Showing results 1 to 25 of 498
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: D'ohBoy
Forum: Techniques November 22nd 10, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By D'ohBoy
Follow-on to Carbon wheel discussion

On Nov 22, 9:59*am, landotter wrote:
On Nov 22, 1:48*am, John B. wrote:
[snip]

Kool Stop:

States that carbon should not be used with rim...
Forum: Techniques September 16th 10, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 12
Posted By D'ohBoy
Why wooden rims are superior to carbon fibre reinforced plastic rims

On Sep 16, 12:48*pm, Andre Jute wrote:
As noted elsewhere, I have considerable experience in structural
reinforced plastics. As a reminder to those who think the carbon in
Forum: Techniques September 8th 10, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By D'ohBoy
Paired-spoke hub laced to standard-drilled rim?

On Sep 8, 11:16*am, Dave wrote:
I have a pair of very nice DT made hubs from a pair of Bontrager
paired spoke wheels that I'd like to relace into a pair of rims with
Forum: Techniques August 31st 10, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 139
Posted By D'ohBoy
On the constant malice of the petty scum on RBT

On Aug 31, 1:19*pm, Andre Jute wrote:

Once more, why should I care **** what you think?

If you really *didn't give a ***** you wouldn't respond. But I can
tell by your...
Forum: Techniques June 7th 10, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 153
Posted By D'ohBoy
carbon monocoque frames

Lou wrote:

I don't know. 1100 gr compared to sub 1000 gr can make a huge difference
with CF.

True dat.

D'ohBoy
Forum: Techniques June 5th 10, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 153
Posted By D'ohBoy
carbon monocoque frames

On Jun 3, 12:08*pm, Lou Holtman wrote:
Op 3-6-2010 7:20, yirgster schreef:

When I bought my sub 1 kg CF frame I took a 3-5 year
life expectancy into...
Forum: General May 12th 10, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By D'ohBoy
Looking for Advice on Riding Skyline Drive in VA (Front Royal?)

I am going to DC for my FiLs memorial service and wanted to get like a
50 miler in and a friend recommended Skyline Drive from Front Royal.
All the routes I can find online are either one way or...
Forum: Techniques March 23rd 10, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By D'ohBoy
Some pics of the Reforkification WAS: Campy 10v Headset Baseplate(Crown Race) Question - Mr. Muzi?

On Mar 22, 6:19*am, "D'ohBoy" wrote:
On Mar 22, 1:11 am, Hank wrote:

On Mar 19, 6:24 am, "D'ohBoy" wrote:

The JB...
Forum: Techniques March 22nd 10, 12:19 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By D'ohBoy
Campy 10v Headset Baseplate (Crown Race) Question - Mr. Muzi?

On Mar 22, 1:11 am, Hank wrote:
On Mar 19, 6:24 am, "D'ohBoy" wrote:

The JB Weld holding the alloy dropout in my twice-crashed Alpha Q Pro
Forum: Techniques March 19th 10, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By D'ohBoy
Do you have a Stronglight crank puller for sale?

On Mar 19, 11:29 am, Andre Jute wrote:
On Mar 19, 3:32 pm, "D'ohBoy" wrote:

On Mar 19, 10:24 am, Andre Jute wrote:

Forum: Techniques March 19th 10, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 44
Posted By D'ohBoy
Do you have a Stronglight crank puller for sale?

On Mar 19, 10:24 am, Andre Jute wrote:
On Mar 19, 12:47 am, Jay Beattie wrote:

But you
know what, the week after I sold my TA crank puller,...
Forum: Techniques March 19th 10, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 13
Posted By D'ohBoy
Wheel Truing: Getting Rid Of Hop?

On Mar 19, 9:24 am, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
I guess I've been lucky with all my wheel builds to date bc I've
never had do deal with hop.

But now I've got about 1/8" of hop...
Forum: Techniques March 19th 10, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By D'ohBoy
Campy 10v Headset Baseplate (Crown Race) Question - Mr. Muzi?

The JB Weld holding the alloy dropout in my twice-crashed Alpha Q Pro
fork has let go. Since I do have a replacement, I figured I would
replace the fork.

However, when looking into it, a coupla...
Forum: Techniques March 3rd 10, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By D'ohBoy
Thermos for Jutie WAS Choosing a very special crank

Oh I'm picking out a thermos for Jute
not an ordinary thermos for Jute
but the extra best thermos you can buy
with vinyl and stripes and a cup built right in

I'm picking out a thermos for Jute
and...
Forum: Techniques January 29th 10, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 125
Posted By D'ohBoy
OT - Presidential Assassinations of US Citizens?

On Jan 29, 11:53 am, AMuzi wrote:
Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
Is this we (the non-elite) voted for?
http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2010/01/27/yemen/index.html
Forum: Techniques December 14th 09, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By D'ohBoy
Jute and His Lackeys Lack the Courage of their "Convictions" WAS:

On Dec 13, 10:22*am, Phil H wrote:
On Dec 13, 7:04*am, "D'ohBoy" wrote:

On Dec 12, 6:30*pm, "D'ohBoy" wrote:

Hey,...
Forum: Techniques December 13th 09, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By D'ohBoy
Okay, Jute, I'll bite... But in the form of a series ofquestions.... (Question I)

On Dec 12, 6:30*pm, "D'ohBoy" wrote:
Hey, Andre, you don't doubt the existence of a natural phenomenon
known as "the greenhouse effect," do you?

D'ohBoy

Not afraid of...
Forum: Techniques December 13th 09, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 3
Posted By D'ohBoy
Okay, Jute, I'll bite... But in the form of a series of questions....(Question I)

Hey, Andre, you don't doubt the existence of a natural phenomenon
known as "the greenhouse effect," do you?

D'ohBoy
Forum: Techniques December 8th 09, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 7
Posted By D'ohBoy
Ummm...., stop that, Jute

Okay, did you learn that in a Turkish prison?
Forum: Techniques December 8th 09, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 156
Posted By D'ohBoy
Now Jute's servicing Sornson

Oh yes. Ewww....

D'ohBoy
Forum: Techniques December 8th 09, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 52
Posted By D'ohBoy
Sornson services Jute

On Dec 8, 11:15*am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

But by all means, let's completely blow up what's left of U.S. prosperity
and productivity ...

By all means! The Bushco era did its...
Forum: Techniques December 4th 09, 01:58 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 156
Posted By D'ohBoy
Tired of this crap

On Dec 3, 8:44 pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
[...]A whole lot of South American leaders labelled
dictators by the NYT and even by the...
Forum: Techniques December 3rd 09, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 156
Posted By D'ohBoy
OT - All Scientists Throw Out the Raw Data, Right?

On Dec 3, 3:16 pm, AMuzi wrote:
Tom Sherman °_° wrote:
Tim McNamara wrote:
[...]
Chavez is arguably a left winger. And clearly a nutbar.

Did you start...
Forum: Techniques November 11th 09, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 10
Posted By D'ohBoy
CHECK THIS OUT

On Nov 10, 9:49 pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
EXACTLY.

EVERYONE, STOP SHOUTING!

d'ohboy
Showing results 1 to 25 of 498