Showing results 1 to 25 of 139
Search took 0.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: OneWheelLess
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By OneWheelLess
Anyone know the thread size for the crank bolt on a Koxx1 hub

danger_uni;1165713 wrote:
Hey, by the way- check the thread carefully on the tap. M12 x 1.25 is
very common, but M12 x 1.0 is not. I don't know why the 1.0 size was
chosen; it would have...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By OneWheelLess
Anyone know the thread size for the crank bolt on a Koxx1 hub

ok, got it!
you wrote it fine, i just read it wrong on my blackberry

--
OneWheelLess

sigg
OneWheelLess's Profile:...
Forum: Unicycling January 6th 09, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By OneWheelLess
Anyone know the thread size for the crank bolt on a Koxx1 hub

So you're saying they use larger crankbolts than kh/nimbus hubs??? Are
you sure?

--
OneWheelLess

sigg
OneWheelLess's...
Forum: Unicycling January 3rd 09, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 840
Posted By OneWheelLess
Post Your Unis Here!

uniFREAK134;1163094 wrote:
i just got a KH 29" with handal bars, and its custom painted. i also
have a nimbus trials with KH ISIS SYM cranks, then i have a QU-AX MUni.

that 29er is awesome!...
Forum: Unicycling January 3rd 09, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By OneWheelLess
tap size for nimbus isis hub threads??

Thanks jerry! That was exactly what I needed to know!

--
OneWheelLess

sigg
OneWheelLess's Profile:...
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4
Posted By OneWheelLess
tap size for nimbus isis hub threads??

hello, i have a nimbus hub that was crossthreaded a little bit, and i
need to run a tap through to clean it out. the damage is not serious
enough to ruin the threads, but i am unsure of the actual...
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By OneWheelLess
Why don't I fall off in the ice?

harper;1162604 wrote:
One thing that helps to keep you on top when riding on ice is the
'coefficient of static friction.'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friction) As discussed in the article
Forum: Unicycling January 2nd 09, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 18
Posted By OneWheelLess
So I did my own custom Paint job!!

albee;1162628 wrote:
Dont tell my wife, but I have been using her pottery kiln to powder coat
stuff for awhile now. Albee

lol

--
Forum: Unicycling December 27th 08, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 4

+1 get a new handle, also I would suggest putting ductape on it in the
meantime.

(If you're in the us)
I've found that udc can be kinda stupid w/ shipping on small items. My
friend paid $10...
Forum: Unicycling December 26th 08, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 69
Posted By OneWheelLess
Christmas goodies thread

unicycle related-
$25 udc gift card

non-uni related-
very nice hardshell case for my strat
a remote coil for my smart parts sp-1
(i'll also be getting a sniper barrel and a harness to hold 4 pods...
Forum: Unicycling December 25th 08, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By OneWheelLess
Any good?~Advice wanted.

unibikeling;1157386 wrote:
uhm do not get a torker LX. They arent strong

Torker DX for a 24 would be better

unless your planning on not doing anything heavier like muni on the LX,
i...
Forum: Unicycling December 25th 08, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 12
Posted By OneWheelLess
Any good?~Advice wanted.

i'd go with a torker lx. the frame will accept a 2.5-2.6 tire which
allows it to be used for light muni. very decent strong parts for the
price range. the udc club unicycle looks interesting as...
Forum: Unicycling December 24th 08, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 13
Posted By OneWheelLess
Re-Newbing

Awesome uni! I love the black, keep up the good work!

--
OneWheelLess

so......cold.....
OneWheelLess's Profile:...
Forum: Unicycling December 23rd 08, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 235
Posted By OneWheelLess
Pictures of your latest ride

I traveled to a family reunion this past weekend, and planned for some
snow muni on sat, however the 8-12 inch snow on the trail wasn't
rideable, so i had to stick to the dirt roads that were...
Forum: Unicycling December 19th 08, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By OneWheelLess
Bicycle helmet vs Skate helmet

john_childs;1152690 wrote:
That does look like a good helmet. I took a look at the THE Industries
web page and saw the 'F-14 helmet'
(http://www.the-industries.com/helmets_f14.html). That's...
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By OneWheelLess
Bicycle helmet vs Skate helmet

john_childs;1152518 wrote:

I'd like to see MTB helmets that are shaped more like skate style
helmets but with more vents. Giro is going in that direction with the
Xen helmet, but that...
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 14
Posted By OneWheelLess
Muni suggestions Plzzzz

I'd also put my vote on the 26". I would recommend the new nimbus frame
w/ brake mounts, you'll definitely want them. Nurse Ben built up a nice
one a little while ago, but I'd go w/ a different rim....
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By OneWheelLess
Bicycle helmet vs Skate helmet

ntappin;1152361 wrote:
The way I see it is, a skate helmet protects better from actually
hitting your head, whereas the bike helmet will protect you from other
things hitting you.

i...
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By OneWheelLess
Bicycle helmet vs Skate helmet

harper;1152271 wrote:

Avoid polls like rational people avoid emoticons and the word
*AWESOME.*

that's sigg-able! lol
Forum: Unicycling December 18th 08, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 31
Posted By OneWheelLess
Bicycle helmet vs Skate helmet

i am concidering purchasing a good mountain bike helmet (hard foam),
they're light, they're comfortable and stylish (for activities such as
cokering where i'm tempted not to wear a helmet at all),...
Forum: Unicycling December 13th 08, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By OneWheelLess
Read if you have Rollo Disks

danger_uni;1146742 wrote:
The shelf that the bolt face sits on is not actually that thin at about
4.5 mm - enough that it should be more than strong enough for the
appropriate axle bolt...
Forum: Unicycling December 10th 08, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 19
Posted By OneWheelLess
Read if you have Rollo Disks

One question-
If over-tightening the crank bolts can shear the thin inner section of
the disk, how will this design be affected by the stresses of normal
use?
It seems that any weight that the rider...
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 08, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 123
Posted By OneWheelLess
UDC's Twelve Days of Christmas!

siafirede;1146501 wrote:
Go to unicycle.com and in the search field type "twelve"

That will give you all the twelve days of xmas sale items.

still can't find todays, i tried that search,...
Forum: Unicycling December 9th 08, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 6
Posted By OneWheelLess
24" Torker LX

The lx is definitely the uni I'd recommend.
I'd suggest checking w/ your local bike shops about wether they can get
them and how much they would cost. I know of two in my area that would
do 115 no...
Forum: Unicycling December 7th 08, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Replies: 67
Posted By OneWheelLess
post your homemade handlebars here!

munirocks;1145196 wrote:
So my T7 snapped today, and I don't think I'll be getting another one
before Roger improves the design once more. I think he should at least
put them on sale now...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 139