Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 1.28 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: G Wood
Forum: Mountain Biking October 29th 07, 08:34 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 1
Posted By G Wood
RR: Eight Mile Creek, Oregon

After a long dry (riding) spell, my wife and I snuck up to do a ride in the
Mt Hood National Forest, near Hood River, Oregon. This particular ride is
an elongated loop in the valley that surrounds...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 15th 07, 03:16 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 11
Posted By G Wood
Shoeless Joe...

"JD" wrote in message
On Oct 13, 8:24 am, Ed Pirrero wrote:
There is a wide range of...
Forum: Techniques August 22nd 07, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 180
Posted By G Wood
I don't understand - what is this for?

"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman" wrote in message
Mamba ? wrote:
"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman"...
Forum: Mountain Biking August 22nd 07, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 184
Posted By G Wood
I don't understand - what is this for?

"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman" wrote in message
Mamba ? wrote:
"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman"...
Forum: General August 22nd 07, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 181
Posted By G Wood
I don't understand - what is this for?

"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman" wrote in message
Mamba ? wrote:
"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman"...
Forum: Mountain Biking May 5th 07, 12:55 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 6
Posted By G Wood
So how do I pick my seat ?

Bicycle seat that is...

I've been doing a lot of bike commuting to work while I wait for the local
trails to melt and dry out. The seat on my commuter was terrible, so I
swapped my comfy seat off...
Forum: Mountain Biking April 30th 07, 09:30 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 24
Posted By G Wood
My frame is better than yours!

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
Phil, Non-Squid wrote:
Forum: Mountain Biking March 24th 07, 01:49 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 28
Posted By G Wood
changing into/out of what you wear for biking

In my SUV. The tinted windows are nice and dark and I'm short enough to
lay out on the back seat.

Somewhat related story from a buddy many years ago.

He was at a trailhead near a gear...
Forum: Mountain Biking March 24th 07, 01:46 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 28
Posted By G Wood
changing into/out of what you wear for biking

"Micheal Artindale" wrote in message
When you are driving to a trailhrad which has not facilities (washrooms,
changerooms...) and...
Forum: Mountain Biking March 23rd 07, 04:45 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 1
Posted By G Wood
LARGE RANGE OF PRODUCT CHOICES

Yeah, I dying to do business with this non-scamming, spamming a##hole.
Domain admin specs:

c, w
3 hibbert street
hanm, l513uu
United Kingdom
08745268541
Forum: Mountain Biking January 5th 07, 02:10 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 46
Posted By G Wood
MB Suggestions Around $500

wrote in message
Name a Cannondale that isnt top line. They are made in America and
world championship...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 6th 06, 11:22 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 13
Posted By G Wood
Didn't this NG used to be about mountain biking?

Hey Tom

Are you the prospective buyer of said frame, or selling it? Just curious -
that's my FS ride.

"tom" wrote in...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 6th 06, 11:15 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 5
Posted By G Wood
ER - Answer Speeder 2006 Shoes

slight tongue in cheek
$200 for shoes? That's more than I paid for my current beater hardtail. -
which rides great.

serious now
I've been riding the same pair of $39 on sale specials for 5-6...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 4th 06, 01:14 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 5
Posted By G Wood
OT, new toy

My bad. Thought it was one of the rally style bikes that are made for
endurance racing off the asphalt. The styling isn't that far off, but at
second glance this is definitely a hard-surface...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 2nd 06, 12:36 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 2
Posted By G Wood
Klein Adept Race noise

Well, it may not have been the smartest thing, but after greasing the
seatpost again, I decided to add some wax based white lightning lube to my
main pivots. Seems to have aleviated the noise. ...
Forum: Mountain Biking December 1st 06, 01:24 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 5
Posted By G Wood
OT, new toy

Sweet looking ride, but an 1100 for back woods stuff? Or is this a
wanna-do-the-Dakar-rally bike?

"Shaun Bell" wrote in message
No, it's...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 26th 06, 05:09 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 17
Posted By G Wood
Newfangled disc brakes

Got the same fork/brake setup on my Klein XC, and also a set on my wife's
Stumpjumper. You've got a few pounds on us, but I doubt stopping power will
be much of an issue.

Some squeal issues after a...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 12th 06, 01:33 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 21
Posted By G Wood
Buddy looking for Moab "guide"

"JD" wrote in message

G Wood wrote:
snip something for nothing request

Yeah, I asked for info and perhaps a...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 10th 06, 04:12 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 21
Posted By G Wood
Buddy looking for Moab "guide"

Buddy Bill is en route to the 4 corners area for work and is wrangling a day
or so to ride in the Moab area. He's never been there, and would prefer a
ride with somebody who knows the area. He...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 6th 06, 06:03 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 0
Posted By G Wood
RR: Different sort - FS and HT

I've been riding my trusty Klein FS for three seasons now, and recently
picked up a basic hardtail for commuting - yes, via roads.

Having not ridden a hardtail or some time, I took it up on some of...
Forum: Mountain Biking October 6th 06, 05:42 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 8
Posted By G Wood
New tire recommendations, please.

I'm not sure about the rear-specific slant of your question, but I have a
couple of recommendations for all-around XC tires - these may or may not
suit your riding venue or style.

My wife uses...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 30th 06, 05:07 PM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 16
Posted By G Wood
Where no one has biked before...

Yep. For folks not familiar with the area, look at a map where the borders
of Oregon, Idaho and Nevado meet. Go 20 miles or so northwest. Dat's da
place.

"small change" ...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 26th 06, 04:30 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 16
Posted By G Wood
Where no one has biked before...

Better late than never. If anyone's interested...

http://home.pacifier.com/~gwandsh/steens/DSCN0162.JPG - Taking a break while
riding up a burned out canyon. Still on the high desert here en route...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 21st 06, 05:54 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 16
Posted By G Wood
Where no one has biked before...

None that do it justice, but I'll try to set up some links in a day or two.

"Paladin" wrote in message

Great...
Forum: Mountain Biking September 21st 06, 02:52 AM Posted to alt.mountain-bike
Replies: 16
Posted By G Wood
Where no one has biked before...

Spent some time in the very remote Steens Mountain area of south Oregon last
week. Stayed at a pack camp at 7200', and hiked around a lot at high
elevations. You guys who ride high country all the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26