Showing results 1 to 25 of 155
Search took 2.39 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: turtle
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 334
Posted By turtle
Best Uni Photo thread

from today
rider: my son

|Filename: DSC04225-1.jpg |
|Download:...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By turtle
Pictures of your latest ride

lst ride with my son and my new xc setup with bike saddle

|Filename: DSC04227.jpg ...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By turtle
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

i tried the setup i showed above on my kh 29" on a 3 hour muni ride with
my son (8 years). i really liked the setup! but how everybody said the
T7 is to weak...mine is gone more or less...
Forum: Unicycling January 11th 09, 09:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By turtle
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

played a little bit with the T7 there is an other possibilitiy (will try
it in the afternoon)

|Filename: DSC04188.jpg ...
Forum: Unicycling January 10th 09, 07:38 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By turtle
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

@gizmo: do you never sleep?

i still thik for taller persons a T frame is perfect, and if your
weight is on your bottom and your hands the force goes direct down it is
also strong enough. i think a...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By turtle
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

GizmoDuck;1167590 wrote:

Hmmm...I reckon if you were to use it for MUni, you'd need a wider bar
for leverage. And definitely a low down position as well.

i think with a wider bar for...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By turtle
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

i used a normel steal-seatpost, bent the plate a little bit (heated it),
worked very well, probably not very strong :rolleyes:

for xc why not, for real muni/freeride, i'm not sure, but i'll try...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By turtle
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

as i said, i'm not really a road-rider so this are only guesses:
cut the nimbus would be a great idea, but i think it doesen't fit a
kh/schlumpf hub or does it?
is the T frame not stiff enough or to...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By turtle
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

i could give the flipped T7 a try. the ride was about an hour, traveling
speed: 25km/h.. steering: no prblem. i was able to shift the gear...
for me is this setup still to short, i can't use the...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 09:13 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By turtle
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

i'll try it for longer this afternoon, then i can tell how it is to
steer with it...

and i was at "my" welder, he is building me a T seatpost kind thing....
so the distance between the seat and the...
Forum: Unicycling January 9th 09, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By turtle
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

hm... a road bar, why not, but i think the trithlonbar is more
comfortable, is it not? i flipped the T7, the problem here is, my knees
are pretty close or to close to my ellbows, it's to short......
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By turtle
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

CoreTechs;1166895 wrote:
That's a neat idea, but I don't think the T7 seems strong enough...
Looks like it would bend at the rails pretty soon. I don't think I'd try
it.

i'll see...the...
Forum: Unicycling January 8th 09, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 116
Posted By turtle
Road Unicycle Set-Up and T7 Handle Modification

i'm not really a road rider... i prefer muni...but today i was bored and
i still have my 29" schlumpf...and i thought your idea is worth to try
it... it feels good, there is way less weight on my...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 81
Posted By turtle
Best Photos of 2008

three more (even a street one)...i can't let it be...sorry:rolleyes:

|Filename: n1447314806_30056389_1832.jpg ...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By turtle
Pictures of your latest ride

siafirede;1164830 wrote:
I probably won't go in May, but I will hopefully be in Europe this
summer sometime and I will definitely stop by Liechtenstein. Your
photos are always great.

that...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By turtle
Pictures of your latest ride

i found even a steeper one...and for all those with doubts, come in the
end of may to liechtenstein to the 'elsbet09'
(http://tinyurl.com/6wrakh) (liechtenstein and swiss muni meeting) and
i'll show...
Forum: Unicycling January 5th 09, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By turtle
Pictures of your latest ride

monocyclism;1162561 wrote:
I am curious about the green grass in the foreground - bottom right is
clearer. Seems to me the blades of grass are growing at 45 degrees to
horizontal - i.e. from...
Forum: Unicycling January 3rd 09, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 81
Posted By turtle
Best Photos of 2008

my personal best of 2008 album contains 80 pictures :eek: so its hard
for me to pick the best ones... and all of them are taken by camera
phone as lready said...but anyway, i think this one was...
Forum: Unicycling January 1st 09, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 81
Posted By turtle
Best Photos of 2008

i would be in, but my photos are all taken by my camera phone... :eek:

--
turtle

-'platzangst' (http://www.platzangst.com/)-
'-schlumpf-' (http://www.schlumpf.ch/)
'my vids'...
Forum: Unicycling December 31st 08, 11:09 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By turtle
Last ride of 2008

i posted already my last ride of 2008 he http://tinyurl.com/9mbuae

here are alle pics:http://picasaweb.google.de/einrad2/2008MuniAlpspitz#

--
turtle

-'platzangst'...
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By turtle
Pictures of your latest ride

jaco_flans;1160613 wrote:
Liechtenstein is awsome, I got to go ride there one day for sure.:)
Is it real that there is more compagnies than people??

...i think canada is a perfect place to...
Forum: Unicycling December 30th 08, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By turtle
Pictures of your latest ride

this morning i did my end of the year ride! my lovely wife drove me up
to 1485masl, from there i hiked and rode up to the "alpspitz" 2000masl!
from there i could ride all the way down to may home in...
Forum: Unicycling December 28th 08, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By turtle
a south african in the snow!!

justin from south africa stays in zurich and he came today to
liechtenstein to do a real "muni-ride";) we took the bus to 1600masl,
hiked up to 1800 and took all the way down to 450masl :eek:

it...
Forum: Unicycling December 26th 08, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By turtle
Pictures of your latest ride

an other good day:

|Filename: DSC03945.jpg |
|Download:...
Forum: Unicycling December 23rd 08, 08:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By turtle
Pictures of your latest ride

this morning on my way to work: