Showing results 1 to 25 of 159
Search took 0.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dave
Forum: Australia March 28th 07, 08:14 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 31
Posted By dave
Bike tube etiquette

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Sat, 24 Mar 2007 12:24:22 +1100
DaveB wrote:

Tex wrote:

Why aren't *they* carrying a repair...
Forum: Australia March 28th 07, 07:48 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 6
Posted By dave
Ride 2 School Day

DaveB wrote:
flyingdutch wrote:

i think (hard to keep up! the ride2school crew are really kicking some
goals thus far..) there are approx 350+ primary schools vic-wide
involved. 40,000+...
Forum: Australia March 28th 07, 07:38 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 47
Posted By dave
Getting a bike for my wife

wrote:
On Mar 25, 10:47 pm, Terryc wrote:

wrote:

So, essentially I am thinking of a budget...
Forum: Australia March 7th 07, 08:11 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 37
Posted By dave
First roadie, sora vs 105

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on 5 Mar 2007 15:45:14 -0800
Donga wrote:

People drop huge amounts of money on a car, then baulk at buying a
decent...
Forum: Australia March 2nd 07, 02:13 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 36
Posted By dave
"Cyclists need good manners"

Euan wrote:
Peter Signorini wrote:

"Zebee Johnstone" wrote:

I dunno. You assume the woman was not crossing legitimately, and that
the "yelled at us to hurry up" was a call of...
Forum: Australia November 25th 06, 07:28 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 99
Posted By dave
Do I really have to wear a helmet while cycling in Victoria?

On 2006-11-22, Friday (aka Bruce)
dave wrote:
Give me a fence picket and see how well your helmet survives :)
Lets see how...
Forum: Australia November 25th 06, 07:22 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 99
Posted By dave
Do I really have to wear a helmet while cycling in Victoria?

Duracell Bunny wrote:
Euan Wrote:
Duracell Bunny wrote:

Shame you can't have a difference of opinion without resorting to
personal insults.
--
Cheers
EuanNot meant as an -ad...

On 2006-11-24, Gags (aka Bruce)
Not sure if this is dodgy or not but a guy in NSW with only two ebay sales
is currently...
Forum: Australia November 25th 06, 07:13 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 99
Posted By dave
Do I really have to wear a helmet while cycling in Victoria?

Duracell Bunny wrote:
dave Wrote:
Duracell Bunny wrote:

The only thing I object to is you telling me it saved you from serious
injury when your evidence, however much you believe it is...
Forum: Australia November 23rd 06, 11:29 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 99
Posted By dave
Do I really have to wear a helmet while cycling in Victoria?

cfsmtb wrote:
Anyone remember a particular comedy routine (circa mid 80's) performed
by George Smilovic? :p

Na. Not that old and always had better taste :)
Forum: Australia November 23rd 06, 07:13 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 99
Posted By dave
Do I really have to wear a helmet while cycling in Victoria?

Friday wrote:

Yesterday I trimmed up a kevlar canoe that I'm making. If you think
kevlar won't stop a knife then you've obviously not worked with the
stuff. Kevlar vests are to stop...
Forum: Australia November 23rd 06, 07:02 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 99
Posted By dave
Do I really have to wear a helmet while cycling in Victoria?

Duracell Bunny wrote:

I wore a helmet long before they were compulsory, and will continue to
do so. Sure, it messes up my hair. But it's worth it.

Karen

Forum: Australia November 22nd 06, 08:48 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 11
Posted By dave
Tour de France - Not for these two-wheeled pests

cfsmtb wrote:
Knee jerk simplistic bull**** from a chap who's feeling a bit
threatened.

Feel free to contact Mr Craig Hackney.
http://www.sportingo.com/craig-hackney/1000,150

Forum: Australia November 22nd 06, 08:38 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 25
Posted By dave
Left hand threads.

Duracell Bunny wrote:
Moike wrote:
Given the confusion they cause, is there any rational reason for
having a left
hand thread on left side pedals?

Was it simply a mistake made long...
Forum: Australia November 22nd 06, 08:37 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 25
Posted By dave
Left hand threads.

wrote:
Michael Warner wrote:
On 20 Nov 2006 22:13:16 +0200, Moike wrote:

Given the confusion they cause, is there any rational reason for
having...
Forum: Australia November 22nd 06, 08:32 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 99
Posted By dave
Do I really have to wear a helmet while cycling in Victoria?

Friday wrote:
dave wrote:
Euan wrote:
MikeyOz wrote:
raisethe Wrote:
raisethe wrote:
Without wishing to re-ignite the helmet debate, I would just point out
that I only...
Forum: Australia November 20th 06, 06:17 PM Posted to aus.bicycle

Euan wrote:
MikeyOz wrote:
raisethe Wrote:
raisethe wrote:
Without wishing to re-ignite the helmet debate, I would just point out
that I only cycle at 8 mph, hardly faster than a...
Forum: Australia November 12th 06, 07:24 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 39
Posted By dave
Brisbane driver stories

On 2006-11-03, PHATRS (aka Bruce)
Donga wrote:
As I rode past the Mater hospital this morning, a car was coming out of
the...
Forum: Australia November 10th 06, 09:09 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 35
Posted By dave
Derailler giving me the sh!ts

BT Humble wrote:
Bean Long wrote:
Theo Bekkers wrote:
BT Humble wrote:

Incdentally, what day in March? My birthday is the 7th, dad's is the
17th and mum's is the 30th.
May...
Forum: Australia November 9th 06, 08:47 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 35
Posted By dave
Why are expensive bikes better than cheap ones?

Boostland wrote:
"blah" wrote in message
Boostland wrote:

One thing to note is that I have put the...
Forum: Australia October 31st 06, 06:29 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 30
Posted By dave
Back in black...

ghostgum wrote:
TimC Wrote:
My boss asked me whether I had a car the other day at tea. I said no.
Then someone later asked whether I had a girlfriend. I said no.
Someone else realised I...
Forum: Australia October 31st 06, 06:24 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 38
Posted By dave
"Comfortable" road bikes

Artoi wrote:
In article ,
"Bleve" wrote:

Artoi wrote:

Sorry for not being specific.

I note a...
Forum: Australia October 31st 06, 06:22 AM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 38
Posted By dave
"Comfortable" road bikes

Bleve wrote:
Artoi wrote:

Sorry for not being specific.

I note a number road bike frames has the same dimensions in terms of
wheel base, chain stay length etc per above, but one...
Forum: Australia October 31st 06, 06:18 AM Posted to aus.tv,aus.bicycle,rec.pets.herp
Replies: 27
Posted By dave
Bindi Irwin

Edward Dolan wrote:
"lynx" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
Anyone but me think that Irwin's wife...
Forum: Australia October 29th 06, 09:10 PM Posted to aus.bicycle
Replies: 38
Posted By dave
"Comfortable" road bikes

rdk wrote:
Can someone correct or explain my understanding of the following:

Is the Giant TCR more racier, and the OCR more comfortable?
In Specialized, is the Sequoia more comfortable than...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 159