allen screws and torque by Emanuel Berg[_2_]
I take it allen screws (or "socket head cap screws") and hex bolts have the same standard torque values? If I read the charts correctly, if you find an allen...
those darned NYC cyclists again by AMuzi
https://nypost.com/2018/10/18/man-says-bike-riding-crooks-swiped-95k-watch-off-his-wrist/ Funny story if it's someone else's watch. -- Andrew Muzi ...
by John B. Slocomb Go to last post
37 136 Techniques
Replacing a used front rim by Tanguy Ortolo
Hello all, A couple of months ago, I noticed my rear rim was worn out, with some scratches I attributed to braking with sand or gravel on the pads....
Reputable e-trike supplier around Sydney? by news18
Ddoes any one know of any? After a bit of webn searching, it seems there might be one in Sydney and the next is in Canberra. Just about all the trikes are...
Today 03:53 AM
by news18 Go to last post
2 62 Australia
rockshox front sag by [email protected]
I don't understand why there is a whole little science to this with so many YouTube videos . There is the weight of the rider plus clothes etc. There is the...
Buy that wheelbuilder a drink! by AMuzi
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/09/24/21/4517082-6202141-One_man_was_spotted_in_despair_after_his_car_was_badly_damaged_b-a-200_1537819759698.jpg Nice...
by N8N[_2_] Go to last post
46 362 Techniques
Australian drivers carve up cyclists (short video) by Bod[_5_]
Cyclist death toll is mainly due to drivers, so change the road laws and culture 'THERE’S a glaring problem on our roads that is killing countless...
Illegal trails: Investigation into mountain bike paths on MountCanobolas (Australia) by Mike Vandeman[_4_]
https://www.centralwesterndaily.com.au/story/5668815/illegal-trails-investigation-into-mountain-bike-paths-on-mount-canobolas/?cs=12 Illegal trails:...
Today 12:34 AM
by Mike Vandeman[_4_] Go to last post
0 13 Mountain Biking
WHOOPS! Report: Man Dies Mountain Biking On Expert Trail At SnowmassSki Area (CO) by Mike Vandeman[_4_]
"This is the second mountain-biking death on the trail in just over a year, according to the Times. A 67-year-old man from Kentucky died on the Valhalla trail...
Today 12:33 AM
by Mike Vandeman[_4_] Go to last post
0 8 Mountain Biking
Wow! Mountain dirt biking is so much "fun" and so "healthy", too! (BC) by Mike Vandeman[_4_]
From: Subject: MTBers brains connected to their asses... ? Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 17:35:54 -0700 From our own local Capilano University rag, in North...
Today 12:33 AM
by Mike Vandeman[_4_] Go to last post
0 10 Mountain Biking
I’m Raising Money To Teach A Tribe in Uganda How To Build Mountain Biking Trails by Mike Vandeman[_4_]
Oh, great! More colonizing and habitat destruction! Just what Uganda needs!...
Today 12:32 AM
by Mike Vandeman[_4_] Go to last post
0 9 Mountain Biking
WHOOPS! “His leg was really twisted over” (Australia) by Mike Vandeman[_4_]
https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/5686607/mountain-biking-youth-injured-at-black-hill/ Mountain biking youth injured at Black Hill Local News The injured...
Today 12:32 AM
by Mike Vandeman[_4_] Go to last post
0 12 Mountain Biking
See how stupid mountain biking is! by Mike Vandeman[_4_]
At 11:43 AM 10/6/2018, wrote: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/7-of-the-weirdest-mtb-instagram-accounts.html A ship of fools, indeed The fact that they...
Today 12:31 AM
by Mike Vandeman[_4_] Go to last post
0 12 Mountain Biking
WHOOPS! An active member of Penticton's mountain biking circle had ahorrific accident over Thanksgiving weekend (BC) by Mike Vandeman[_4_]
https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/238783/Beloved-biker-needs-help Beloved biker needs help Chelsea Powrie - Oct 10, 2018 / 10:25 am | Story:...
Today 12:31 AM
by Mike Vandeman[_4_] Go to last post
0 10 Mountain Biking
Mountain Bikers DRIVE 75 Miles Just to Mountain Bike! (CA) by Mike Vandeman[_4_]
And only because of "opportunities to get some air and breeze around the swooping corners" (i.e., violate the speed limit). So much for their alleged concern...
Today 12:30 AM
by Mike Vandeman[_4_] Go to last post
0 12 Mountain Biking
Written on a Mountain Bike: "Big Ripper" and "Public Enemy" by Mike Vandeman[_4_]
I noticed those phrases painted on a mountain bike by the manufacturer. Mountain bikers make it plain as day what their attitude is! So why don't people get...
Today 12:30 AM
by Mike Vandeman[_4_] Go to last post
0 12 Mountain Biking
WHOOPS! British mountain biker shot dead by hunter in French Alps by Mike Vandeman[_4_]
Hunting: perhaps the only activity dumber than mountain biking.... Mike https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-45855897 British mountain biker shot dead by hunter in...
Today 12:29 AM
by Mike Vandeman[_4_] Go to last post
0 10 Mountain Biking
IMBA Promises to Build More Trails (i.e., Destroy More Habitat!)! by Mike Vandeman[_4_]
Subject: Bid for Trails, New Gnar, New Video From: "IMBA" Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 01:40:51 +0000 (UTC) View in your browser...
Today 12:29 AM
by Mike Vandeman[_4_] Go to last post
0 12 Mountain Biking
"Ripping" and "Pimping" a wildlife corridor (Monterey, CA) by Mike Vandeman[_4_]
Typical brazen mountain biker: he photographs himself breaking the law, knowing none of his peers will complain about it! Mountain bikers' middle name is...
Today 12:28 AM
by Mike Vandeman[_4_] Go to last post
0 12 Mountain Biking
The Cost of Mountain Biking, Part One: Why Mass-Market Bikes Don’t Last by Mike Vandeman[_4_]
.... because no bike can withstand the pounding they receive on a natural-surface trail. That's why the human body isn't made out of metal!...
Today 12:27 AM
by Mike Vandeman[_4_] Go to last post
0 10 Mountain Biking
The Reaper for Kids ($1949-$2849 USD)... by Mike Vandeman[_4_]
From: Subject: The Reaper for Kids... Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 12:15:36 -0700 The kids are learning to destroy nature.... ...
Today 12:26 AM
by Mike Vandeman[_4_] Go to last post
0 12 Mountain Biking
Mountain-biker from Abington sentenced on three bank holdups (MA) by Mike Vandeman[_4_]
"Mountain biking builds character", right?...
Today 12:26 AM
by Mike Vandeman[_4_] Go to last post
0 12 Mountain Biking
Mountain bikers say they ride off-road because it's safer than ridingon the road. Is that true? No! by Mike Vandeman[_4_]
Mountain bikers say they ride off-road because it's safer than riding on the road. Is that true? No: "In some Canadian provinces, mountain biking is a popular...
Today 12:25 AM
by Mike Vandeman[_4_] Go to last post
0 5 Mountain Biking
Highway Code may include 'Dutch reach' to keep cyclists safe by Bod[_5_]
Measures to help protect cyclists, including encouraging people to adopt the "Dutch reach", are expected to be included in the new Highway Code. The method...