Showing results 1 to 25 of 141
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: TonyMelton
Forum: Unicycling January 7th 09, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By TonyMelton
Wheel Walk Unicycle. (Home Made)

Max Dingemanns in Minneapolis has a similar unicycle. He called it a
'coasting unicycle' and his had no brakes but BMX foot pegs on the axle.
The foot pegs made it possibly easier to mount than your...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By TonyMelton
My new KH/Schlumpf 36!!!

GizmoDuck;1148109 wrote:
Heh, I once had the only geared unicycle in the Southern Hemisphere.

I currently have the only Titanium unicycle I know of in the Southern
Hemisphere

Keith McKay...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 32
Posted By TonyMelton
Australian UniNats 09. ?

Races are fun, even if they aren't your speciality. Participation in as
many events as possible is encouraged at the UniNats and makes for a
better competition for everyone.

isaactrialsuni;1152448...
Forum: Unicycling December 12th 08, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 38
Posted By TonyMelton
My new KH/Schlumpf 36!!!

Klaas Bil;1147052 wrote:
You might be the first comsumer (household, technically) worldwide that
has three Schlumpfs.

Right now there are four KH-Schlumpf hubs at Peter Bier's house. One...
Forum: Unicycling December 7th 08, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 26
Posted By TonyMelton
Which spoke gauge is best for KH29 MUni?

Given a choice I prefer to build wheels with 14G spokes rather than 13G.
As Rowan pointed out spoke washers are a good idea if you're using 14G
spokes in hubs drilled for 13G (which includes the KH...
Forum: Unicycling December 2nd 08, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By TonyMelton
Flying to New Zealand (Unicon 15)

When I flew to UNICON 13 I went Auckland, Bangkok, Zurich and returned
the same way. I had a killer 12 hour stopover in Bangkok on the way back
which made the whole journey a lot longer - like 36+...
Forum: Unicycling November 21st 08, 11:42 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By TonyMelton
Small Unicycles

Maybe Tommi Miller at The Unicycle Factory could custom build one for
you http://gwyn.tux.org/~bagleyd/unicycle_factory/index.html

--
TonyMelton

'Take a squizz at my YouTube...
Forum: Unicycling November 21st 08, 11:18 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By TonyMelton
Custom made unis by Ed Mosimann

That custom 36" was built for Bronson Silva. Ed Mosimann is no longer
making unicycles, AFAIK.

--
TonyMelton

'Take a squizz at my YouTube...
Forum: Unicycling November 21st 08, 11:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By TonyMelton
Guni wheel-build question

I stood on all four Schlumpf wheels I built! As long as the button
facing the floor is pushed in I see no reason why not.

--
TonyMelton

'Take a squizz at my YouTube...
Forum: Unicycling November 2nd 08, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 9
Posted By TonyMelton
KH frame bearing holder problem/question

You could try putting another ISIS wheelset in the frame and seeing
whether the problem is still there. Then you'll know whether its the
frame or the bearings which is causing the problem.

--...
Forum: Unicycling November 2nd 08, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 56
Posted By TonyMelton
Help! Stuck Schlumpf Shifter Button

GizmoDuck;1122722 wrote:

Have you tightened your torque lever? I had some play with the road
hub and it went once I tigheted the torque lever. Also, your frame does
flex a bit...you could...
Forum: Unicycling November 1st 08, 11:36 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By TonyMelton
Six unicyclists take on six hour Pukete Spaghetti race.

Thanks heaps guys!

There are a couple more photos of us unicyclists on the 'race's
webpage' (http://www.hamiltonmtb.org.nz/pagefiles/spaghetti.html) now.

There are now 'results available'...
Forum: Unicycling November 1st 08, 11:20 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 56
Posted By TonyMelton
Help! Stuck Schlumpf Shifter Button

Oh yes, Florian sells pre-calibrated torque screwdrivers as an
accessory. From personal experience I can highly recommend these to
owners of the Schlumpf road hub. They make tightening up the 1.5mm...
Forum: Unicycling November 1st 08, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 56
Posted By TonyMelton
Help! Stuck Schlumpf Shifter Button

GizmoDuck;1122575 wrote:
50 Nm

I want to throw the damn thing out the window. Just spent the last
hour trying to hold the shfit shaft and unscrew the stuck button, now I
think I've...
Forum: Unicycling October 30th 08, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling

'Race report and photos here' (http://tinyurl.com/5z4p9w). Check it out!

--
TonyMelton

'Take a squizz at my YouTube...
Forum: Unicycling October 11th 08, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 51
Posted By TonyMelton
UNICON 14 DOCUMENTARY - by Jess Riegel

Great movie, Jess! The gliding section at Sondermark School turned out
really well.

Good music and editing, too! :)

--
TonyMelton

'Take a squizz at my YouTube videos!'
Forum: Unicycling October 7th 08, 06:00 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By TonyMelton
couple days in munis paradise

Wow what great photos! Looks like a fantastic place to ride. Wishing I
was back in Switzerland...

--
TonyMelton

'Take a squizz at my YouTube...
Forum: Unicycling October 7th 08, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By TonyMelton
New Coker offroad tyre!

UniKid2;1108603 wrote:
appoligy accepted

What's an 'appoligy'? Nonetheless what's different to that thread is
that the tyre is now available for sale. I actually found this...
Forum: Unicycling October 6th 08, 12:15 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 1
Posted By TonyMelton
freestyle unicycle

The Nimbus X Freestyle is a very good freestyle unicycle. As Peter said
my red unicycle which you've seen before is one of the prototypes for
the Nimbus X. I've been very happy with my red freestyle...
Forum: Unicycling October 6th 08, 11:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 10
Posted By TonyMelton
New Coker offroad tyre!

Apologies if this has been posted here already, but Coker have a new
offroad tyre. Its marginally wider than other 36" tyres by 1/8", but the
coolest thing about it is its tread pattern which...
Forum: Unicycling October 6th 08, 11:26 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 0
Posted By TonyMelton
New Coker BigOne! Question about seat clamp, brake mounts

Apologies if this has been posted here already, but Coker have a new
offroad tyre now. Its marginally wider than other 36" tyres by 1/8", but
the coolest thing about it is its tread pattern which...
Forum: Unicycling October 6th 08, 10:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 190
Posted By TonyMelton
MUni discussion thread

Tyre sizes vary a lot even within a stated tyre size and what is written
on the tyre's sidewall has to be taken with a grain of salt. Gazzaloddi
24x3" tyres are definitely wider than Duro 24x3"...
Forum: Unicycling October 3rd 08, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By TonyMelton
Evolution of a Schlumpf

siafirede;1106341 wrote:
Nice. I see you switched to 152 from 140mm

Yes I did that after the 10km race in preparation for the UNICON
marathon. I felt I didn't have quite enough power with 140s...
Forum: Unicycling October 3rd 08, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 2
Posted By TonyMelton
replacement cranks for bicycle euro

Bicycle Euro cranks are no longer being made. :(

--
TonyMelton

'Take a squizz at my YouTube...
Forum: Unicycling October 3rd 08, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 11
Posted By TonyMelton
Did they forget to put spacers on.

hungry4uni;1106463 wrote:
its a nimbus isis hub

What I said about not being able to see the splines still applies.
There should be spacers between the hub flange and bearing and between
the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 141