for no particular
reason I'd love to mount it on the handlebars of my bike.

Anyone got any suggestions? Try to make one? Modify some OEM...
Forum: Australia July 28th 07, 01:19 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By Jules
Cheap carbon roadies...

Fairly impressive price from MBC he

http://www.bikes.ashop.com.au/p/359411/mbc-r1-carbon-shimano-ultegra.html

And a 105 version for $1799.
Forum: Australia July 17th 07, 05:20 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By Jules
And some of mine too...

Over 'ere
http://www.flickr.com/photos/z0s0/tags/le+tour
Forum: Australia May 24th 07, 11:05 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 36
Posted By Jules
As promised..

That is HAWWWT. Nice!

cfsmtb wrote:
Had another twiddle with the usb cable, so here's pics of the newly
powdercoated RED Steed.

The kitchen. The most obvious place to put a frame.
Forum: Australia May 24th 07, 08:41 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 27
Posted By Jules
26x1.25 slick tyres on a MTB

BT Humble wrote:
After several weeks of vacillation I finally bit the bullet and bought
a pair of 26x1.25" tyres and a 10-pack of tubes from Torpedo7. They
arrived today, so I spent half an...
Forum: Australia May 22nd 07, 08:19 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 10
Posted By Jules
Using motorcycle panniers on the pushy

I have some throw-over motorcycle panniers that were sitting in a
cupboard for a few years now, and it occurred to me that they might be
re-purposable.

I chucked them onto the rack, and with one...
Forum: Australia May 16th 07, 08:11 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By Jules
Adjusting gear indices

Derailleurs (whether front or rear) have three adjustments:
inner travel limit, outer travel limit, and inner/outer
relativity (the fine tuning of indexing).

Ok - so what you're saying is they...
Forum: Australia May 16th 07, 08:09 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By Jules
Adjusting gear indices

Cable anchor point
a) at derailleur, too far from pivot point (ie: is not anchored close
to securing nut)

Can you elaborate - I don't understand what you mean?

Are you sure the inner and...
Forum: Australia May 16th 07, 06:33 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By Jules
Adjusting gear indices

My MTB runs Deore rear and Acera front derailleurs. From the 2004 model
range, I believe.

The front, when on the large chainring, rubs against the chain. However
on the middle chainring it's...
Forum: Australia May 14th 07, 04:37 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 12
Posted By Jules
Bike security

It looks like it's in middle ring to me. Then again, with MTB gearing
and slicks that's still a pretty easy gear.

Gawd.... you bloody nerds!

Middle chainring, second from lowest cog on...
Forum: Australia May 13th 07, 08:28 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By Jules
26" inch city tyre recommendations?

My Conti sport contacts have worn down to the belts, so I think it's
time for some newies ;-)

I really love the sport contact, but I would like something with just a
little bit of tread on the...
Forum: Australia May 11th 07, 01:14 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 12
Posted By Jules
Bike security

Our dog has taken on the role of "vicious guard dog" to protect the bikes...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/z0s0/492285097/
Forum: Australia March 19th 07, 05:24 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 8
Posted By Jules
Numb feet - crap shoes or crap pedals?

On longer rides, my feet get quite uncomfortable, and sometimes a bit numb.

The pedals are shimano-SPD style MTB ones, and the shoes are probably a
bit on the flexy side.

I notice that road style...
Forum: Australia March 10th 07, 04:36 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 2
Posted By Jules
What's this worth?

Friend needs to offload a road bike, and I happen to be looking for one
;-) Size is right.

Gitane Mach 1800
2.5 years old
6200km
Full 105, carbon fork.
Lights, Sigma comp with cadence.
Recent new...
Forum: Australia March 6th 07, 11:53 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 37
Posted By Jules
First roadie, sora vs 105

My LBS has a very sexy black Avanti Vuelta with mostly 105 for $1500.
Carbon forks, seatpost... very nice and very tempted ;-)

Cranks are not 105, though. They're FSA something..

Or at the super...
Forum: Australia March 5th 07, 11:15 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 37
Posted By Jules
First roadie, sora vs 105

You're more likely to ride a nice bike than a heavy clunker, so if you
buy a cheaper bike thinking you won't ride it much then you probably
won't. On the other hand if you buy a really great...
Forum: Australia March 5th 07, 09:15 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 37
Posted By Jules
First roadie, sora vs 105

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Seems the common theme is "if you can afford 105, then get it".

Problem is, I don't really subscribe to that approach - sure, I could
afford a Dura-ace bike...
Forum: Australia March 5th 07, 02:06 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 37
Posted By Jules
First roadie, sora vs 105

I've figured it's time to stop slowly morphing my MTB into something
faster and just get a proper road bike.

I'm not looking to spend heaps of cash, partly because I figure there's
less...
Forum: Australia March 2nd 07, 03:19 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 4
Posted By Jules
Brunswick St Cycles.. Never again

The other half and I wandered down to BSC recently to buy her a
commuting bike - this one happily paid for by her employer.

The fellow who looked after us on that day, Mick, was very helpful, and...
Forum: Australia February 8th 07, 10:23 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 22
Posted By Jules
Fluid for chain cleaning

So I got a freebie recently - a strange contraption that you crank your
chain through to clean it and the jockey wheels etc.

Anyway, it needs to be filled with some kind of cleaning fluid.

What...
Forum: Australia February 7th 07, 09:02 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By Jules
New or rebuilt wheel?

I'm in Melb - recommended places to go for either option?

about $70ish for the rebuild (I recomend Abbotsford cycles under the
Richmond Train Station on Swan St.), or if you live near...
Forum: Australia February 6th 07, 09:48 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By Jules
New or rebuilt wheel?

Ok, 4 broken spokes in 3 months, I'm utterly sick of it.

It's a fairly basic 26" wheel on the back of my Giant Yukon.. I suppose
it cops a bit of a beating through 90 PSI slicks on pretty rough...
Forum: Australia January 9th 07, 10:58 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 7
Posted By Jules
Bike part prices in China

I'll hazard a guess (and a guess is all it is) that high end parts won't
be readily available, and when you do find them, they will be priced
similarly to what you see elsewhere in the...
Forum: Australia January 1st 07, 10:07 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 1
Posted By Jules
rides from Frankston

Favorited.. thanks!

AndrewJ wrote:
I've added two of my favourite rides from Frankston to bikely.com :

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Frankston-Loop-Hastings
Showing results 1 to 25 of 54